Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 04:12 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Hahaha! I KNEW you would support the poster of that map. Absurd! He won Nebraska by 15 points. The end.
You deny that there were votes cast and counted yesterday?

I don't even care about this particular thread because it's irrelevant, nominations are not awarded by the number of states. But I do care about reality and it is a reality that a democratic primary took place even if no delegates were awarded.

It would be completely uninteresting but for the fact that it just proves that Bernie wins caucuses when he wouldn't win primaries - this is the most direct evidence there could possibly be for that. So that whole claim that Hillary's only leading in votes because so many western states had caucuses is debunked. There's nothing but wishful thinking on which to base the assumption that Bernie would have gotten the same victories if all of those states had held primaries instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 04:15 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Haha, you put Nebraska as a Hillary win when she was beaten by 15 points! Apply for a job at Clinton News Network! They'll love you!
I did not make that map, it's from USA Today. Take it up with them.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:16 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
We all know the rules & Super Delegates will make Hillary the winner no matter what the voters want. The point is that 1/2 the states in the United States will have voted against her in the Democrat party.

I don't think there has ever been such a weak candidate coronated by the DNC as nominee for President.

What the people want?

Barack Obama won only 47% of the popular vote in 2008 (to Hillary's 48%), losing major Blue Wall states like CA, NY, NJ, PA, and MI in the process. He only wrapped up the nomination in June 2008, three months AFTER John McCain secured the GOP nomination. Using your horrendous logic, he was a weaker candidate than Hillary.

Considering that Hillary is up three million votes on Bernie, the voters want her to be the nominee. You really need to come to terms with this, and the drubbing Trump will be receiving in 6 months. Make life easier for yourself.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:17 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Well Kentucky is up in the air. Her comments made about coal will probably cause her to lose Kentucky. He'll blow Oregon out taking almost every delegate like Washington. Will probably take 75% of delegates in South Dakota, Montana, and North Dakota.

New Mexico I feel can sway to whover wins California.

D.C. will go to Hillary probably.

Now California is a tough call. The rules have changed so much with voting that I fear Independents won't change over to Democrat by the deadline to vote be NY all over again.

However, if Sanders independent supporters change over in time will be a blow out in favor of Sanders k.o. Hillary and giving him the nomination.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:18 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I did not make that map, it's from USA Today. Take it up with them.
Oh my God, the corporate overlord is taking over the esteemed paper, USA Today. Oh, wait, that happened decades ago.

Mick

Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
President Ford did not run in the Democrat primary.
the point is that pledged delegates are awarded by population, not number of states. Its more akin to the electoral college and there for, Clinton having won the larger states has a delegate lead, and the number of states won have nothing to do with who wins the primary.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:23 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
He'll blow Oregon out taking almost every delegate like Washington.
yeah, because an open caucus in Washington is exactly the same as a closed primary in Oregon.

I think Oregon will be close, I'm sure a whole lot closer than the one poll we have there so far which puts Hillary ahead by 15 points. Maybe even a Bernie win.

But no, it's not going to be a Bernie blow out.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Looked this up for another topic. I get this for which candidate has or will win which states.

Tally So Far.
  • Hillary - 23 States
  • Bernie - 19 States
Remaining
  • Kentucky -> Bernie
  • New Jersey -> Hillary
  • New Mexico -> Hillary
  • Montana -> Bernie
  • North Dakota -> Bernie
  • South Dakota -> Bernie
  • Oregon -> Bernie
  • California -> Bernie
Final Result
  • Hillary - 25 States
  • Bernie - 25 States
i.e. Huge disaster for Hillary. She will enter convention as highly wounded candidate.

You know, just about the same thing happened to Obama when Hillary was trailing a bit behind.

And we see how that impacted him.

President Barrack Hussein Obama.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:27 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
However, if Sanders independent supporters change over in time will be a blow out in favor of Sanders k.o. Hillary and giving him the nomination.
Doubtful. California has the nation's largest number of Latinos who are eligible to vote. California also has a large number of blacks. Two populations that are favorable to Hillary. A "blowout" favoring Sanders is extremely unlikely.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:31 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You deny that there were votes cast and counted yesterday?
Completely meaningless primary of course, there is zero reason for Sanders supporters to vote but not surprising seeing you support blatantly lying about who won the state. Your partisan attitude is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections