Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:43 AM

89,653 posts, read 45,265,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm gay. I will vote for Hillary. Every single gay person I know will vote for Hillary. Every single gay person I know tells me every single gay person they know will vote for Hillary.
I'm not seeing the logic in that... Why would LGBTs and their family and friends support Hillary? She (Clinton Foundation) accepts tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars from countries in which the penalty for being LGBT is death. Is that really the direction in which you wish the US to move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 08:46 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,170,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Trump fan response summarized:

1. "Community Marketing & Insights", whatever that is, must be part of the librul mainstream media. As such, its findings are invalid. . . . . until its polls show Mr. Trump to prevail in something, anything.

2. 563 respondents? We all know polls are not valid unless all 330 million people in the US are included . . . . . gee, I don't even know one person who was polled and therefore it is inexplicably invalid.

3. Goddamn ungrateful stupid gays, I hope they get massacred by Muslims for not supporting Mr. Trump.

4. Meh, gays comprise only 5% of the people who actually vote, according to the linked article. That's nothing . . . . unless, that is, nearly all of them support Clinton. The difference in popular votes between Romney and Obama was just 3.9%.

5. Cry themselves to sleep while hugging a rather large sweaty biker named Bear.

6. All of the above.

Mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Community Marketing, & Insights did the study.

It's an Agenda Poll.
#1, checked.

Mick

Old 06-17-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There are no more recent polls, but if you really think that LGBTQ Americans will vote for a hysterical bigot who DOES NOT support gay marriage today over someone who was late to the party but at least showed up, then you've lost your mind.
Oh, but by ALL means, vote for the candidate (Hillary: Clinton Foundation) that takes tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars from countries in which the penalty for being LGBT is DEATH.

Basically, you're saying you'd prefer the candidate who supports DEATH for LGBTs over the candidate who might not "support" gay marriage.

Critical thinking skills, people. They're rather important.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You are discounting the millions of people who have a gay person in their family or among their friends. I'm not gay but I have one family member and several friends who are. And one of my friends has a gay daughter. Then there are millions of people who personally don't know any gay people (that they're aware of anyway) but believe in gay rights because they believe in human rights.

See how quickly that can cascade well beyond the 3.5%?
Why vote for the candidate (Hillary) who takes money from countries in which the penalty for being LGBT is death?

I really would like ANY of you to answer that.

And more seriously, why HASN'T the LGBT community criticized Hillary over that?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:51 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,793,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
#1, checked.

Mick
Dear. You post that for every poll that supports your narrative and avoid it when it doesn't. Strawman arguments are your modus operandi.

Doesn't change what was said.

It's an Agenda Poll.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:51 AM

7,458 posts, read 7,065,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Not a misprint. 2%

When asked which Republican is most supportive of LGBT rights, 73 percent said none

Can anybody actually be surprised about this?? Really? Seriously?

Clinton Beats Sanders in Survey of LGBT Voters; Trump Is Top Republican With 2% - Towleroad
So he might only get 2% of the percent of the 4% of the population that would actually vote?

He's doomed.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:53 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,065,316 times
Quote:
Dear. You post that for every poll that supports your narrative and avoid it when it doesn't. Strawman arguments are your modus operandi.

It's an Agenda Poll.
Have you found that source of significant numbers of gays moving from D to R yet?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:58 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,170,692 times
Quote:

It's an Agenda Poll.
Oh, Dear (Leader), that's not the correct usage of "strawman argument." Maybe that was the "words of the day", but let's use the phrase correctly. Tomorrow, maybe we can try "bigly" . . . . . Mr. Trump loves that "word".

Mick

Old 06-17-2016, 08:59 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,924,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Oh, but by ALL means, vote for the candidate (Hillary: Clinton Foundation) that takes tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars from countries in which the penalty for being LGBT is DEATH.

Basically, you're saying you'd prefer the candidate who supports DEATH for LGBTs over the candidate who might not "support" gay marriage.

Critical thinking skills, people. They're rather important.
Trump literally lives with the Saud family in Trump tower, I mean he actually lives with the people killing the gays. He's living with murders! Let's all vote for the man who rents to a family who murders gays! He's the obvious choice of support.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:00 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,924,959 times
Quote:

It's an Agenda Poll.
When you talk about yourself in the third person it comes off as strange. Just FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections