Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 02:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,611,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And Joe Biden plagiarized Neil Kinnock; it's the reason he wasn't elected in 1988.
So, that's a pretty serious consequence ~ wouldn't you say? I mean, it did take him down.

What should be the consequence of blatant plagiarism?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:37 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,403,252 times
The premise of this thread is, frankly, silly.

It's a flimsy attempt to deflect the muckup of Melania Trump's speech content.

Message to Trumpettes: Nice try, but it ain't working. Better off to try and throw some coins in a fountain.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:39 PM

21,280 posts, read 19,904,325 times
No wonder it flopped. At least Melania had the excuse of having poor English. What's Michelle's excuse?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:39 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,388,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
No, I hit the nail on the head.

A hypocrite posting that Trump voters should abandon ship because she copied and then lied about it...will vote for Hillary who lied about the email scandal and then lied about lying. Nail hit perfectly on the head.

I admit that Trump is also a corrupt liar.

But I hit the nail on that liberal poster's hypocrisy.

If you can't see that then you aren't thinking due to partisan rancor.
TY DC as I was going to say exactly the same thing..I have not read one post declaring any one of Trump supporters vote for Hillary..Just questioning their optical illusion view of what happened in Melania's loaded teleprompter speech.

I do not blame Melania one bit..her delivery was just fine..but unfortunately the words and phrases she spoke was borrowed ( taken from another's well documented speech from 8 years previous). True to form..never admit errors and continue to blame anyone but staffer's, candidate, speaker ..Yikes they have Hillary to blame..which is all GO has been doing since she left office..It actually started in Congress post Benghazi in order to discredit her..WHY?? because they knew she would be vying for POTUS just a few years down the road!

This is just a sniff as to how a Trump Whitehouse would run America.. NO one expects **********'s to change their vote..They will have to wait for their "Pied Piper" to stop his tune/tone and style..Then may slip of that path..BUT No one expects them to vote for Hillary..Best outcome would be to do a "Write-in" vote!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Trump voters should vote for whomever they support the most. I've never said otherwise.

I also never said Mrs Trump mishandled this. I said the Trump campaign mishandled it. And they have. They've grossly mishandled it. Which in my opinion draws into question the way the Trump campaign has handled, or mishandled, other issues that have come up. I find Trump calling his opponents names, attacking wives and fathers, and finger-pointing to be indicative of his problem-solving skills.

I don't think that Hillary mishandled the e-mail scandal. I think she mishandled the e-mail. And she has said she was wrong and has apologized. To date, there is not concrete evidence that her e-mail was hacked. And there is concrete evidence that government servers have been hacked. So while Hillary's private e-mail server may have been a needless risk, her actions didn't rise to the level of criminality (the conclusion that the FBI arrived at as well), and as far as we know, security wasn't compromised. So yes, I will be voting for Hillary in the fall. That doesn't mean that I agree with every position she's taken, or that I approve of every action she's ever taken. It does mean that in weighing her record overall, and looking at Trump's non-existent political record, his never-to-be-released tax returns, his documented lies during this campaign, and his childish and erratic behavior, that I think Hillary would be the better President.

I understand that you disagree with me. That doesn't make me wrong.
^^^^^^^^ Talking Heads for Trump has spent most the day trying to place blame elsewhere..denying ..which is what all defendants ..whoopsey surrogates do when accused of "Bad Acts" or "Made mistakes" or " Hurt the Brand"..etc etc etc..

I'd be more worried about copyright infringements on "Queens" song than protecting what Trump's campaign DID to Melania

Old 07-19-2016, 02:41 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,971,233 times
Quote:
Please change for the good of the country.

You are fine with Hillary lying and lying and lying to get out of the email scandal, but you tizzy when Trump's team does the same thing.

You are destroying our country with this sheep like attitude.

P.S. I don't think I can vote for Trump or Hillary....brake the chains on your brain and have free thoughts for once.
I don't have a sheep-like attitude, and my thoughts are completely free.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm wrong. It doesn't mean that I haven't given this year's election a great deal of thought. It doesn't mean that I don't do research and arrive at my own conclusions.

That you insult the people who disagree with you by suggesting otherwise, with no foundation except that they disagree with you, is really a sign that you can't handle others actually thinking independently.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,990,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The premise of this thread is, frankly, silly.

It's a flimsy attempt to deflect the muckup of Melania Trump's speech content.

Message to Trumpettes: Nice try, but it ain't working. Better off to try and throw some coins in a fountain.
^ ^ ^

You're exactly right, silverkris.

It's just a lame deflection because a major blunder at the GOP convention yesterday.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:43 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,448,965 times
Quote:
Yes I did.

Hillary mishandled the email scandal by lying repeatedly...and you accept this. But you are so worried about team Trump mishandling Mealnia's speech because they lied.

You are why our country is messed up.

"It is okay if my team screws over the country, but I will scream bloody murder when the other team does it."
Even the FBI director (a staunch Republican) said there's no reason to believe Hillary lied about the emails. I accept his assessment, not the one parroted in the Limbaugh Bubble.

Your constant deflecting from the numerous failures of Trump and (especially) the GOP are the reason why our country is messed up.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,539,366 times
Why is it when I listen to Melania Trump I think of this:

Old 07-19-2016, 02:47 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,696,767 times
It is not about what she has done, or about handling or mishandling. It is about who we all are. Each day is a new day and we are who we are because of how we look at that new day. Last night I saw a quality person who has not led a perfect life but who is in there trying to make a better life for herself and her family. And I have no intention of having someone I have never met nor ever care to meet tell me what I should think until you become perfect yourself.

I think Mrs. Trump would make an exceptional first lady. She stood in front of all those people and gave a wonderful speech. When any of you have done the same thing with the kind of style and grace she displayed, I will listen to what you say about her. Until then, "Blow it out your ear."

By the way, she would not talk about you the way you talk about her because her parents taught her to show respect to other people.

Last edited by NCN; 07-19-2016 at 03:00 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 02:48 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,903,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I saw the wonderful speech last night and told my husband that it was the best speech I had ever heard from a person whose husband was running for president.
Did you also think that the first time you heard it? You know, eight years ago when Michelle Obama, the originator of that "wonderful speech," debuted it when her husband was running for president? (I bet you didn't.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections