Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:16 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

Obama goes to all the talk shows from Ellen to Jimmy Kimmel, etc. and preaching how Trump has no clue while Obama doesn't seem to have a clue that on the job of the President Obama himself is on an entertainment show.

Obama played more golf than anyone. Spend more or waist more money on traveling for vacations and even flying his dog on a separate plane.
Obama learned on the job...was a community worker and now our countries economic growth is the lowest in decades.

Fake unemployment numbers because people are so desperate and have given up. Chicago, Obama's home town has the highest amount of black on black killings and gang related shootings. Nothing Obama is doing to get to stop that but sitting and talking to Jimmy Kimmel and bashing a successful business man is so dumb that I have lost all my respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 05:43 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,733 times
I take it you don't care for Obama........however, I do.

8 years ago, when he took over, this country was in deep trouble financially. People were losing homes left and right, construction was down to where companies were closing, unemployment was at a record high, consumer confidence was in the toilet, and we felt we were never going to recover. You can thank your man GW for getting us in that mess.

Today, new home starts are up, people are once again keeping and buying homes, help wanted signs are up everywhere I look, businesses are so busy they can't get to you for weeks at a time, and people are once again spending money on luxury items like new cars and boats. Being in the real estate business, you have had to see your business increase, unless you are a lousy RE agent. I don't know about you, but I am going to work this morning and intend on spending a lot of money on stuff I would have not bought 8 years ago.

You can moan all you want about how badly this man did, but the statistics refute that belief 100%. As for him going on talk shows, big deal. It is an election year and EVERY politician is trying to get all the exposure for their party that they can. I don't see you complaining about Trump being on GMA and all the other shows he has been hitting.

Before you start spouting what your mentor Trump has put into your head, get the facts straight. Once again, Trump guys looking at the bottle as half empty.

Last edited by WMak70; 06-09-2016 at 05:58 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
My first thought was, "Yes, Obama, you had it right. Playing golf and going on vacation is what the Presidency is all about." Although, his constant effort to destroy our country has always been constantly in play. Why he has not been tried for treason against the US, I will never know.

Perhaps, Obama thought the job entailed running up the national debt and if so, he did do a great job in this area: Obama presidency to end with $20 trillion national debt - Washington Times

Maybe it had to do with making healthcare unaffordable: Obamacare Forces 2016 Insurance Premiums To Skyrocket (I like this website, just found it recently.)

Maybe it has to do with being able to snow people about the reality of employment in our country: Forbes Welcome

Maybe not thinking about your own citizens when it comes to employment: Unemployment May Be Dropping, But It's Still Twice As High For Blacks : NPR while "forgiving the crimes" of the illegal aliens who will continue to take jobs away from those citizens: Obama amnesty greater threat to blacks than police brutality, racial profiling, experts say - Washington Times

Obama's Presidency has been about "control and change" and Hillary plans to be Obama by proxy, just say "no": ALINSKY'S HIT MAN: Obama's Plan to Destroy America

Old 06-09-2016, 06:42 AM

465 posts, read 257,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama goes to all the talk shows from Ellen to Jimmy Kimmel, etc. and preaching how Trump has no clue while Obama doesn't seem to have a clue that on the job of the President Obama himself is on an entertainment show.

Obama played more golf than anyone. Spend more or waist more money on traveling for vacations and even flying his dog on a separate plane.
Obama learned on the job...was a community worker and now our countries economic growth is the lowest in decades.

Fake unemployment numbers because people are so desperate and have given up. Chicago, Obama's home town has the highest amount of black on black killings and gang related shootings. Nothing Obama is doing to get to stop that but sitting and talking to Jimmy Kimmel and bashing a successful business man is so dumb that I have lost all my respect.
You didn't have any to begin with...but if that rant helped you deal, then good for you! Here are some pesky facts about that vacation time you seemed so butthurt about:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/compared...few-vacations/

Old 06-09-2016, 06:43 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Hahahahahahah.

Obama goes on a TV Show to tell Americans that Presidency isn't a TV Show.

Lunacy at it's best.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:47 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,562 times
Unfortunately, his Presidency has been all too real!

Old 06-09-2016, 06:48 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
If a person desires a President that will not play golf, then one must vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton. I have never heard of her playing golf.

It is obvious that Donald John Trump, if elected, will play golf. I predict 'a lot of golf'. I also predict "a lot of golf on his own golf courses".

I also do not equate appearing on a 'late night entertainment' show as being the same as a 'reality' show. Appearing on such shows is simply status quo.

Indeed, I well recall when Richard Nixon, running for president in 1968, appeared, briefly, on "Laugh In", in which, during a regular routine involving the slogan "Sock it to me", the camera suddenly panned to Mr. Nixon, whom said "Sock it to me?"

It was met with great applause, helped his image (for he was considered rather 'stuffy'), and perhaps helped him gain votes for the White House.

Other politicians took note.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:04 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:

You are the perfect Trump supporter. Collect a a mishmash of every rightwing talking point you can think of, slap it all together in an incoherent mess, and throw it at the wall in the hopes that something will stick.

You can't tell the difference between a president making appearances on shows--which every one of them does--and a man who is a reality show host. To you they are both the same. Typical Trump style logic.

You think Obama "waists" money (geesh) on vacations but you ignore the fact that he has taken less vacation time, and by a wide margin, than his predecessor. Typical Trump style lying.

You pretend Obama was only a "community worker" (oh, the horror! He worked for people in low income communities to help them better their lives!! What kind of selfish bastard works for the people???) and ignore his years in office before becoming president, as a state senator and a U.S. senator, even as you support a man who has absolutely zero experience in governing and has never done anything for anyone who isn't named Donald Trump.

And stop pretending you ever respected our president. No one is buying it

Old 06-09-2016, 08:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:

Actually, Bush2 went on more vacations than any other U.S. President -- but he was white, so it was ok.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:18 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You are the perfect Trump supporter. Collect a a mishmash of every rightwing talking point.......

...... No one is buying it
Hmm. Right wingers are not supporting Trump. (see #NeverTrump) So argument makes no sense.

I do agree with you on the last part, though you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Vast majority have moved beyond the false war of "left" vs "right". The few still fighting that war are either going with Hillary, or some mythical 3rd party candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections