Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:46 AM

15,906 posts, read 21,550,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's exactly my point. The Saudis GOT something for the money paid to Trump.

What are the DEATH penalty for LGBTs countries getting in return for the money they're giving to Hillary?
Trump chose to allow Saudi companies to invest in and work with his corporations, all while claiming the Saudi's caused 9/11 and, as you point out, knowing how Saudis treat women and the LGBTQ community. Trump got something out of that, too.

How can you blame Clinton but absolve Trump? Rational people blame both.

And, given that both have **** poor records on that front, we have to go by their policies today. Trump does not support gay marriage. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 09:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,001,894 times
Quote:
That's exactly my point. The Saudis GOT something for the money paid to Trump.

What are the DEATH penalty for LGBTs countries getting in return for the money they're giving to Hillary?
Nothing -- which is an admission that Hillary is not "bought by donations" to the Clinton Foundation.

This is the most pretzel logic argument I have read in a long time. You seem to be arguing that Clinton is dishonest because no favors were performed for the donations that the Saudis gave. "Gee, I thought I was giving a bribe and the politician did nothing for me, what a thief."

Old 06-17-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I think a lot of us have "evolved" on this issue. I used to be against gay marriage because I thought civil unions would be the equivalent -- but it turned out, it was not. So, okay, I guess we'll have gay marriage. Everybody should have the same rights.

This is an issue that I have no problem understanding how people's opinions have changed over time.

What I can't square is how Trump is going to convince the Republican party that they are okay with gay marriage and the LGBT community when they are always trying to pass these "religious freedom" bills.
I also tend to think that how people present themselves in politics is different than what they personally felt. I have no doubt that Obama and Clinton supported LGBTQ rights privately long before they decided it was politically prudent to be public about it. They're educated and around many ***** people professionally and academically. I also have no doubt that privately, Trump supports gay marriage today, but finds it politically prudent to appeal to the lowest common denominator and openly support eradicating gay marriage with civil unions as an inferior replacement.

Both are crappy moves.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:52 AM

89,652 posts, read 45,265,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Trump chose to allow Saudi companies to invest in and work with his corporations, all while claiming the Saudi's caused 9/11 and, as you point out, knowing how Saudis treat women and the LGBTQ community. Trump got something out of that, too.
Like what? As you've already admitted, the Saudis invested in (meaning they own an equity stake) and work with his corporations on developing properties.

What are the DEATH penalty for LGBTs countries getting in return for the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars they're giving to Hillary?

It's a serious question EVERY LGBT, their family, and friends should be asking, but they don't.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:54 AM

89,652 posts, read 45,265,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Nothing -- which is an admission that Hillary is not "bought by donations" to the Clinton Foundation.
Nothing? Seriously? Then why didn't they just give Trump tens or hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing?

What are the DEATH penalty for LGBTs countries getting in return for the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars they're giving to Hillary?

It's a serious question EVERY LGBT, their family, and friends should be asking, but they don't.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:58 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,272,708 times
Both parties are dirty. That is why Trump and Sanders did so well.

The Clinton and Bush machine is for globalism and the hell with the people, Jobs ..just put them on welfare.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Like what? As you've already admitted, the Saudis invested in (meaning they own an equity stake) and work with his corporations on developing properties.

Political clout. Sort of like Trumps donors.. ahem.. I mean "investors" are banking on clout when they back failing Trump endeavors.

The Clinton Foundation should have rejected the Saudi donations. Trump should have rejected Saudi investment. Same difference.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:07 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
Not a misprint. 2%

When asked which Republican is most supportive of LGBT rights, 73 percent said none

Can anybody actually be surprised about this?? Really? Seriously?

Clinton Beats Sanders in Survey of LGBT Voters; Trump Is Top Republican With 2% - Towleroad
let's look at it this way: it is certainly no secret that most homosexuals are going to vote Democrat. It is also obvious that a poll when only a few over 500 responders does not represent the group and it goes without saying that some posters here are so anti Trump they will spend hours finding articles to take him apart, just like the 1/2 dozen here who are so obsessed with him they will spend hours finding pro Trump polls and articles. I am wondering if there are any objective posters left?

BTW: calling him drumpf sounds like a post by a 2nd grader, that when no one else finds it funny they laugh at themselves.

Last edited by nmnita; 06-17-2016 at 10:17 AM..

Old 06-17-2016, 10:09 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,913,446 times
IMO the percentage is way higher as on my Facebook I have some gay people who are in favor of Trump as well as a gay Hispanic who came on TV last week with a broken nose after a Trump rally and being used as a box ball by Bernie and Hillary "fans".

That particular guy mentioned that openly admitting to be in favor of Trump was way higher than coming out of the closet!

The silent Majority is bigger than many think it is...just wait until November until we know for sure.

Hopefully for Hilliary, Bernie and actually all of us there will no other muslim extremist terrorist attack but I won't hold my breath!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:13 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Going to be a rough 4 months for Donnie supporters like myself. Am I the only one that likes Trump? He is getting smoked in every poll.
Heavens you are certainly not the only one: just consider a few who post on here all the time that are not even objective enough to see what you are saying: try and watch FOX? You have Judge Jeanine, Erica, and Hannity for starters. They would all kiss his feet if they could. Yes, it does appear he is hurting right now, but remember a year ago. I do have to say, I don't think we are going to see him moving forward in the next 5 months, like the past 12, but it isn't over til its over. And lets hope win or lose the GOP can hold onto the house and maybe even the senate. A lot depends on the next 5 months and how the conventions are handled I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections