Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 02:03 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,376,232 times

Advertisements

I too am not excited about Pence. If what they say about him is right he is on the opposite side of Trump's signature issues. That's all the press will ask of him. The other two choices weren't exactly blemish-free either so I don't know. I don't seem them buddy buddy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 02:03 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,521,085 times
He is big on free trade. Wonder how that sites with Donald.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:06 PM

17,426 posts, read 11,432,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Mike Pence & Abortion: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

And He loves Guns, and supported Iraq *so called* war. Don'ta just love this MAN. Excuse me while I throw up.

Oh, I posted this in the wrong place, but I'll leave it here...republicans love this kinda person.

Neither one of them are going to be in D.C., so who cares, but whatta joke to righties are.
Like I said, it doesn't matter what his personal beliefs are. He's not there to make new laws and promote his personal agenda. Like Biden and all the rest of the VP's, he'll mostly stay in the closet and keep his mouth shut and attend funerals when needed.
All the fear mongering is pointless.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:15 PM

20,846 posts, read 17,195,174 times
You've the Trump whose quick mercurial and thinks fast and then you've got Pence who has to consult his multi factored mind check it with his heart and run it by his gut before he says a word. Thats not a good team. The Dems are jumping for joy.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:17 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,839,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Like I said, it doesn't matter what his personal beliefs are. He's not there to make new laws and promote his personal agenda. Like Biden and all the rest of the VP's, he'll mostly stay in the closet and keep his mouth shut and attend funerals when needed.
All the fear mongering is pointless.

Well, not all VPs are "in the closet". (Hello, Dick Cheney!) Hell even Biden is supposed to be Obama's closest confidant.

But it really doesn't matter whether you think VPs are important, it matters whether the populace does. Palin certainly had a negative effect, and this guy is really a progressive's worst nightmare. We'll see if it motivates Clinton's base to rally.

I suspect that between this guy, the new Republican platform, and a convention full of folks coming across as mean and saying xenophobic/racist/incendiary stuff the Republicans may end up doing Hillary's work for her. I don't anticipate them trying to come across positive and hopeful, because that's not where their base is right now. The base is angry wants red meat. It's a no win situation.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:19 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,691,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I completely agree with you. He is a mistake, but we have to remember a couple of things: 1-many who want to continue their political careers do not want to be associated with Trump, so his choices were slim.
2-the VP candidate really has little affect on the outcome of the election. Probably the best the VP can do is bring his/her state to the win column, but the wrong person can hurt. I don't think a lot, but enough. How many times can you, honestly say, you voted for President based, even a little on the VP choice. As I have said more times than most can count I have been voting for almost 60 years; never have the VP made any difference to me.
Agree with your first point, his options were very thin.
However, I know for a fact that McCain lost at least one vote with Sara Palin.
Trump, Hillary & McCain are all old enough that the VP is a possible POTUS.

Trump never had my vote, but I see this extreme religious conservative losing him more votes than he gains.

I support Don trump.
I fully support his destruction of the GOP.
Make America Think Again.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:24 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,771,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Donald trying to reach to the right to stabilize the ticket has chosen a person who will:

1) cost him votes among LBGT people. He's anti pretty much everything gay.
2)He's an unknown to hispanics.
3)He is already taking heat from the Dems and his vetting is sure to turn up something.
4)He and trump are diametrically opposed on policies on gay rights, women's rights and China.

Donald has made small gaffes. This is his 1st big one and I anticipate he and the Gov will not be getting along soon. He had the chance to select a well known, vetted, and well liked people. He MAY have just given away the election.
Honestly, it's fun watching both sides and the corresponding train wrecks this year.

Donald Trump really really needed a reputable female minority running mate. It could have been Nikki Haley. It could have even been Condoleezza Rice. But Trump pissed away those options by being himself and burning bridges. His options were limited entirely by his own actions and Pence is the kind of VP running mate you're left with.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:25 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,214,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You've the Trump whose quick mercurial and thinks fast and then you've got Pence who has to consult his multi factored mind check it with his heart and run it by his gut before he says a word. Thats not a good team. The Dems are jumping for joy.
Dems are thrilled!

Even better, we get to look forward to the Trump/Pence public blowup!

Old 07-15-2016, 02:26 PM

451 posts, read 468,903 times
Pence helps Trump unify the party and he has the least amount of baggage out of everyone he was considering. For every angry pro-choicer that will be emboldened to vote against the ticket, there will be an emboldened evangelical to cancel them out.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:29 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,416,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I suspect that between this guy, the new Republican platform, and a convention full of folks coming across as mean and saying xenophobic/racist/incendiary stuff the Republicans may end up doing Hillary's work for her.
Oh, they already are. Hillary has already released ads with Trump's quotes about Latinos, women, disabled people...with his own voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections