Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 01:06 PM

89,473 posts, read 45,163,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
EXACTLY. This. People are using measures that didn't even exist and why wouldn't a child believe her parents and grandparents?
Genealogical research existed before Warren switched her race/ethnicity from Caucasian to Native American in 1985.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 01:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,774,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Genealogical research existed before Warren switched her race/ethnicity from Caucasian to Native American in 1985.
Why would you do that if you believed your parents and grandparents? And she didn't switch it, she checked the box for a directory. She was already hired. You know this already.

Quote:
Nope. She "identified" herself as Native American LONG before Harvard Law School hired her:
From your own link:

"I listed myself directory in the hopes that might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon a group something with people who are like I am. Nothing like that every happened. That was absolutely not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off," Warren told reporters in Braintree, Massachusetts.

On Monday, he called for her to "come clean" on the issue.

According to a Boston-area genealogist's report, Warren is 1/32nd Cherokee.

So she is Cherokee, she believed her parents and grandparents and she checked a directory in the hopes she would meet others. A directory. And both universities confirm her heritage had no impacting on her hiring.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warren-e...gh-cheekbones/

Old 06-11-2016, 01:14 PM

7,694 posts, read 5,574,035 times
Quote:
Genealogy is my hobby. In my experience interacting with amateur genealogists online for several years, most people who become interested in researching their family tree usually do so later in life.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:15 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,991,657 times
Quote:
Fox News making fun of a daughter believing the stories of her parents and grandparents? Genius.
"parents and grandparents" - makes it sound like there are two witnesses that knew the long gone ancestor. If we're talking about a g-g-g-grandmother possibly being part NA than one generation could've been mistaken about something and it could spread like wildfire through later generations. Heck, I bet most people know absolutely nothing about their g-g-g-grandmother - and some have stories that are false or half truths. Has anyone seen the DNA commercials where people say something like "I thought I was Italian, but it turns out I'm Eastern European".

What's also odd is that Warren wasn't listed as NA at GWU for undergrad or Rutgers for law school. So essentially, she passed as a white woman for ~23 years, claimed to be a white woman and AT BEST was maybe 1/32 NA. How many self respecting people would live as one race into adulthood and then suddenly change their race? That would be like a 40 yr old, pale skin, red haired white guy finding out that his great, great, great, grandmother was black so he suddenly starts identifying as a black man.

So why did a woman in her 30s suddenly decide to check a box that officially made her a minority? Why would the same woman accept something like "minority recipient of a teaching award"?

Interestingly, the Association of American Law Schools (govern entrance/advancement in law profession) requires registrants to fill out a questionnaire that includes info on ethnicity - why wont Warren release that archived questionnaire for the public to see?

Why did Warren self report as NA in the staff directory "in hopes of meeting people like her" yet there's no evidence of her ever joining any NA organization or interacting with the NA comunity during her time as a student and teacher?

How could a woman that was white for much of her life not know about the Fordham Law Review piece that praised her for being Harvard Law's "first woman of color"? Really, she looks nothing like a woman of color.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...sy-in-new-book

Why did Warren list herself as white on an employment document in 1981?

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 06-11-2016 at 01:26 PM..

Old 06-11-2016, 01:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,774,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
"parents and grandparents" - makes it sound like there are two witnesses that knew the long gone ancestor. If we're talking about a g-g-g-grandmother possibly being part NA than one generation could've been mistaken about something and it could spread like wildfire through later generations. Heck, I bet most people know absolutely nothing about their g-g-g-grandmother - and some have stories that are false or half truths. Has anyone seen the DNA commercials where people say something like "I thought I was Italian, but it turns out I'm Eastern European".

What's also odd is that Warren wasn't listed as NA at GWU for undergrad or Rutgers for law school. So essentially, she passed as a white woman for ~23 years, claimed to be a white woman and AT BEST was maybe 1/32 NA.

So why did a woman in her 30s suddenly decide to check a box that officially made her a minority? Why would the same woman accept something like "minority recipient of a teaching award"?

Interestingly, the Association of American Law Schools (govern entrance/advancement in law profession) requires registrants to fill out a questionnaire that includes info on ethnicity - why wont Warren release that archived questionnaire for the public to see?

Why did Warren self report as NA in the staff directory "in hopes of meeting people like her" yet there's no evidence of her ever joining any NA organization or interacting with the NA comunity during her time as a student and teacher?

How could a woman that was white for much of her life not know about the Fordham Law Review piece that praised her for being Harvard Law's "first woman of color"? Really, she looks nothing like a woman of color.
She checked a box in a directory looking for others of similar heritage to what she was told as a child. And genealogists have calculated it was 1/32nd Native American.

Your post proves the point, people believe what they are told until DNA tests showed them otherwise. Her own brothers and other family members confirm the same thing. She contributed to a cookbook 30 years ago. And:

There is no evidence that Warren was aware of the article- or that she necessarily ever read it.

Article Cites Elizabeth Warren As First Woman of Color Hired by Harvard Law School - ABC News

Both universities have confirmed that heritage had nothing to do with her hire so what did she gain?

Old 06-11-2016, 01:33 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,996,749 times
What a ridiculous non-story that native American heritage is. The middle class is collapsing, tens of millions of people will go bankrupt if they get cancer, people are hauled off to for-profit prisons that lobby politicians, tens of millions of people live in poverty, the billionaire class buy politicians through legalized corruption, Americans have the shortest vacations of any developed country, no paid family and medical leave for 99% of the workforce and child care costs and higher education costs are through the roof. These are SCANDALS!

Perhaps these are the issues people should address? Because we know the corporate media dont want to touch it.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:45 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,991,657 times
Quote:
She checked a box in a directory looking for others of similar heritage to what she was told as a child. And genealogists have calculated it was 1/32nd Native American.
Hasn't the claims of the genealogist been debunked?

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/05...herokee-claim/
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...allenge-113019
Her Heritage Claims Utterly Disproven, Elizabeth Warren Doubles Down - Breitbart

Quote:
Your post proves the point, people believe what they are told until DNA tests showed them otherwise. Her own brothers and other family members confirm the same thing. She contributed to a cookbook 30 years ago. And:
Her bothers (if truthful) prove nothing more than they were told the same stuff. Not surprising. Contributing to a cookbook also means nothing. I'm sure more than a few people have dabbled in Native American cooking in Oklahoma.

Quote:
There is no evidence that Warren was aware of the article- or that she necessarily ever read it.
And I'm sure you understand why that may alert one's BS meter?

Quote:
It’s important to note that entrance and advancement in the law school profession is governed by the Association of American Law Schools, which requires registrants interested in teaching at law schools to fill out a questionnaire detailing their education, experience, bar passage and, yes, ethnicity. This information is then disseminated to law schools around the country that, as Warren surely knew, are always on the lookout to add to the diversity of their faculty.

A copy of Warren's questionnaire currently resides in the Association of American Law Schools archives at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. However, only Warren herself has the authority to release the complete copy of her questionnaire and to date, she has refused to do so.
Why not release the questionnaire?

Quote:
Her opposition to such transparency can perhaps be understood in the documented fact that in the years thereafter, starting in 1986, Warren began self-reporting herself as a "minority professor" in the Association of American Law Schools staff directory that lists all law school professors around the country. As the former association chairman told the Boston Herald, the directory once served a tip sheet for law school administrators, in the pre-Internet days, who were looking to identify and recruit minority professors.
Hmm...

Quote:
Both universities have confirmed that heritage had nothing to do with her hire so what did she gain?
Who cares - it's about intent. And frankly, what person in their right mind changes their race at 30+?

What race does she claim today?

Old 06-11-2016, 01:46 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,118,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
What a ridiculous non-story that native American heritage is. The middle class is collapsing, tens of millions of people will go bankrupt if they get cancer, people are hauled off to for-profit prisons that lobby politicians, tens of millions of people live in poverty, the billionaire class buy politicians through legalized corruption, Americans have the shortest vacations of any developed country, no paid family and medical leave for 99% of the workforce and child care costs and higher education costs are through the roof. These are SCANDALS!

Perhaps these are the issues people should address? Because we know the corporate media dont want to touch it.
Trump and supporters plan to solve all of those problems using the Tomahawk Chop.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:08 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,717,363 times
Quote:
And Trump is half German, what should we call him? I have some ideas.

Well, at the very least, with his attitude, he could be called a sour Kraut.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:16 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,717,363 times
Whaddaya say trump takes this to court and compels warren to take a DNA test? Just to satisfy him and his followers. And, gawd forbid any of them ever said or did anything that someone else might take umbrage with, because someday, somehow, someone will be able to use it against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections