Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 05:56 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No matter how anyone responds it will start a cyber punch up.

But let me try:

Trump:
Pros: He is anti-illegal immigrant, he has business experience, and he is viewed as a outsider among a political class that has repeatedly failed to do what they say they would for those who elected them. He has ZERO filter, and just says stuff. He has made it clear that the Chinese abusing us in trade and economics will stop. Many believe him when he says he will make America great again.

Cons: He is not viewed as a stable force, and by taking on those who have been abusing the economic relationships with our country he will most likely start a trade war. He is often accused of being racist, and his attitude that paints all the Muslims as the same seems short sighted at best. Hes a con man in some ways, using perfectly legal methods to cheat others. He has done whats legal, and not whats right. The Trump university stuff may get him sued, but really what they did was pretty low.

Hillary:
Pros: Well a pro and a con...she will be more of the same. She has a record for bipartisanship as a senator, and extensive experience as secretary of state. She knows how to play the game. She is well known among our allies. Basically...no one has high expectations of her, but most believe she won't nuke someone, or crash the economy in some spectacular way.

Cons: Her past behavior also includes such wonderful things as a faux charity that simply allowed people to buy influence from her. She won't change anything that matters, and many view the growing inequality and super rich class as a serious problem, that she will not in any way address.

I know many here will bring up other things, or try and defend their candidate, so I am not claiming to be 100% correct, but this is what I see.

This seems like a fair assessment, not comprehensive, but that's ok.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:53 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times
I'm voting for the best candidate, Gary Johnson. He's up to 12% in the latest polls. Increasingly R's and D's are against freedom for anyone who isn't just like them and it's frightening. R's want a theocracy were birth control is banned and the govt stops protecting the environment / labor laws / education. D's want over the top political correctness where anyone who doesn't agree is a demon. And why force everyone to except gay marriage and gender neutral bathrooms. People have been fired from govt jobs just for posting on Facebook that they disagree with gay marriage and that is not freedom.

I'm increasingly unhappy with the Democrats but Trump is not a better option. He's needlessly dividing us by race, immigration status, and gender. I'm for doing a better job with the border but demeaning all Hispanic people is wrong and counterproductive. A total ban on travel from Muslim majority countries is also over the top, what about minority groups like ex Muslims / Bahais / etc that need to flee or die? Muslims do have different challenges in integrating but not all of them are terrorist, many are good citizens. I'm not a huge GWB fan but after 9/11 he didn't demonize all Muslims. I expect the president of the world's most powerful country to speak with class and respect, I'll pass on a shock jock. If Trump was elected such talk could put the world at risk.

The reason I've voted Democrat for 13 years is because the GOP really pushed for and defended the Iraq War, but Hillary was a Democrat that voted for it. She knew it was wrong but was afraid it would be a success and wanted to be a part of it. We destroyed that country and people are still dying, Iraqi civilians and our Iraq veterans with PTSD. As Secretary of State she masterminded the Arab Spring which is making the Middle East even more unstable. I agree Benghazi and the emails are overblown.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Oh wow. So you're voting Trump because you're against equal rights for women? And you're surprised that you're not doing better on PoF

Anyway, don't vote for somebody because he's a "man" or she's a "woman" - look at their policies and decide whether you like them, regardless of gender, colour of skin, religion etc.
The problem is a agree with a lot of what Trump says (not necessarily how plans on doing what he says), but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

The same goes for Hillary. This nation has accepted the status quo of our phony politics for decades now. So yes at this point I don't believe a word either one of them says.

I'll go with Trump so he can usher in the apocalypse

Old 06-12-2016, 05:23 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,102 times
Team Gary should be a choice!

Old 06-12-2016, 05:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
I will take Trump any day over that lying itch, VIDEO my azz!

She has never been able to accept being held accountable because she thinks she is beyond touchable.

How she treated the families of those who died in Benghazi, was unheard of and she lied to their faces, I won't forget that, because I put myself as a parent in their shoes.

And she claims to care about women my azz, she tried to shut the women up, who Billy Boy, played with. She intimidated each one of them and I have no respect for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections