Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 12:48 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,986,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You bring up policy when this thread is about personality and presidential 'feel'. Try to stay on topic!
The idea that what is important is "feel," whatever that is, over concrete policy is only important to those who have no idea how to analyze policy differences. To those, what's important is "whether he seems like a guy I can have a beer with." That is what people felt about George Bush over "stiff" Al Gore, with disastrous consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 12:50 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,449,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The idea that what is important is "feel," whatever that is, over concrete policy is only important to those who have no idea how to analyze policy differences. To those, what's important is "whether he seems like a guy I can have a beer with." That is what people felt about George Bush over "stiff" Al Gore, with disastrous consequences.
Give me a competent stiff, Republican or Democrat, anyday of the week over "a guy you can have beer with"

Old 05-30-2016, 12:58 PM

4,555 posts, read 4,081,125 times
I think he is getting a lot better as it goes but not free of a few insignificant political type mistakes. I think he has the potential to be like a JFK simply because he is an american who puts america first.

Honestly in a country that has been plagued with PC for this long does anyone know what real presidential is supposed to look like instead of broke back? Given the current state of things he might actually be EXACTLY what presidential should look like.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:00 PM

4,555 posts, read 4,081,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That is what people felt about George Bush over "stiff" Al Gore, with disastrous consequences.
Al Gore vs Bush was just another example of our complete failure in the primaries. If we can start getting more america first types out of the primaries then it won't even matter who people choose in the general.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Al Gore vs Bush was just another example of our complete failure in the primaries. If we can start getting more america first types out of the primaries then it won't even matter who people choose in the general.
Your literally voting based on empty campaign slogans

Old 05-30-2016, 01:14 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,674,604 times
Quote:
Honestly in a country that has been plagued with PC for this long does anyone know what real presidential is supposed to look like ...
Harry Truman was president when I was born, so I don't have any memory of him. I do remember Eisenhower and all succeeding presidents.

I can say that I DO know what a presidential candidate is 'supposed to look like', and more importantly, how a presidential candidate is supposed to ACT.

Trump is a disgrace.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:27 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,198,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I agree with the OP. The last 8 years have lowered the bar to almost unachievable lows, so I'm sure that alters my perception. But yes, Donald Trump has flashes of presidential acumen. More importantly, he loves America and truly wants to make it great again. He's an achiever and he's proud of his achievements. It's not in him to fail. If he takes on the job, failure will not be an option.

I'm very willing to give him the opportunity to make me proud and to know, without question, that when he engages in his presidential duties, whether here or abroad, he will not embarrass me.
OMG! I can't believe some of the posts in this thread! Trump has been a failure, OVER AND OVER AGAIN! He bankrupted four companies. He's got fraud trials coming up in two states because he scammed people out of money. What kind of a President does this?!!!!!

Old 05-30-2016, 01:28 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,393,707 times
Quote:
I think he is getting a lot better as it goes but not free of a few insignificant political type mistakes. I think he has the potential to be like a JFK simply because he is an american who puts america first.
Don't be kidding yourself. The only thing Trump puts first (last, and in between) is Trump.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:17 PM

33,596 posts, read 18,235,511 times
Trump can be very tough.. Trump in the board room on apprentice shows his hard side.. Trump now is in mode to bring people in , and to counter punch those who are trying to bring him down.. Trump can be very presidential.

All those candidates who were trying to get the nomination.. they have many sides too. Trump is just a master at getting his point across with no blather. Trump gets to the point and there is no political correctness. He tells it like it is.

The others, practices pull string dolls who say the same thing and dance around the subject with no direct answers. People are sick of that.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump can be very tough.. Trump in the board room on apprentice shows his hard side..
This cant be real life...Trump is tough in the board room...ON A REALITY SHOW?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections