Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 08:44 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,050,591 times

Advertisements

If you really want to talk about plagiarism, look at all the moronic posts here that parrot the same goofy talking points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

If you want to know if plagiarism is present, there are scientific methods, e.g. grammerly and writecheck.com.
I haven't been to either of those sites, but seriously, what kind of person thinks blogs are scientific?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:45 AM

9,467 posts, read 9,412,576 times
Betcha Ivanka or Donald, Jr. "helped" Lyin' Melania write the speech, not a speech writer. That's why Donald has not said, "You're Fired." If it were some speechwriter, he/she would have been gone last night. And Donald would have been tweeting like crazy all night!

Old 07-19-2016, 08:46 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,692,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And, Caitlin Jenner called. she wants her "look" back.

So does tough guy Rudy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

Old 07-19-2016, 08:47 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,650,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
If you really want to talk about plagiarism, look at all the moronic posts here that parrot the same goofy talking points!
I suggest the Apparatchiks might want to regroup. They are turning Melania into a martyr. Are they really this stupid?? Unbelievable.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:50 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,346,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Who's defending it? I explicitly wrote that its indefensible. But don't make a mountain out of a molehill when only a very small part of the speech bears any resemblance to Michelle O's speech.
If I wrote a research paper and used a small but verbatim quote that I didn't reference, would get one kicked out of school.

There are companies that you can upload your paper (or a teacher can) and it will give you full analysis of ANYTHING suspect in the paper.

Idk who's responsible for this, but it's a complete mess.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:50 AM

24,150 posts, read 15,241,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Do you honestly believe the Trump camp would deliberately plagiarize Michelle Obama's speech, knowing the media would be all over it like this? It really is very generic language, the type of stuff I've heard in exactly the same structure for years.

If I had access to LexisNexis, I bet I could plug those words in and come up with lots of instances where it was said. Admit that this is ridiculous, and you guys are reaching here. The things I've heard people say about this woman is beyond the pale.
My dil been writing speeches for corporate heads for 20 years. She would have been fired on the spot for letting something like that get past her.

Checking the sites is the first thing speech writers do.

Trump cannot even hire a competent campaign staff. I'm supposed to believe he is a great business man who can end illegal immigration, bring all the jobs back to the USA, renegotiate all trade treaties and get NATO fight off ISIS all at the same time.

And I'm reaching?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:52 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,904,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It may have taken her weeks to google it.

Oh, please. As if Melania searched for anyone's past speeches much less Michelle Obama's. Put away your MSNBC flash cards.

They never write their own speeches. Aside from the fact that the speech included commonly-used expressions, they appeared in the same paragraph as Mrs. Obama's. Someone wrote that speech for her, and it was intentional. Someone (or a team) meant to embarrass her, and it worked.

Trump must be furious, not for this incident's negligible impact on his campaign, but for trying to make his wife look like a plagiarist and a fool. Someone's head is going to roll.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:52 AM

17,411 posts, read 12,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Huh? Biden dropped out of the 1988 campaign because of his plagiarism, doesn't look to me like anyone gave him a pass. Why Biden's plagiarims shouldn't be forgotten.
Because his plagiarism was FAR worse than a few similar phrases. Entire speeches, and rewriting his own history to match a plagiarized speech, to name a few. And then there's that sticky issue during law school, which SHOULD have prevented him from getting a degree.

And yes, they DID give him a pass, since he ran again with Obama.

Please point out somewhere where Malania is running?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:53 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,650,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My dil been writing speeches for corporate heads for 20 years. She would have been fired on the spot for letting something like that get past her.

Checking the sites is the first thing speech writers do.

Trump cannot even hire a competent campaign staff. I'm supposed to believe he is a great business man who can end illegal immigration, bring all the jobs back to the USA, renegotiate all trade treaties and get NATO fight off ISIS all at the same time.

And I'm reaching?
It's all obvious and it was no mistake or accident.

You are being manipulated. You just don't understand that a chess game is played out many moves in advance. You must think it was a mistake. It isn't. You are being trapped.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:54 AM

465 posts, read 258,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I suggest the Apparatchiks might want to regroup. They are turning Melania into a martyr. Are they really this stupid?? Unbelievable.
The entire world is laughing at your candidate and his wife. Again. I understand this must frustrate you. Go ahead, vent and let it all out. We're here for you. Here's some TP to wipe your tears away.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1147821-trump-pence-logo]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections