Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 10:42 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,458,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
They can't force him, but the President is required by law to spend the money he requests on the agency he requests it for. This is done to ensure they don't ask for funding for say the military and then divert 200 billion into the EPA or NASA. He doesn't have to ask for the money of course. However, once he asks for it he has to spend it where it was requested. What agencies have come and gone exactly? I'm also pretty sure that wasting taxpayer money isn't a legitimate reasoning for firing unionized federal employees.
How about this?

Trump only asks for money for the agencies he wants to keep.

And he asks only for the amount of money that he wants.

Congress can give him more, but he doesn't have to spend it.

Or even if he does have to spend it, he can just tell the federal employees to take a long vacation instead of working to destroy America.

Also, I'm sure that waste is a firing offense.

If it weren't, federal employees would just burn money for fun.

Agencies that have been dissolved?

How about the WPA? Or the OSS? I'm sure many other examples could be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 07:19 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,323,889 times
Federal agencies are created and abolished by Congress. Presidents make recommendations to Congress but do not have the authority to do this on their own.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:46 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,989,042 times
If Trump wins I can already see the articles posted on CNN... "What went wrong, What did we miss" , "Hillary refuses concession speech" "Obama executive order: only minority and Ivy League graduate votes to be counted" "airlines prepared for heavy traffic due to citizens relocating, less volume than expected" "where the polls went wrong"

Old 06-25-2016, 07:51 AM

1,268 posts, read 801,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If Trump wins in a landslide, what will Hillary supporters do?

First we have to identify Hillary supporters. They generally can be found hiding from life under the bed curled up in the fetal position with multicolored pacifiers feeding them one fairy tail after another.

After the initial shock of a Trump win we will see some survivors who can cope with reality and advance in a world without fairy tails holding them back.
I think you have Hillary supporters confused with Romney supporters. I wonder if Faux will hold off calling the election for Clinton this year too. You know to wait for that one last county in Ohio to confirm he lost. How many planes will need to be redirected from the celebration party? Will there be renewed interest in the antichrist? Will we be searching for the "real" birth certificate? How many times can the NRA manipulate the ignorant to rush out and buy guns because she will single handily make them illegal?

It is always entertaining when the silent majority discover they are actually a loud minority.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:53 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,320,175 times
How can anyone talk about a landslide vote when the delegates already are balking at voting for him?

FIrst on CNN: Delegates Unbound cites Trump in TV ad - CNNPolitics.com

Could Delegate's New Lawsuit Derail Trump's Nomination? - NBC News

Lawsuit seeks to unbind RNC delegates from backing Trump | Fox News

Old 06-25-2016, 08:52 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,149,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
If Trump wins I can already see the articles posted on CNN... "What went wrong, What did we miss" , "Hillary refuses concession speech" "Obama executive order: only minority and Ivy League graduate votes to be counted" "airlines prepared for heavy traffic due to citizens relocating, less volume than expected" "where the polls went wrong"
Don't you worry.

Mick

Old 06-25-2016, 09:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,630,264 times
Lightbulb If Trump wins in a landslide, what will Hillary supporters do?

I'd simply wake up at sunrise and be glad that the dream world where Drumpf won wasn't reality.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:34 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,661,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I think you have Hillary supporters confused with Romney supporters. I wonder if Faux will hold off calling the election for Clinton this year too. You know to wait for that one last county in Ohio to confirm he lost. How many planes will need to be redirected from the celebration party? Will there be renewed interest in the antichrist? Will we be searching for the "real" birth certificate? How many times can the NRA manipulate the ignorant to rush out and buy guns because she will single handily make them illegal?

It is always entertaining when the silent majority discover they are actually a loud minority.
Quote:
I wonder if Faux
Who?

Quote:
the NRA manipulate the ignorant
Bernie supporters?

Old 06-25-2016, 12:42 PM

8,611 posts, read 11,052,858 times
For once, just once could you stick with the subject posted by the op?
For those of you who don't seem to be able to grasp the question, here it is again.

"If Trump wins in a landslide, what will Hillary supporters do?"

Is that such a hard thing to answer?
Most of the post in this thread are bashing Trump, or Clinton, and that is not a correct response to the original post.
Answer the question without all the other crap thrown in.

Bob.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:06 PM

6,812 posts, read 6,978,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump wouldn't be firing them on a whim.

He would be firing them for wasting taxpayer money and the various forms of corruption that are commonplace in those agencies.

He would be cutting the fat and laying off hundreds of thousands of unneeded paper shufflers.

He could trim those agencies down to nothing.

Congress can deny money to the president, but they can't force him to spend money.

So you say.

I think you're wrong.

Agencies in our government have come and gone. It's time for more of them to go.
Agree. A shrewd businessman is exactly what we need to stop the disastrous road Obama has taken us down.

Remember Obama's promise? That he would look at all of the agencies and eliminate ones that duplicated the same purpose, and go "line by line" eliminating waste, fraud and abuse???? Instead, Obama's administration has expanded agencies and created new ones. What's a few trillion dollars more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections