Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 08:20 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,708,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You are the perfect Trump supporter. Collect a a mishmash of every rightwing talking point you can think of, slap it all together in an incoherent mess, and throw it at the wall in the hopes that something will stick.

You can't tell the difference between a president making appearances on shows--which every one of them does--and a man who is a reality show host. To you they are both the same. Typical Trump style logic.

You think Obama "waists" money (geesh) on vacations but you ignore the fact that he has taken less vacation time, and by a wide margin, than his predecessor. Typical Trump style lying.

You pretend Obama was only a "community worker" (oh, the horror! He worked for people in low income communities to help them better their lives!! What kind of selfish bastard works for the people???) and ignore his years in office before becoming president, as a state senator and a U.S. senator, even as you support a man who has absolutely zero experience in governing and has never done anything for anyone who isn't named Donald Trump.

And stop pretending you ever respected our president. No one is buying it
No one with any self respect could respect him. Worst example of leadership sense Carter and maybe before that. Globalist bent on reducing the country to rubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 08:22 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,983,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Unfortunately, his Presidency has been all too real!
Not too unfortunate at all. Remember how Republicans were saying that when Obama gets his stimulus, bails out GM, and extends unemployment that interest rates were going to skyrocket, we'd have hyperinflation, unemployment was going to balloon and the dollar was going to plummet? How did those predictions work out? They were all wrong.

Meanwhile, the economy has recovered beyond what it was in 2008, jobs have improved better than under Reagan, inflation is low and interest rates are low. We aren't getting hundreds of soldiers a month killed in Iraq. 20 million more people have health insurance. Yet, the unusual suspects can't change their tune that Obama is the worst president ever.

I know, faced with these realities, cognitive dissonance kicks in. Thus, good jobs numbers must be the result of career civil servants fudging the numbers, absent any real evidence. Well, ok, you got us. We manufacture the numbers on an Excel spreadsheet then take the "real" numbers and fly them in black helicopters to Area 51 to be buried with the dead aliens.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No one with any self respect could respect him. Worst example of leadership sense Carter and maybe before that. Globalist bent on reducing the country to rubble.
Then he's doing a terrible job at reducing the country to rubble. All of these new large office and residential buildings in downtown Brooklyn were built during the last eight-years.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:30 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,062,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Then he's doing a terrible job at reducing the country to rubble. All of these new large office and residential buildings in downtown Brooklyn were built during the last eight-years.
aha, there you go, Obama is doing a terrible job

Old 06-09-2016, 09:36 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,121,251 times
Quote:
Not too unfortunate at all. Remember how Republicans were saying that when Obama gets his stimulus, bails out GM, and extends unemployment that interest rates were going to skyrocket, we'd have hyperinflation, unemployment was going to balloon and the dollar was going to plummet? How did those predictions work out? They were all wrong.

Meanwhile, the economy has recovered beyond what it was in 2008, jobs have improved better than under Reagan, inflation is low and interest rates are low. We aren't getting hundreds of soldiers a month killed in Iraq. 20 million more people have health insurance. Yet, the unusual suspects can't change their tune that Obama is the worst president ever.

I know, faced with these realities, cognitive dissonance kicks in. Thus, good jobs numbers must be the result of career civil servants fudging the numbers, absent any real evidence. Well, ok, you got us. We manufacture the numbers on an Excel spreadsheet then take the "real" numbers and fly them in black helicopters to Area 51 to be buried with the dead aliens.
Keep drinking the kool-aid. It has a brainwashing agent in it that is colorless and odorless.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:55 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,838,297 times
Quote:
Actually, Bush2 went on more vacations than any other U.S. President -- but he was white, so it was ok.
When lefties can't win they throw in the racist comments. Pathetic

Bush may have gone more days on vacation but he didn't spend 70 million for vacations! lefties can only count days and not money and therefore I can't blame you for not having to looked into the financial part.

Btw the housing mess was created under Bill Clinton when every lender had to approve lower income buyers as it was a right to buy and that was the start of the mess...but of course the lefties blame anyone but their own cheating and lying Clinton..."I did not..." as you can fill that in for both Clintons!

Oh my gosh the Clintons are white and I don't trust them...must make me a racist or whatever you wanna call me next as lefties can only start calling names instead of reasoning with facts.

Right now many are losing their job but you may not want to hear about it. At one of my kids job almost daily they are laying off VP's and they have started to lay off from the top down and there is a hiring/promotion stop.

This is related to the stock market.

I don't like the sleezy ways Obama's pushed Obamacare through our throat and gtting the big increased health care bill every two months while Obama promised our bills would go lower but coming from Europe I knew better. Obama I probably a great guy to go to a bar with and have some fun and he can dance, sing, etc....but not someone who can in a honest way present a policy and get both sides to stand behind a bill (at least a majority).

Obama has a pen and just signed an executive order! That is your Obama and we got to deal with it. Now we have a business man proven to be successful who has good ideas and proven record. Maybe we don't everything he says but I trust him way better than Obama.

But if that makes a person a racist than you have to go back to school to learn what racism means!

Just for the record we did better year after year since owning the business but that doesn't mean that Obama was the cause. The values were way down and we just sold more properties, especially from people who got loans they never should have gotten or people who were smart enough to use the system to walk away from their homes and let the rest of us deal with the lower values and less maintained areas. But in my profession we still were selling but many realtors left the business and tried to get a job to keep paying the bills.

Many people had jobs and hours were cut...they are not calculated into the unemployment numbers...others got paid less to keep their job.

The big mess will still com due to Obamacare...just wait and see until that implode! Just a matter of time.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Keep drinking the kool-aid. It has a brainwashing agent in it that is colorless and odorless.
After what I wrote, your reply is supposed to pass for convincing debate material?

Old 06-09-2016, 10:07 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,007,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama goes to all the talk shows from Ellen to Jimmy Kimmel, etc. and preaching how Trump has no clue while Obama doesn't seem to have a clue that on the job of the President Obama himself is on an entertainment show.

Obama played more golf than anyone. Spend more or waist more money on traveling for vacations and even flying his dog on a separate plane.
Obama learned on the job...was a community worker and now our countries economic growth is the lowest in decades.

Fake unemployment numbers because people are so desperate and have given up. Chicago, Obama's home town has the highest amount of black on black killings and gang related shootings. Nothing Obama is doing to get to stop that but sitting and talking to Jimmy Kimmel and bashing a successful business man is so dumb that I have lost all my respect.
I doubt you ever had any respect to lose.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:12 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,007,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahahahahah.

Obama goes on a TV Show to tell Americans that Presidency isn't a TV Show.

Lunacy at it's best.
That's quite a conflation there.

What's he supposed to do in 2016, ride around on the back of a train? Send telegrams?

Old 06-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
When lefties can't win they throw in the racist comments. Pathetic

Bush may have gone more days on vacation but he didn't spend 70 million for vacations! lefties can only count days and not money and therefore I can't blame you for not having to looked into the financial part.
The only sources that claim that high figure are biased right-wing websites. There are no substantiated figures for cost of any president/

Quote:
Btw the housing mess was created under Bill Clinton when every lender had to approve lower income buyers as it was a right to buy and that was the start of the mess...but of course the lefties blame anyone but their own cheating and lying Clinton..."I did not..." as you can fill that in for both Clintons!
Barry Ritholtz calls what you wrote the Big Lie

Quote:
I don't like the sleezy ways Obama's pushed Obamacare through our throat and gtting the big increased health care bill every two months while Obama promised our bills would go lower but coming from Europe I knew better. Obama I probably a great guy to go to a bar with and have some fun and he can dance, sing, etc....but not someone who can in a honest way present a policy and get both sides to stand behind a bill (at least a majority).
It's called getting a majority vote in the House and Senate. That's how laws are passed.

Quote:
Obama has a pen and just signed an executive order! That is your Obama and we got to deal with it. Now we have a business man proven to be successful who has good ideas and proven record. Maybe we don't everything he says but I trust him way better than Obama.
Yeah, presidents have been issuing Executive ORders since George Washington, but it is telling that some only get upset when the black president uses them.

Quote:
But if that makes a person a racist than you have to go back to school to learn what racism means!
I already know what racism looks like -- and I see it clearly in your post.
Quote:
Just for the record we did better year after year since owning the business but that doesn't mean that Obama was the cause. The values were way down and we just sold more properties, especially from people who got loans they never should have gotten or people who were smart enough to use the system to walk away from their homes and let the rest of us deal with the lower values and less maintained areas. But in my profession we still were selling but many realtors left the business and tried to get a job to keep paying the bills.
You should thank the Obama recovery but I know that you won't.
Quote:
Many people had jobs and hours were cut...they are not calculated into the unemployment numbers...others got paid less to keep their job.
I know what people think that they know -- even though they don't. Obamacare went full-blown in 2013. Since then, part-time employment has shrunk, not gotten bigger. Stop listening to Rush Limpbag.

Quote:
The big mess will still com due to Obamacare...just wait and see until that implode! Just a matter of time.
I have been hearing from the right for years how Obamacare is going to fail. It has been failing to fail -- while adding 20 million people and cutting the uninsured rate down to modern time lows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections