Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 07:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
She is offering my child and all children a future!
How? When she is never going to be President and doesn't want to work 'within' the corrupt system. Hard to fix it online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 07:31 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,633,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I read through the Green Party platform from their website and there is no way I could support them. I'm not really a libertarian, but I'll be voting for Johnson. He got 12% today in a national Fox News poll and he is polling at 23% of independents. The Greens aren't on enough states to really win, maybe theoretically they could, but the chances are minute. Johnson can win libertarians, conservatives, and moderates, maybe even some social liberals. Stein and the greens will only win environmentalists, progressives, and liberals. They simply don't have a large enough support group.
I agree with much of the Libertarian point of view, particularly in regard to the giant cancer of government that has become an entity that only cares about its own growth regardless of how it destroys the lives of its host, the American people. However, the candidates themselves remind me too much of the same ole politicians and as with Bernie, I am voting for the candidate not the party.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:32 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,633,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How? When she is never going to be President and doesn't want to work 'within' the corrupt system. Hard to fix it online.
Jill Stein can't fix it. Only the people can! I stand with the future of my child.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:08 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,948,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I agree with much of the Libertarian point of view, particularly in regard to the giant cancer of government that has become an entity that only cares about its own growth regardless of how it destroys the lives of its host, the American people. However, the candidates themselves remind me too much of the same ole politicians and as with Bernie, I am voting for the candidate not the party.
Yes, our political system is the literal definition of insanity. If Green Party gets 5% of the vote they get federal funding. We have to start somewhere, and I am never again being a participant in the insanity that is choosing one evil over another...

Old 06-10-2016, 09:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It took awhile but those outside the 68 Convention finally accomplished many of their goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections