Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 03:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Political parties do change with time. JFK wouldn't recognize the Democratic party as it is now. Today, he'd be considered a right wing nut job and have no place in his own party.
As would Gov. Rockefeller, Gen. Eisenhower, Gov. (George) Romney, Gov. Scranton and even Nixon when you talk Republicans. It is all Goldwater/Reagan Republicans now with a little bit of Gov. Wallace Southern Democrat now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 04:54 PM

11,829 posts, read 5,816,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Oh lord this again? Donald's first public accusation of racism was a lawsuit in the 70s. I have followed for 30 years and for 30 years I have heard him say racist, sexist, stupid chit.
You followed him for 30 yrs - so there's something about him that obviously intrigues you. But let's not pretend that the same racist comments have come out of Clinton's mouth. Now whether each intended their comments to have a racist overtone - they obviously did to some in society. I think the media is making more of Trump and thus influencing people like yourself who believe the BS.

Hillary Clinton, Racist: Top 5 Worst Comments (in Public)

Old 06-10-2016, 05:50 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Political parties do change with time. JFK wouldn't recognize the Democratic party as it is now. Today, he'd be considered a right wing nut job and have no place in his own party.
No, he was never anything like a right-wing nut, and still isn't by today's standards.

He would be considered a hawkish D.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:54 PM

347 posts, read 468,379 times
My prediction as of right now, June 10th:

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

Old 06-10-2016, 06:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
My prediction as of right now, June 10th:

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map
Seems legit. Maybe a state or two here and there different but that was my expectation too. Good job.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:52 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
My guess is this is temporary. Unless he makes another massive bumble like that the GOP will turn back to backing him fully. It's the sad nature of modern politics though. Where parties support the candidate no matter what because they at least don't come from the other party.
I dunno. Ordinarily I'd agree that's what they'd do, but they see the demographic writing on the wall.

You cannot stand openly and firmly behind a candidate who is unabashedly racist, openly views women as objects, and openly hates religious minorities and still hope to maintain a viable party.

Even if they happen to hold the same deplorable views of anyone who isn't a white male as Trump, most aren't so stupid as to believe they can maintain any sort of power without some substantial support from minorities and women.

Yes, there are a lot of uneducated, racist, sexist white people out there, but that group alone isn't enough.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,443,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I just think he is race-baiting himself rather than racist. Race-baiting is the act of using racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce while racist is believing a race is superior to another race. I don't know if Trump is racist but he has said racist things time and time again this election cycle as well as sexist comments and a lot of his supporters are saying it is just anti-PC. But remember the key thing with the right to free speech is that there is a limit to free speech. Always has been. You can't just say fire in a crowded area without causing problems (even if there is one though that is fine)m'kay as you can't go around saying the f-word for every other word. I mean does any black/African-American deserve to be called n*****, or does any Hispanic deserve to be called s*** or does a Middle Eastern being called sand-n*****, or what about gays being called f*****? Just because you have the right to free speech, don't mean you should use it, you have to know what can be said can take things to the next level. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, I'm looking at you.
Trump hasn't even come close to using such epithets. And the liberals, liberal media and Democrats are always obsessing about race, "white privilege," and blaming whites for everything.

So they long ago created the charged racial atmosphere that they falsely accuse Trump of creating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
you also can't forget that before everyone dropped out he only had secured 38 percent of the vote. So we can't really say that GOP voters choose him in a landslide like a lot of his backers think.
38% IS a landslide when you have sixteen competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Face it, there aren't enough bigots and racists in the country to win elections on any more, which is a fact that causes many right wingers great despair.
If you admit that's true, then are you libs going to stop constantly talking about race and "institutionalized racism" in our society?

I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Yes, yes, but Hillary still received more votes than Trump.

15,729,913 for Clinton and 13,700,472 for Trump.
Hillary only had one serious competitor, Trump had many.

Liberals and arithmetic -- they just don't go together very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I agree but Trump supporters don't get let facts get in the way of their narrative that he is the people's choice because he's an outsider and saying what is needed to be said regardless of the racial and sexual overtones.
Nobody has claimed that he's "the people's choice."

That remains to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Tell me, what has Trump said or done that Hillary, Obama, Bush, or Clinton hasn't done a dozen times over? Obama (in my opinion) has shown overt hatred of white people, mostly the British and Jews, Hillary made disparaging anti-semitic remarks, Sharpton, who is good friends with Obama, is on record with anti-white, anti-Jew, and anti-gay remarks. I don't recall any liberal here condemning it in any way.
Yes, the liberals are very racist. So their accusations of racism are not to be taken seriously. It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Quote:
I barely hear any GOP elite offer anything other than a limp wristed response, yet they have plenty to say about Trump. Screw them
They are complete cowards on this subject.

They need to be primaried out of office by Trump supporters.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:19 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,655,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You followed him for 30 yrs - so there's something about him that obviously intrigues you. But let's not pretend that the same racist comments have come out of Clinton's mouth. Now whether each intended their comments to have a racist overtone - they obviously did to some in society. I think the media is making more of Trump and thus influencing people like yourself who believe the BS.

Hillary Clinton, Racist: Top 5 Worst Comments (in Public)
I have also followed Paulie Shore. Should he run for president too?

Old 06-11-2016, 03:44 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,634,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I have also followed Paulie Shore. Should he run for president too?
No, you should have your head examined if you follow Shore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections