Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 02:46 PM

7,688 posts, read 5,558,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Trump should have one of his undercover people set something up where someone in Warren's family is offered $500k or so for taking a DNA test...then have the results somehow leak out.
That would prove nothing. You inherit 50% of your mother's DNA and 50% of your father's DNA. That means you DON'T inherit 50% of your mother's DNA and DON'T inherit 50% of your father's DNA. If you have a sibling who is not an identical twin, they do not inherit the the same DNA mix from each parent as you did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Exactly!^
Eventually I did have a DNA test. I'm 5% Native American --- that's 5% more than Fauxacahontas
And your non-identical sibling could take the same DNA test and no Native American could show up because they did not receive that Native American DNA from you shared parent i.e. it wasn't included in the 50% they did receive.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:59 PM

17,403 posts, read 12,009,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
This is what happens when you're born into wealth and never have to work a day in your life.
I'm pretty sure Trump's worked a LOT harder than Warner in his life.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:59 PM

89,325 posts, read 45,057,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why would you do that if you believed your parents and grandparents? And she didn't switch it, she checked the box for a directory. She was already hired. You know this already.

From your own link:

"I listed myself directory in the hopes that might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon a group something with people who are like I am. Nothing like that every happened. That was absolutely not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off," Warren told reporters in Braintree, Massachusetts.
That's what she "claims."

Harvard has a very different take on it...
Quote:
"Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said Professor of Law Elizabeth Warren is Native American."
Survey: Diversity Lacking At HLS | News | The Harvard Crimson

Quote:
According to a Boston-area genealogist's report, Warren is 1/32nd Cherokee.
Please. Based on what?

Native Americans refuse to accept her as one of their own. A lot of relevant info, here:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...izabeth-warren

Old 06-11-2016, 03:06 PM

89,325 posts, read 45,057,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Genealogy is my hobby. In my experience interacting with amateur genealogists online for several years, most people who become interested in researching their family tree usually do so later in life.
And NO ONE in her family, even older relatives, could ever produce any proof that Warren actually has any Native American ancestry whatsoever?

Old 06-11-2016, 03:09 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,229,483 times
Quote:
Why would you do that if you believed your parents and grandparents? And she didn't switch it, she checked the box for a directory. She was already hired. You know this already.

From your own link:

"I listed myself directory in the hopes that might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon a group something with people who are like I am. Nothing like that every happened. That was absolutely not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off," Warren told reporters in Braintree, Massachusetts.

On Monday, he called for her to "come clean" on the issue.

According to a Boston-area genealogist's report, Warren is 1/32nd Cherokee.

So she is Cherokee, she believed her parents and grandparents and she checked a directory in the hopes she would meet others. A directory. And both universities confirm her heritage had no impacting on her hiring.

Warren explains minority listing, talks of grandfather's "high cheekbones" - CBS News
yeah.. 1/32.. of one cheek bone.. lol..

Old 06-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And NO ONE in her family, even older relatives, could ever produce any proof that Warren actually has any Native American ancestry whatsoever?
I'm not surprised. Such passed down stories of Native American heritage often are discovered to be false as I mentioned in another post where I posted a link to a long thread on the subject in the genealogy forum.

I was attracted to this thread by the genealogy-related posts. I have no opinion about Elizabeth Warren. Actually I don't think I ever heard the name before a couple of months ago.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:26 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,976,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
That would prove nothing. You inherit 50% of your mother's DNA and 50% of your father's DNA. That means you DON'T inherit 50% of your mother's DNA and DON'T inherit 50% of your father's DNA. If you have a sibling who is not an identical twin, they do not inherit the the same DNA mix from each parent as you did.
So you're saying that even if the 1/32 thing wasn't bogus, she could be as little as 0% NA? No wonder she wouldn't take a DNA test.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:05 PM

11,893 posts, read 5,870,976 times
It really bothers me that people keep attacking Trump for any little thing - but give others like Warren, Hillary and Obama passes on their lies and indiscretions. If Trump had said he was part Arab - it would dominate the airwaves and forums until he could actually prove it true.

I was told as a kid - we were French and Irish - now I know the Irish part to be true due to my mom's grandparents and family name - but the French part maybe way, way long ago - but I could not and would not call myself that for scholarships from certain organizations where to apply you had to be of French background. Due to the morals and ethics I was raised with - that would be called dishonest and I was raised better than that.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,334,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
It really bothers me that people keep attacking Trump for any little thing - but give others like Warren, Hillary and Obama passes on their lies and indiscretions. If Trump had said he was part Arab - it would dominate the airwaves and forums until he could actually prove it true.

I was told as a kid - we were French and Irish - now I know the Irish part to be true due to my mom's grandparents and family name - but the French part maybe way, way long ago - but I could not and would not call myself that for scholarships from certain organizations where to apply you had to be of French background. Due to the morals and ethics I was raised with - that would be called dishonest and I was raised better than that.
Just having a name that sounds Irish doesn't make you Irish---names often got changed when immigrating or were acquired by marriage---and not acknowledging French ancestors doesn't make that part of your DNA/heritage go away. If you don't acknowledge your French connection---however far back it goes---you lying by omission. Unless you've had your DNA tested you are on the same ground as Warren...accepting the oral history that your parents and grandparents have told you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections