Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 10:43 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,142,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Yet the anti-Trumpers I've seen on this forum are every bit as outspoken as Trump (sometimes even moreso)... so I don't get it. Are they hoping to elect someone who is more classy than themselves?
You're comparing communication on an internet chat board to that of a potential world leader?? Any idiot can say any idiot thing online but we need the American president to communicate with tact, without personal emotion, with great perspective and in a way to have success working with a very diverse set of people internally and externally. Trump cannot do this, he's failing his extended interview badly. I've never worked under even a mid-level manager that communicates as poorly and unprofessionally as Trump.

I realize this post to you is as important as a campaign speech .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 10:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I don't support nor condone Trump in any shape form or fashion. He's bigoted, and racist. That being said, so is Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Jeremiah Wright. Yet they are allowed in the media to promote their agendas with no repercussion. Trump is protected by that same right. There will always be people that hate others who don't subscribe to their specific agenda. That's normal.

They're all protected by free speech. So really if one can do it, they all can. Does it help the country? Not at all. But nothing we can really do about it but ignore it.
If Sharpton, Jackson or Wright run for president you might have a point. Likewise, if Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh or Ann Colter ever run--rabid right wingers who also are allowed to "promote their agendas with no repercussions"--the point would be the same for the other side.

But none of them are running--they are just mouthpieces for one side or the other. Trump, who is auditioning with the American public for the highest office in the land, has a higher standard to meet.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:48 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,674,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If Sharpton, Jackson or Wright run for president you might have a point. Likewise, if Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh or Ann Colter ever run--rabid right wingers who also are allowed to "promote their agendas with no repercussions"--the point would be the same for the other side.

But none of them are running--they are just mouthpieces for one side or the other. Trump, who is auditioning with the American public for the highest office in the land, has a higher standard to meet.

So did Obama, but that didn't stop him. He's no different than anyone we are discussing.

"I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions."

"After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerant. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

"What I think we know — separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact."

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

"I don’t believe it is possible to transcend race in this country. Race is a factor in this society. The legacy of Jim Crow and slavery has not gone away. It is not an accident that African-Americans experience high crime rates, are poor, and have less wealth. It is a direct result of our racial history."

"That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn."

"It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere...That's the world! On which hope sits!"

"I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother"

Old 06-10-2016, 10:49 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
Go Trump!

Old 06-10-2016, 10:50 AM

25,850 posts, read 16,547,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Its all about giving you a taste of your own medicine. If you're not outraged by Trump's racial slurs and misogyny, you can't be a hypocrite and complain about what's posted about Mr Reality TV here.
Maybe it takes Trump to get liberals to show their true, hateful colors?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:50 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,674,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hold on a second.

you need to back up the bigot and racist.

On which account? Sharpton, Jackson, Wright, Trump? Please....... He will likely get my vote (lesser of the two evils between himself and Hillary) but that doesn't mean he isn't what he is.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:53 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
I don't think the media has been fair to Donald Trump. Nobody cares about videos like the following, Media is corporate media who only cares about rating. I don't think Trump is a racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Bt6b8PPP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26_qAvv6v04

Old 06-10-2016, 10:54 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,488,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Yet the anti-Trumpers I've seen on this forum are every bit as outspoken as Trump (sometimes even moreso)... so I don't get it. Are they hoping to elect someone who is more classy than themselves?
I respect him for being honest, frank, and open about what he thinks. However, I don't like what he thinks.

[too bad]

Old 06-10-2016, 10:55 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think the media has been fair to Donald Trump. Nobody cares about videos like the following, if the media wants to portrait him as a racist, then there is nothing he can do.
He could stop saying stupid sh1t that is going to be used against him

Old 06-10-2016, 10:58 AM

20,476 posts, read 12,395,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
On which account? Sharpton, Jackson, Wright, Trump? Please....... He will likely get my vote (lesser of the two evils between himself and Hillary) but that doesn't mean he isn't what he is.

Trump. I agree with lesser of two... I aint exactly jumping for joy over Trump

but when someone says racist, we need to explain it.

so gimme an example of 1 thing he has said or done that is racist and lets see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections