Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 07:54 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,234,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They do not even understand that this is why they lost. People are sick and tired of politicians that promise one thing and then quickly does the opposite.
Well, Trump doesn't even wait until he's elected until he contradicts what he promised yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 07:54 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,047,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I'm in Ohio too. You are missing the point. No one is going to vote based on Kasich's endorsement, but as the OP wrote, he is giving Clinton an advertisement. One minute I am here reading threads about Trump being the best ever at uniting the party. The next it is a thread on how no one cares that Kasich and others aren't voting for Trump. You don't need a superior intellect or a degree from Trump U to realize someone is outright wrong. Is he the best ever unifier? No. Is the republican governor of the state hosting his convention supporting him? No. Would a rationale person think that odd? Yes.

If you try really hard, you will be able to piece it together.
I'm pretty sure it's YOU who is missing the point.

Here...let me help:

Nobody gives 2 cents about Kasich. As I recall, Kasich came in LAST. Or close to it.

/now you know.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:56 AM

27,743 posts, read 16,256,124 times
The pledge... what about the pledge? 2 guys who's words mean absolutely Nothing.. fail.. Oh, and be careful with that fork john

Old 07-19-2016, 07:57 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,291,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Cry baby losers who put their ego before their country and would put their own ambition before the well being of the American people. They are the past and we need not look to them for our future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
Or just maybe they aren't interested in seeing a narcissistic, bigoted blow hard with his finger on the button.

Manafort can dismiss all those republican's who dislike the dumpster, but it will make his run for the presidency impossible to achieve.

Great post op.
The first post IS A GOOD post.
Your post reflects the thoughts of an arrogant know it all who loves to hear himself speak and has no business calling anyone else a blow hard.

Let's get coffee sometime😏😏😏😏

Old 07-19-2016, 08:01 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,019,615 times
I am not sure why I should take anything that the "losers" in the primaries have to say in making my decision come November. There were, what, 15 of them? Out of 16 potential candidates, trump is the only one left!
So, I should listen to a bunch (or even a couple of) LOSERS?
I don't think so!
I'm not sure who I will vote FOR, but I do know I will vote AGAINST hillary.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:18 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,515,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have no money to divert. Have you not the debt and how Obama has ran it up?
Obama ran up the debt???

He inherited the Great Recession, the unfunded Iraq War, and massive deficits from the George W. Bush administration and Republican Congress.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...cit_chart.html

The Republicans have controlled Congress for much of the Obama administration. Congress has primary responsibility for taxation and the budget.

The Republicans have done little to correct the fiscal imbalance in the U.S. With their "no new tax" pledges, they seem totally incapable of doing what is necessary.

E.g., there has been no effort to raise the federal gasoline tax, even though the American infrastructure is crumbling and federal gasoline taxes in real dollars have collapsed due to inflation and more efficient auto fleets.

http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/

Increased infrastructure spending would have a massive multiplier effect on the U.S. economy, generating large amounts of income taxes and improving the nation's productivity.

Trump has promised to increase infrastructure spending, apparently financed by massive deficit spending. Then Trump wants to use his "bankruptcy expertise" to restructure the massive federal debt, made even more massive by Trump. Do his supporters really believe there is a "free lunch?"

One of my problems with the Democrats is that they are unwilling to take on the Republicans on the taxation issue. There are a plethora of loopholes that could be closed to generate more revenues, but a higher federal gasoline tax is essential IMO.

With lower gasoline prices, Congress has been derelict to not take advantage of the opportunity to raise the federal gasoline tax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-the-gas-tax/

Alternatively, make the entire interstate system a self-sufficient toll system, with the same per mile tolls everywhere.

Last edited by WRnative; 07-19-2016 at 08:47 AM..

Old 07-19-2016, 08:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,609,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I'm in Ohio too. You are missing the point. No one is going to vote based on Kasich's endorsement, but as the OP wrote, he is giving Clinton an advertisement. One minute I am here reading threads about Trump being the best ever at uniting the party. The next it is a thread on how no one cares that Kasich and others aren't voting for Trump. You don't need a superior intellect or a degree from Trump U to realize someone is outright wrong. Is he the best ever unifier? No. Is the republican governor of the state hosting his convention supporting him? No. Would a rationale person think that odd? Yes.

If you try really hard, you will be able to piece it together.

I mean, it was just a STUPID political move that could cost them. Kasich is very popular in Ohio (despite his flaws) and to have Manaforte call him stupid, stupid, stupid was just. . . well, stupid. AND then to have Donald call into Faux News whilst the grieving mother was on the stage crying that Hillary should be jailed . . . . just another amateur move.

Fox cut away from HER in order to let Trump talk on the phone about how hates Kasich.

What a mess his entire campaign is.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:36 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,371,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Like the Donald criticizing the Iraq War, then turning around and wanting to declare war on ISIS and perhaps Iran. What's he going to do with the South China Sea?
I'm not voting for him. Few are really paying any attention to what Trump says as it is not about Trump.

Quote:
Many, many Americans, including a large number of Trump supporters, don't want to be the world's policeman any longer. They want those hundreds of billions annually diverted to our domestic economy.
I disagree. I've argued this for years and very few side with my view. There is a thread elsewhere that I make this point where no one agree's with me.

Quote:
That's why Trump's bombastic claims about his military prowess and ability to intervene globally are so disturbing.
They are. It's why I will not vote for him. Many that will do support the wasteful wars.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:38 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,371,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have no money to divert. Have you not the debt and how Obama has ran it up? Do you support attempting to bribe the other countries like Obama did to not make weapons of mass destruction? Hillary is another 4 years of Obama by proxy.
Bush ran the debt up also. He even argued that we shouldn't actually count the debt as debt.......let the future generations worry about it.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:17 AM

68,368 posts, read 54,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Well, Trump doesn't even wait until he's elected until he contradicts what he promised yesterday.
When he was questioned about what he believed should happen to women who had abortions should they become illegal he changed his 'position' in less than 3 hours.

Donny's 'positions' are like the weather in the north Irish Sea, if you don't like it wait 5 minutes and it'll change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections