Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:03 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,205,380 times

Advertisements

Well, now that Trump has taken over the Republican Convention next month in Cleveland, it sounds like he wants to turn it into "Boys Club." He wants to invite sports figures to speak and not have politicians giving speeches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/11/us...ties.html?_r=0

Trump already has a woman problem and I know, as a woman, I wouldn't be too excited to listen to a bunch of sports guys talk all night. I could care less about the Ultimate Fighting Championship president. Ditto with Nascar people and football players.

What do you think? Would you want to go to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 11:10 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,571,008 times
Bobby Knight will give the nominating speech.

Dennis Rodman or Mike Tyson will second.

Lou Holtz and Jesse Ventura will join them onstage, for the great confetti release.

Roseanne Barr will sing the national anthem.

Don King will pass.

(everyone named above except Don King has publicly endorsed Trump)

Last edited by biscuitmom; 06-10-2016 at 11:21 PM..

Old 06-10-2016, 11:12 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,699,090 times
I wouldn't want to go to it anyway. And I doubt I will listen. Conventions are for drunk people.

Maybe he wants someone the public would be interested in to talk instead of the jerks giving him a hard time. I can understand the republicans not going or joining in the activities but these losers who would never be elected should at least shut their mouths unless they can add anything to the conversation. Negative talk isn't adding anything.

Considering all the talk about "would he support the candidate" it seems to me they are a bunch of hypocrites to attack him the way they are unless it has been planned that way so others will vote for him. I can't figure out what is going on with republicans.

I think he is running to be the president of everybody who is a citizen of this country. It irritates me when people start dissecting the voters into groups like they think everybody of some demographic is going to vote alike. I think most of Trump supporters are capable of thinking for themselves. The only group we are interested in are those who want a better America. Nobody supporting him is looking for handouts from anybody. That's the difference between his supporters and the Democrats.

Last edited by NCN; 06-10-2016 at 11:23 PM..

Old 06-10-2016, 11:58 PM

Trump's got a bunch of fun ideas for that week: Trump floats sports-themed convention night - Story

He wants to create a film to showcase his candidacy. Maybe something biographical? A couple of hours of "Trump, the movie"?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:34 PM

No one who posts here is going to the Republican Convention in Cleveland?

Old 06-11-2016, 12:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,322,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
No one who posts here is going to the Republican Convention in Cleveland?
Maybe not, but apparently there are some people planning to go.

"...Making good on a promise to "cause a ruckus" during the Republican National Convention, political activist supergroup Prophets of Rage have booked a July 19 concert date in Cleveland..."

Prophets of Rage book Cleveland show for second night of Republican National Convention | cleveland.com

Donald Trump protesters, supporters to face off at Cleveland convention - Washington Times

Old 06-11-2016, 12:41 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,150,800 times
Quote:
Well, now that Trump has taken over the Republican Convention next month in Cleveland, it sounds like he wants to turn it into "Boys Club." He wants to invite sports figures to speak and not have politicians giving speeches.

Trump already has a woman problem and I know, as a woman, I wouldn't be too excited to listen to a bunch of sports guys talk all night. I could care less about the Ultimate Fighting Championship president. Ditto with Nascar people and football players.

Fun Fact: Donald Trump is the 2013 inductee to the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) Hall of Fame.

A "sport" where everything is admittedly fake. How fitting.

Ya know, this type of event would only fire up his base. No one else cares about the UFC, WWE, NASCAR or even Bobby Knight.

Mick

Old 06-11-2016, 12:44 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,693,046 times
The thing that most outrages me about the convention is the fact that the RNC shot down the idea of everyone bringing their own personal, loaded firearms. I was hoping to set up a free tequila stand next to the stall that sells AR15s and ammo.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The thing that most outrages me about the convention is the fact that the RNC shot down the idea of everyone bringing their own personal, loaded firearms. I was hoping to set up a free tequila stand next to the stall that sells AR15s and ammo.
This is shocking considering how strongly they support the 2nd Amendment. How will people ever protect themselves without their personal firearms? Doesn't the Republican party care about self defense? Everybody knows these are all "good guys with guns."

Old 06-11-2016, 01:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,829,660 times
Quote:

No kidding. I can get that at home or at any sports bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections