Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 01:25 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,989,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
For once, just once could you stick with the subject posted by the op?
For those of you who don't seem to be able to grasp the question, here it is again.

"If Trump wins in a landslide, what will Hillary supporters do?"
If Cheeto Jesus wins, I will do what republicans have been doing for the past 8 years:

1. Claim that the orange Orangutan will be a one time president
2. I'll subscribe to conspiracy theories. There's gotta be a left version of "Infowars" somewhere on the internet
3. I will claim he is the worst president in US history.
4. If the clown gets re-elected I will repeat steps 2 and 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 02:06 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,139,955 times
Mr. Trump's election would be celebrated as breaking the color barrier. Anything we can do, orange people can do better.

Mick

Old 06-26-2016, 03:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,451,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Agree. A shrewd businessman is exactly what we need to stop the disastrous road Obama has taken us down.

Remember Obama's promise? That he would look at all of the agencies and eliminate ones that duplicated the same purpose, and go "line by line" eliminating waste, fraud and abuse???? Instead, Obama's administration has expanded agencies and created new ones. What's a few trillion dollars more?
Well said!

It's funny how the anti-Trumps didn't say "Obama can't do that!" but suddenly they say "Trump can't do that!" when all Trump is saying is that he would do what the Boy King Obama promised to do but didn't do.

I'm sure Obama's supporters heads are spinning when they read the above.

It's just too difficult for them to comprehend -- LOL!

Old 06-26-2016, 07:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,979,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Agree. A shrewd businessman is exactly what we need to stop the disastrous road Obama has taken us down.

Remember Obama's promise? That he would look at all of the agencies and eliminate ones that duplicated the same purpose, and go "line by line" eliminating waste, fraud and abuse???? Instead, Obama's administration has expanded agencies and created new ones. What's a few trillion dollars more?
I think that before you make statements about how much Obama has expanded government you actually look at the numbers.

Here is a link to the graph of federal expenditures. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W013RU1Q027NBEA
Notice how Obama increased spending so much more than Bush? Neither do I.

When Obama was elected, the U.S. was involved in two wars and losing at least 100 soldiers a month. That's ended and the Obama Admin has killed more terrorist leaders with drones than any other president. He also made capturing or killing bin Laden a priority, something his predecessor didn't do.

When one writes Obama's "disastrous road" we don't know specifically is the gripe. Saving the nation from going into a depression is a big accomplishment.

Regarding shrewd businessmen as presidents, there is ample evidence to suggest that businessmen have made poor presidents. Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Ike and Kennedy never ran a business -- but Hoover, Truman, Carter and Bush did. That speaks for itself.

Old 06-26-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think that before you make statements about how much Obama has expanded government you actually look at the numbers.

Here is a link to the graph of federal expenditures. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W013RU1Q027NBEA
Notice how Obama increased spending so much more than Bush? Neither do I.
Our national debt was $9 trillion when Obama became president.

Now it's $19 trillion.

More than double what it was.

Obama has spent more money than every president before him combined.

Quote:
When Obama was elected, the U.S. was involved in two wars and losing at least 100 soldiers a month. That's ended
It has?

Aren't we still in Afghanistan?

Quote:
and the Obama Admin has killed more terrorist leaders with drones than any other president. He also made capturing or killing bin Laden a priority, something his predecessor didn't do.
Your evidence that Bush didn't make it a priority?

None, of course.

Obama relied on intel partly developed during the Bush administration to find Bin Laden.

Quote:
When one writes Obama's "disastrous road" we don't know specifically is the gripe. Saving the nation from going into a depression is a big accomplishment.
Not when you and your party CAUSED that near-depression.

Democrat Clinton's Democrat HUD secretary Andrew Cuomo ordered Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in sub-prime loans over a 10 year period starting in 1999.

All to make homeowners out of poor people, minorities and even illegal aliens -- a Democrat dream.

Obama worked for ACORN, which threatened to sue banks for red lining and "racism" if they didn't lend to the credit-unworthy.

Quote:
Regarding shrewd businessmen as presidents, there is ample evidence to suggest that businessmen have made poor presidents. Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Ike and Kennedy never ran a business -- but Hoover, Truman, Carter and Bush did. That speaks for itself.
Not in the way you think.

FDR prolonged the Great Depression. It lasted for 12 years thanks to him.

Kennedy got us into Vietnam.

And I don't know what you have against Truman....

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-26-2016 at 11:31 PM..

Old 06-27-2016, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Our national debt was $9 trillion when Obama became president.

Now it's $19 trillion.

More than double what it was.

Obama has spent more money than every president before him combined.

It has?

Aren't we still in Afghanistan?

Your evidence that Bush didn't make it a priority?

None, of course.

Obama relied on intel partly developed during the Bush administration to find Bin Laden.

Not when you and your party CAUSED that near-depression.

Democrat Clinton's Democrat HUD secretary Andrew Cuomo ordered Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in sub-prime loans over a 10 year period starting in 1999.

All to make homeowners out of poor people, minorities and even illegal aliens -- a Democrat dream.

Obama worked for ACORN, which threatened to sue banks for red lining and "racism" if they didn't lend to the credit-unworthy.

Not in the way you think.

FDR prolonged the Great Depression. It lasted for 12 years thanks to him.

Kennedy got us into Vietnam.

And I don't know what you have against Truman....
First, the idea that FDR prolonged the depression is a case of revisionist history that was debunked by serious economists and I noted years ago:
//www.city-data.com/forum/21842367-post131.html

Second, the U.S. public debt in 2009 was $11.875 trillion, not $9 trillion, was you asserted.
Third, the federal debt increase was largely caused by revenue reductions during the Great Recession. What should Obama have done then, raise taxes and cut unemployment insurance just when workers needed it the most?
Fourth, blaming the Clinton Administration for the financial crises has been long discredited also, most notably by Barry Ritholtz: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...OqM_story.html

Regarding Afghanistan, there aren't hundreds of soldiers being killed each most the way they were under Bush. Stop the deflection.

The remaining assertions that you make in your post are equally as fallacious but I have neither the desire or time to once again undercut arguments that you repeat again and again.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
First, the idea that FDR prolonged the depression is a case of revisionist history.
Wrong.

It's a case of accurate history.

Quote:
Second, the U.S. public debt in 2009 was $11.875 trillion, not $9 trillion, was you asserted.
Wrong again.

The chart you posted says you're wrong.

Sometimes you amaze me, the way you expect other people to be so stupid.

Quote:
Third, the federal debt increase was largely caused by revenue reductions during the Great Recession. What should Obama have done then, raise taxes and cut unemployment insurance just when workers needed it the most?
Obama shouldn't have worked for ACORN, which pushed banks to make bad loans to credit-unworthy people -- or be punished for "racism".

The Clinton Administration shouldn't have forced Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in bad loans.

Quote:
Fourth, blaming the Clinton Administration for the financial crises has been long discredited also
Only in the minds of those who caused the crisis and want to cover their rear ends.

Quote:
Regarding Afghanistan, there aren't hundreds of soldiers being killed each most the way they were under Bush. Stop the deflection.
You said Obama ended the wars.

He didn't.

He actually started a new war in Libya -- which is now a failed state filled with terrorists.

Quote:
The remaining assertions that you make in your post are equally as fallacious but I have neither the desire or time to once again undercut arguments that you repeat again and again.
That's fine.

Debunking your falsehoods is not terribly interesting to me.

It's like bumping the arm of a record player when the needle has gotten stuck in the same tired old groove.

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-27-2016 at 04:04 AM..

Old 06-27-2016, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Wrong.

It's a case of accurate history.

Wrong again.

The chart you posted says you're wrong.

Sometimes you amaze me, the way you expect other people to be so stupid.

Obama shouldn't have worked for ACORN, which pushed banks to make bad loans to credit-unworthy people -- or be punished for "racism".

The Clinton Administration shouldn't have forced Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in bad loans.

Only in the minds of those who caused the crisis and want to cover their rear ends.

You said Obama ended the wars.

He didn't.

He actually started a new war in Libya -- which is now a failed state filled with terrorists.

That's fine.

It's like bumping the arm of a record player when the needle has gotten stuck in the same tired old groove.
That's it? That's your argument -- to merely say, "you're wrong" without any substance to back you up? As an example, I cited how you were wrong about the debt figures. Merely asserting your original position has no weight in debate.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:45 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,643,010 times
Quote:

Considering your "arguments" usually consist of repeating the same thing over and over even in the face of factual evidence proving your points wrong, you have no room to talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections