Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 04:45 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,986,986 times

Advertisements

I don't like trump.
However, I can not and will NOT vote for hillary. Not ever, not for ANY position, not even for a skin diver at the waste treatment plant!
Yeah, I know, that is a fake position, and wouldn't be an elective position if it did exist, but still...
As for sending obama and his family to England, oh, hell yes! Take him! NOW!
We'll take Cameron. He can get a job watching the wolves in Yellowstone National Park, and keeping the tourists from doing stupid things.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:47 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,539,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I don't like trump.
However, I can not and will NOT vote for hillary. Not ever, not for ANY position, not even for a skin diver at the waste treatment plant!
Yeah, I know, that is a fake position, and wouldn't be an elective position if it did exist, but still...
As for sending obama and his family to England, oh, hell yes! Take him! NOW!
We'll take Cameron. He can get a job watching the wolves in Yellowstone National Park, and keeping the tourists from doing stupid things.
Well at learn he can actually contribute to society in Yellowstone park

Old 06-11-2016, 04:49 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You could have David Cameron if you like?.

I'd pay for his first class ticket one way myself

No trades, all sales final!

Old 06-11-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No trades, all sales final!
Nope not true......

YS park is awaiting him!!

Shame I didn't join this forum when tony Blair was in charge........ He would have been playing with the grizzlies now!!! LOL

Old 06-11-2016, 05:03 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
These guys in both parties are bought and paid for long long before they even change the drapes in the white house. The nature of lobbyism ensure this.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:31 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default Trump

The Current choices we have Trump. Its all about the Economy and a strong economy and real industry we would not have half the problems we face as a country.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:36 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,958,441 times
It could come down to Hillary vs Brock Turner and I'd pull the lever for the Rapist (no, not Bill).

Old 06-11-2016, 05:44 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,186,083 times
Team Neither.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I would love it if someone could explain ( without starting a cyber punch up lol ) the pros and cons of the main candidates to a daft Brit please?.

I ask this mainly because if seen on here that quite a few Americans are GENUINELY thinking of abandoning ship ( leaving USA ) if so and so gets in power etc. And I've infact had 2 members DM me asking what London is like.

Thank you for your time
No matter how anyone responds it will start a cyber punch up.

But let me try:

Trump:
Pros: He is anti-illegal immigrant, he has business experience, and he is viewed as a outsider among a political class that has repeatedly failed to do what they say they would for those who elected them. He has ZERO filter, and just says stuff. He has made it clear that the Chinese abusing us in trade and economics will stop. Many believe him when he says he will make America great again.

Cons: He is not viewed as a stable force, and by taking on those who have been abusing the economic relationships with our country he will most likely start a trade war. He is often accused of being racist, and his attitude that paints all the Muslims as the same seems short sighted at best. Hes a con man in some ways, using perfectly legal methods to cheat others. He has done whats legal, and not whats right. The Trump university stuff may get him sued, but really what they did was pretty low.

Hillary:
Pros: Well a pro and a con...she will be more of the same. She has a record for bipartisanship as a senator, and extensive experience as secretary of state. She knows how to play the game. She is well known among our allies. Basically...no one has high expectations of her, but most believe she won't nuke someone, or crash the economy in some spectacular way.

Cons: Her past behavior also includes such wonderful things as a faux charity that simply allowed people to buy influence from her. She won't change anything that matters, and many view the growing inequality and super rich class as a serious problem, that she will not in any way address.

I know many here will bring up other things, or try and defend their candidate, so I am not claiming to be 100% correct, but this is what I see.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No matter how anyone responds it will start a cyber punch up.

But let me try:

Trump:
Pros: He is anti-illegal immigrant, he has business experience, and he is viewed as a outsider among a political class that has repeatedly failed to do what they say they would for those who elected them. He has ZERO filter, and just says stuff. He has made it clear that the Chinese abusing us in trade and economics will stop. Many believe him when he says he will make America great again.

Cons: He is not viewed as a stable force, and by taking on those who have been abusing the economic relationships with our country he will most likely start a trade war. He is often accused of being racist, and his attitude that paints all the Muslims as the same seems short sighted at best. Hes a con man in some ways, using perfectly legal methods to cheat others. He has done whats legal, and not whats right. The Trump university stuff may get him sued, but really what they did was pretty low.

Hillary:
Pros: Well a pro and a con...she will be more of the same. She has a record for bipartisanship as a senator, and extensive experience as secretary of state. She knows how to play the game. She is well known among our allies. Basically...no one has high expectations of her, but most believe she won't nuke someone, or crash the economy in some spectacular way.

Cons: Her past behavior also includes such wonderful things as a faux charity that simply allowed people to buy influence from her. She won't change anything that matters, and many view the growing inequality and super rich class as a serious problem, that she will not in any way address.

I know many here will bring up other things, or try and defend their candidate, so I am not claiming to be 100% correct, but this is what I see.
I don't think I could have asked for a more detailed answer

Thank you for taking the time to write that mate that's very kind of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections