Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 06:11 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The guy who lied to voters to try and get their votes by telling them that tuition and health care should be free? Yeah that seems totally honest from a clown that was a career politician for 40 years and never came close to implementing anything like that.
WTF? Lied to voters by presenting what he advocates and what he will fight for? What an absurd statement. I would say he was far more honest than other politicians as he constantly claimed that the president can don nothing by himself and is totally dependent on the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 06:17 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,627,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
WTF? Lied to voters by presenting what he advocates and what he will fight for? What an absurd statement. I would say he was far more honest than other politicians as he constantly claimed that the president can don nothing by himself and is totally dependent on the people.
The corrupt establishment politicos of both parties know exactly what to do with honest rebels - marginalize and ostracized. But the thing is, Clinton supporters don't care one iota about honesty. That is clear. They would have Sanders supporters believe what she is "saying". What a hoot. So desperate they are for the status quo, they would sacrifice the future of their own children to maintain it.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:40 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,521 times
Quote:
The guy who lied to voters to try and get their votes by telling them that tuition and health care should be free? Yeah that seems totally honest from a clown that was a career politician for 40 years and never came close to implementing anything like that.
You've spouted this nonsense before and you dodged when I applied the same logic to your favored candidate. I don't think you understand the definition of a "lie".

Old 06-18-2016, 11:49 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
God darn, the Democratic primary system is so rigged that it is giving votes to Bernie long after the election is done! You'd think that the rigged system would simply keep status quo or add votes to Hillary to make her victory more dominant.

Viva America!

Trump 2024

Mick

Old 06-18-2016, 11:52 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Free tuition is a pipe dream that could never be implemented and he knows that, same for free health care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
You've spouted this nonsense before and you dodged when I applied the same logic to your favored candidate. I don't think you understand the definition of a "lie".
Sorry if you think its nonsense, but I firmly believe that Sanders knew all along that 99% of what he preaches is undo-able.

I've never "dodged" anything, I've always tried to answer to the best of my ability. I may not respond to every post on here but I do have plenty of other things going on in my life so replying 1:1 on ever post here doesnt happen.

I fully understand the definition of a lie though, so thanks for questioning my ability to read and comprehend on an elementary level reading scale.

Overall I think its fair to question the motive and honesty of a career 40 year politician who bases the majority of his platform on giving things away in an effort to launder votes.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:56 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,112,566 times
Quote:
Free tuition is a pipe dream that could never be implemented and he knows that, same for free health care

Sorry if you think its nonsense, but I firmly believe that Sanders knew all along that 99% of what he preaches is undo-able.

I've never "dodged" anything, I've always tried to answer to the best of my ability. I may not respond to every post on here but I do have plenty of other things going on in my life so replying 1:1 on ever post here doesnt happen.

I fully understand the definition of a lie though, so thanks for questioning my ability to read and comprehend on an elementary level reading scale.

Overall I think its fair to question the motive and honesty of a career 40 year politician who bases the majority of his platform on giving things away in an effort to launder votes.
No, they are "doable" alright . . . . but they are not possible with current Republican Congress.

Mick

Old 06-18-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, they are "doable" alright . . . . but they are not possible with current Republican Congress.

Mick
Nope, not doable with our current form of government, you cant put the blame squarely on one party or government alone.

Schools have too much debt, too many high paid professors with huge pensions, health care is burdened with lobbyists that have bought both parties, and it exists in a non-competitive environment with grossly inflated costs. You cant start giving away healthcare when the basic foundation of its pricing model is so inflated. I believe the solution for health care is to fix the pricing model so its transparent and more free-market aligned, that should help make it much more affordable. Its no coincidence that its one of the only "products" that you have zero insight into the pricing model on, yet the prices are astronomically high. Its all smoke and mirrors by government and the industry to keep it that way so they can line their pockets.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:04 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,086 times
Hillary is still winning in the entire San Francisco County: 54-46
President Democratic - Statewide Results | primary Election | California Secretary of State

Old 06-19-2016, 01:21 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
Quote:
Dont you support the biggest pipe dream of all, something that has never been implemented anywhere in the history of mankind, libertarianism? This is very ironic. Meanwhile, every single developed country in the world has implemented a national health care system and lots of countries have tuition free public universities.

The cost of public tuition is $70 billion per year. 2% of the cost of the Iraq war which was $3 trillion or 50 years of tuition free college. Keep trolling. You have no arguments, just endless insults and personal attacks. Perhaps because you know that your libertarian agenda has no chance of gaining majority support unlike social democratic policies which shows majority support among the American people.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Dont you support the biggest pipe dream of all, something that has never been implemented anywhere in the history of mankind, libertarianism? This is very ironic. Meanwhile, every single developed country in the world has implemented a national health care system and lots of countries have tuition free public universities.

The cost of public tuition is $70 billion per year. 2% of the cost of the Iraq war which was $3 trillion or 50 years of tuition free college. Keep trolling. You have no arguments, just endless insults and personal attacks. Perhaps because you know that your libertarian agenda has no chance of gaining majority support unlike social democratic policies which shows majority support among the American people.
Nope, thats where you are wrong, yet again. Regardless of what candidate I support, I would never support 100% full implementation of one particular brand of political philosophy, because none to your point have ever been 100% fully and successfully implemented. I support Johnson and the Libertarian platform because I find the whole religious extremism and overlooking equal rights for all by the Republicans distasteful, while I also REALLY have issues with most Democratic economic policies. I see the voice of the Libertarian party as being a good mix of what would help reign in those two extremes that I mention. I don't have grand illusions of Libertarian philosophy become the majority in thi sor any country,much like I know that wont happen with the social democratic policies which Bernie Sanders has already shown to be a failure as he couldn't even get a majority of the democratic party to vote for him. So at best MAYBE 1/4 of the country somewhat favors it, but I think they more favor the policy of "anyone but Trump or Clinton" much like many republicans support. Using this election to claim majority support for any party of philosophy is built on incredibly shaky logic.

So you want to unspend what we spent on the Iraq war? Did you get the receipt for that? I know I didn't but I'm pretty sure that we are past any refund period. Some of my issues with free tuition are similar to my issues with free healthcare. That being that the pricing structures are so screwed up and the pricing SO overly inflated that simply shifting it from the consumer to the tax payer doesn't fix the underlying problem of why its un-affordable. Shifting the cost to the tax payer just makes the same folks suffer, just over a longer period of time. MAYBE if we could get the pricing situation figured out I would feel better about some sort of government subsidy, but no way no how right now, its unsustainable.

Sorry if you think that my disagreeing with your political philosophy is "trolling" and "insulting" with "personal attacks" and no arguments, but that is just ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections