Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 06:18 AM

39,180 posts, read 51,505,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump could easily become impeached and removed. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to know the Constitution very well.

If that happens, we end up with President Pence.
If I were a little more cynical, I might be convinced this has been the plan since it became obvious Trump would win the nomination. There's precedent. I have posted in the past how Arizona voters in a rush of anti-establishment fervor, once elected a very Trump-like governor. The establishment promptly impeached him and removed him on some fake charges of corruption installing one of their own as his replacement. Trump is utterly unfit for office, doesn't have a clue about managing the executive and that will become obvious even to his present supporters within a couple weeks of his inauguration. There will be little public objection as Pence ascends to the throne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 06:24 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,649,862 times
Bad pick. This will hurt Trump a lot.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:27 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,721,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And no President would be impeached for not knowing the Constitution. That was my point from the other post that said Trump would be impeached for not knowing the Constitution which is absurd.
IF elected, he'll figure out something to get himself impeached.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:34 AM

26,177 posts, read 22,356,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
IF elected, he'll figure out something to get himself impeached.
Not "IF" and he'll be fine, but thank you for taking the time to express your concern. I know for the Dems this is an especially troubling time. I guess Trump/Pence helps deflect from the reality of being a Dem.

Pence as a VP pick is not a mistake. It is a compromise. I mean, it seems so minor when compared to the Dems who have had their presumptive nominee shoved down their throats and saw their other candidate end up shilling for Hillary and breaking his promise. Yes, Trump/Pence will help relieve the pressure the Dems are feeling in giving them a place to deflect their anger, frustration and hopelessness because of decisions made for them by the party.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,909,754 times
But Pence is a good english teacher and we all know Trump is in desperate need to that.....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...7B&FORM=VRDGAR

Old 07-16-2016, 06:53 AM

39,180 posts, read 51,505,387 times
Even Jeb! likes Pence. So now we have the spectacle of Republicans dutifully trudging to the polls to vote for their candidate in the hopes that he soon resigns or dies in office.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:01 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,988,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Pence...the only guy with an approval rating lower than Trumps
That's not true. He lowered taxes in the state of Indiana 3 years in a row, and his state now has a surplus of 2 Billion dollars. Low unemployment as well. Sorry he scores low on YOUR approval rating, but I'd bet most Indiana residents will disagree.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:07 AM

13,578 posts, read 7,540,458 times
Only chance Trump has now is if Hillary has a heart attack or something crazy like that. This guy Pence is way to religious for me religion should be kept far away from government. No way I want to see Abortion made illegal lots of people like me out there middle right. I don't like that white hair makes him look like some old rich man appearance makes a difference Trump was right when he said Hillary looked old and weak she does. I know VP isn't make a big difference I mean look at Obama's VP LOL

Old 07-16-2016, 07:23 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,343,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
That's not true. He lowered taxes in the state of Indiana 3 years in a row, and his state now has a surplus of 2 Billion dollars. Low unemployment as well. Sorry he scores low on YOUR approval rating, but I'd bet most Indiana residents will disagree.
They have these things called polls, so we don't have to rely on what you "bet most Indiana residents" think, we actually know.

Quote:
The poll found that Pence has been unable to make up much of the ground he lost after last year's Religious Freedom Restoration Act controversy. Only 36 percent said he should be re-elected, compared with 32 percent in a Bellwether poll conducted at Oesterle's request nearly a year ago. About 40 percent approved of his job performance this time, while 42 percent disapproved. During last year's poll, 46 percent approved and 46 percent disapproved.
Latest poll: Race for Indiana governor between Mike Pence and John Gregg remains tight

Old 07-16-2016, 07:24 AM

832 posts, read 1,422,938 times
Pence to Trump is as Mitt Romney to Palin.

GOP will lose again. But regardless, we're all losing in this election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections