Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:09 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,395,289 times

Advertisements

What I find hypocritical is suggesting th Hillary is doing something any different than any other Talking head on a News Channel who makes big bucks..WHether it's getting a grand contract with Faux News for own hour long segment ..or doing multi "Think Tank" speeches..or speeches. It's been going on for since I can remember..SO Puleeze..stop such feign'd outrage

I recall Newt had many high paid speeches in the Conservative venue..actually got paid by Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac..not so long ago ( just prior to his 2012 Presidential Bid)..So enough of such faux outrage ..TY

Newt Gingrich Freddie Mac Fees: Former House Speaker Reportedly Received At Least $1.6 Million From Housing Giant

Just incase anyone wishes to accuse Hilary for specific demands in contracts to speak~~ Newt was NO different back in late 2011~~

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...FdO_story.html

Quote:
Gingrich’s money-making and spending habits have become a central issue in the presidential race since he has risen to the top of the Republican field ahead of Mitt Romney. Gingrich amassed a $150 million financial empire after leaving Congress and is still trying to dig out from under a mountain of debt from private charter planes and other pricey expenses in the early weeks of his campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 05:03 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,465,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Examples please or do you just make up a narrative as you go along?
Hillary's "superpredators" and $250,000 speeches to Goldman Sachs.

Need more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's not really true. Companies pay notable persons to appear and speak to draw crowds. I was on a ship that had Andrew Cuomo, who wasn't governor yet and was just a private citizen, give a keynote speech which was he was paid.

Famous actors and economists get paid too for the same reason.
Oh, yeah.

I'm sure you as a passenger paid tons of money to listen to Democrook Cuomo -- the guy who -- at the behest of Democrook Bill Clinton -- destroyed the economy by ordering Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in sub-prime loans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
By invoking Godwin's Law, he loses. Big time. He is running out of valid arguments, yet continues to wail and gnash his teeth. Doesn't he realize that the more he whines and moans about Trump, the more support he sends Trumps' way? This has me wondering if there is a cure for TDS
Trump loves TDS.

So do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I recall Newt had many high paid speeches in the Conservative venue..actually got paid by Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac..not so long ago ( just prior to his 2012 Presidential Bid)..So enough of such faux outrage ..TY

Newt Gingrich Freddie Mac Fees: Former House Speaker Reportedly Received At Least $1.6 Million From Housing Giant

Just incase anyone wishes to accuse Hilary for specific demands in contracts to speak~~ Newt was NO different back in late 2011~~

Don't you have anything going on in Canada, where you live, to pay attention to?

We really don't care what you think down here in the U.S.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:49 AM

26,213 posts, read 22,387,744 times
This is probably why she thinks welfare would sound attractive to the coal miners, putting in no effort like she does and still getting a check. Hillary couldn't be any further removed from the people of this country.

Gosh, those prison checks for work in the laundry room will be quite the shocker for her! Hillary for Prison 2016!

Old 05-22-2016, 06:29 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,654,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
What I find hypocritical is suggesting th Hillary is doing something any different than any other Talking head on a News Channel who makes big bucks..WHether it's getting a grand contract with Faux News for own hour long segment ..or doing multi "Think Tank" speeches..or speeches. It's been going on for since I can remember..SO Puleeze..stop such feign'd outrage

I think that comparing Puppet Clinton to Puppet Gingrich is an excellent way to make the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections