Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 06:00 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,963,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's very funny that the Republicans now have a candidate that can't be trusted to speak without a teleprompter after he and so many posters here have made fun of democrats who have used them. It's very funny that his so-called "refreshing" rhetoric has finally caused his own party to try to rein him AND that he's kowtowing to them which proves how easily he can be intimidated outside of the business world where money can't buy him happiness. If he can't even stand up to people in his own party and "be himself"---the self that got him this far---how is is going to stand up to world leaders? He's really a weak man (and I use the term 'man' lightly). We admonish school children from name calling and bullying but he started out doing it on the very first night that he threw his hat in the ring.
Really, attacks on using a teleprompter? Are Hillary and Obama held to the same standard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Listening to Trump it seems all he does is call people he doesnt like juvenile names,Have we descended to such a level that this is an acceptable behavior for our President?
The guy is nothing but a loud mouth blowhard that puts forth nothing of substance regarding Americas future other than the vacuous argument that he will make America great again, Excuse me Don but IMO America was never not great.
You just called out Trump for juvenile names while at the same time calling him a loud moth blowhard.

Sounds like a 2nd grader whining about being called a poo-poo head.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Really, attacks on using a teleprompter? Are Hillary and Obama held to the same standard?
What goes around, comes around. Haters have been attacking Obama for using a teleprompter for nearly nine years. And as recently as a week ago Trump was attacking/making fun of Hillary over using one. There is true irony in that and if you can't see the humor in this little tit-for-tat, I'm sorry. "My name is Montego. Prepare to die." Trump will get taken down by a teleprompter, now, whether he uses one or not. He'll be as bland as milk toast with it which won't please his groupies and without it he's continue to insult major groups of people. He doesn't seem to understand, for example, that every time he uses the term 'Pocahonta' as an insult he's insulting more than just Warren.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:13 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,076,848 times
No different than those on the left who refer to Mr Trump as 'Drumfp'. It is political sarcasm. The Pocahontas, more aptly Fauxcahontas sarcastically refers to Warren's claim of Indian, err Native American ancestry; where non-exists. Hey, it worked for affirmative action purposes though.

How on earth can one not understand political sarcasm in this contest? Nothing to do with maturity, from either side.

edit: Might want to check out alfieboy's - a Hiller if ever there was one - thread title. Talk about goofy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
How on earth can anyone expect people to take him seriously as a presidential candidate when he uses words like "goofy"?

Can you see him telling Israel that their wall around the Palestinians is "goofy"? Well, no, actually, he would probably be asking them for the contact info on the engineer who built it, as he really loves walls. If elected, he will immediately travel to China to visit their wall, and pick up a couple of extra ties from his overseas production.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
What goes around, comes around. Haters have been attacking Obama for using a teleprompter for nearly nine years. And as recently as a week ago Trump was attacking/making fun of Hillary over using one. There is true irony in that and if you can't see the humor in this little tit-for-tat, I'm sorry. "My name is Montego. Prepare to die." Trump will get taken down by a teleprompter, now, whether he uses one or not. He'll be as bland as milk toast with it which won't please his groupies and without it he's continue to insult major groups of people. He doesn't seem to understand, for example, that every time he uses the term 'Pocahonta' as an insult he's insulting more than just Warren.
So essentially you don't care about teleprompters...you're just attacking Trump because others attacked Obama and Hillary for using teleprompters? Dat maturity.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:34 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,279 times
Quote:
So essentially you don't care about teleprompters...you're just attacking Trump because others attacked Obama and Hillary for using teleprompters? Dat maturity.
Oh, I'm dead serious about pointing out one of Trump's many lies. (He should never be allowed near the nuclear codes with his personality disorder.) I'm just having fun while doing it.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Oh, I'm dead serious about pointing out one of Trump's many lies. (He should never be allowed near the nuclear codes with his personality disorder.) I'm just having fun while doing it.
“I’ve started to use them a little bit,” he said during his May address to the National Rifle Association. “They’re not bad. You never get yourself in trouble when you use a teleprompter. You know the problem is, it’s too easy. We have a president who uses teleprompters, it’s too easy. We should have non-teleprompter speeches only when you’re running for president, you find out about people. The other way you don’t find out about anybody."

Trump and the teleprompter: A brief history - POLITICO

Did you lie? Since we're throwing out "should nevers" - should never be allowed to post on politics.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,385,077 times
[quote]
Quote:
You just called out Trump for juvenile names while at the same time calling him a loud moth blowhard.
Difference is my description that he is a loud mouth blow hard is accurate , his description of Elizabeth Warren as Pocahontas isnt..

Old 06-11-2016, 07:16 AM

[quote=jambo101;44375113]
Quote:
Difference is he is a loud mouth blow hard , Elizabeth Warren isnt Pocahontas.
And you are?

Old 06-11-2016, 07:30 AM

24,035 posts, read 15,140,782 times
Speaking of respect, why don't you guys go read up on Pocahontas and that other lying SOB John Smith?

No, not the Disney version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections