Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,347,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
^ Sounds like a story about Native American history...very little confirmation about Warren's ancestry. Why doesn't she take a DNA test and end all speculation?

Like I said, if Warren can claim NA, anyone can claim any race. Might as well throw race into the sex pile - pick what you want to be.
This must be the new version of seeing a birth certificate. If she produced a DNA test (like Obama did with his long form BC) then you all would start questioning its authenticity. Why bother? Meanwhile you've yet to show what Senator Warren actually gained by believing family folklore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 AM

39,498 posts, read 27,851,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Then you didn't read the article. 30 years ago DNA tests were not so easy to do and certainly not something you did because you questioned your parents and grandparents.

What did she gain? That hate piece cites Breitbart and barely admits that the universities themselves say her heritage had no influence in her hiring. So she checks a box on some documents where the box exists but it has no factor and gains her nothing. You have no problem with her being proud of her heritage, then attack her even though your own lame article says she gained nothing from it.

Her $300,000 a year Harvard salary, her former position in the Obama administration, her victory in the Massachusetts Democratic senate primary race–all of these things were obtained on the basis of a lie Warren told others about herself

The universities have said her heritage had no factor in her hiring. Ask President Obama if he hired her because of her heritage. Ask the voters of Massachusetts if they voted for her because of her heritage. What you are saying is completely made up. What did she gain?
Why do you keep on asking "what did she gain"

Why can't you ask the simple question

why did she change her status from white to minority?

can you trust a person like that? I guess you can. I cannot.

So agree to disagree. I don't have a problem with her minority status, it is really none of my business. But I do have a problem if she changed her "white" status to 'minority" status. To me, that is lack of consistency. To me, that is red flag. If she wanted to be somebody's vp choice, well, another red flag.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:27 AM

50,526 posts, read 64,490,991 times
I wish Trump would tone it down a little, but honestly, I like it when he makes fun of liberal women, because I don't like them either.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:28 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,347,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Why do you keep on asking "what did she gain"

Why can't you ask the simple question

why did she change her status from white to minority?

can you trust a person like that? I guess you can. I cannot.

So agree to disagree.
Have you shown any proof that she actually did that? I want to see the actual documents complete with the dates and signatures.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Have you shown any proof that she actually did that? I want to see the actual documents complete with the dates and signatures.
“At some point after I was hired by them, I . . . provided that information to the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard,’’ she said in a statement issued by her campaign. “My Native American heritage is part of who I am, I’m proud of it and I have been open about it.’’

Warren’s statement is her first acknowledgment that she identified herself as Native American to the Ivy League schools. While she has said she identified herself as a minority in a legal directory, she has carefully avoided any suggestion during the last month that she took further actions to promote her purported heritage.

When the issue first surfaced last month, Warren said she only learned Harvard was claiming her as a minority when she read it in the Boston Herald.

Elizabeth Warren: Trapped in Web of Lies - The College Fix

You can come up with a conclusion yourself. lol

7,185 posts, read 3,721,394 times
Quote:
What is she exactly?

Blond haired, blue-eyed Elizabeth Warren, who listed herself as “white†when she taught at the university of Texas in the eighties, suddenly launched herself into a lucrative and prestigious career in the Ivy League after she began claiming minority status. Her $300,000 a year Harvard salary, her former position in the Obama administration, her victory in the Massachusetts Democratic senate primary race–all of these things were obtained on the basis of a lie Warren told others about herself. For now, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, she refuses to admit the facts about her false claims to minority status.

You see? You kept on missing the point and defend the indefensible. You can be very proud of your heritage, there is nothing wrong with it. Matter of fact, that is a very admirable quality. You can even claim that you have American indian blood in you. (really nobody else's business)

But how can you defend a person who changed her status from "white" to "minority"? What is her purpose of doing it? The lack of a consistency is cringeworthy. How can you trust any of these politicians? Makes me believe, she only cares about one thing, herself.
OH, gee... what is the name of that famous singer, who was considered white until she decided she preferred to be black? Perhaps, people can decide to be proud of something they either didn't really think a lot about when younger. Some people can choose to belittle and hold them in disdain because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Then, there is the illogical pairing of warren's 'claiming minority status' and her subsequent success in her field of endeavor. Like, it would never have happened if she hadn't said something about her ethnic heritage. She owes all her success to that little detail, not to her grit and determination to succeed. Sure, go ahead, think that.

21,992 posts, read 15,790,092 times
Quote:
It looks like she knew she was a minority at very young age. She shouldn't have called herself white then.

Check the box mixed, or minority or other. problem solved.

either she is lying, or she is transracial. lol

The point is not if she really has american indian blood in her. If she does, she does. Not a problem, not an issue.

The point is that there is the inconsistency of her heritage. Makes you wonder, can you really trust politicians like that?
Since when is anyone all of anything anymore??? Are you seriously saying she has to be all of anything because I don't know anyone that is. There is no inconsistency in her heritage, she and her brothers were raised being told by her parents and grandparents of the Native American heritage, not that they were Native American but that they had small amounts of Delaware and Cherokee. I'm amazed that people are so worshipful of Trump that they will ignore all that he is and bow to his attacks when numerous sources confirm that Elizabeth Warren gained nothing and various members of her family have come out and explained the stories they were told as children. And again, the universities confirmed her heritage had no factor in her hiring.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Since when is anyone all of anything anymore??? Are you seriously saying she has to be all of anything because I don't know anyone that is. There is no inconsistency in her heritage, she and her brothers were raised being told by her parents and grandparents of the Native American heritage, not that they were Native American but that they had small amounts of Delaware and Cherokee. I'm amazed that people are so worshipful of Trump that they will ignore all that he is and bow to his attacks when numerous sources confirm that Elizabeth Warren gained nothing and various members of her family have come out and explained the stories they were told as children. And again, the universities confirmed her heritage had no factor in her hiring.
well, I don't worship Trump, I have made myself very clear.

I think trump is an idiot for stooping down to tweeter war. He sounds and acts like a 12 year old

But Elizabeth warren is indefensible in my opinion. I don't trust her. That is all. That is my opinion.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:34 AM

12,547 posts, read 10,004,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This must be the new version of seeing a birth certificate. If she produced a DNA test (like Obama did with his long form BC) then you all would start questioning its authenticity. Why bother? Meanwhile you've yet to show what Senator Warren actually gained by believing family folklore.
Who is "you all"? A simple DNA test which millions of people do isn't really asking her to move mountains. She could've put the issue to bed long ago. Or heck, one of her siblings could have the test done. Now that I think about it, someone should offer one of them a large sum of money to do the test.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:37 AM

21,992 posts, read 15,790,092 times
Quote:
“At some point after I was hired by them, I . . . provided that information to the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard,’’ she said in a statement issued by her campaign. “My Native American heritage is part of who I am, I’m proud of it and I have been open about it.’’

Warren’s statement is her first acknowledgment that she identified herself as Native American to the Ivy League schools. While she has said she identified herself as a minority in a legal directory, she has carefully avoided any suggestion during the last month that she took further actions to promote her purported heritage.

When the issue first surfaced last month, Warren said she only learned Harvard was claiming her as a minority when she read it in the Boston Herald.

You can come up with a conclusion yourself. lol
So she is hired, her heritage has no factor in her hiring, she puts down that she has Native American heritage, she contributes to a cookbook 30 years ago. The universities say her heritage had no factor in her hiring. What conclusion is there to come up with? She share what her parents told her, it gains her nothing. So what is the issue here? She didn't change anything. That hate article you've posted twice now also states Harvard says her heritage was not a factor in her hiring. What did she gain?

She didn't promote her heritage, she may have checked a box based on what her parents told her. That is absolutely nothing. But it takes that little for you to hate her. Trump can refuse to pay hundreds of small business contractors, bury them with lawyers, not pay the lawyers, it's all documented but that's okay. Elizabeth Warren checks a box based on what her parents and grandparents tell her, gain nothing from it, and suddenly she's a bad person? Just unbelievable the depths people will go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections