Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 03:29 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,990,681 times

Advertisements

Sometimes, no, most of the time, it seems 75% of the posters here are related to Bozo the Clown. What the heck is going on here???

It's pretty simple, Trump and his supporters have always hated Cruz because he was Trump's main challenger. Trump asked him to speak at the convention and he graciously accepted, unlike Kasich who didn't want to be involved even though he's Governor of the state the convention is being held in.

Cruz made a point to tell viewers to get out and vote and vote their conscience up and down the ticket. Does anyone really believe he was telling them to vote for Hillary? Due to how nasty Trump got towards Ted and his family Cruz wasn't going to actually say the words he endorses Trump, and Donald knew that before Ted's speech. What he said was his way of telling voters to vote Republican for each office. Only reason people are misinterpreting that is because that's how they want to see it. It's disgraceful.

Not only was it disgraceful, it has divided the party by pushing Cruz supporters away from voting for Trump as if he doesn't need their (our) votes. Guess what, he does.

I had decided to hold my nose and vote for Trump to keep Hillary out, but after his shenanigans at the Convention he proved to me he's an even bigger East Coast pr*** than I had realized. I wont be voting for him, and living in a swing state that's not a small thing. If I'm thinking this way many others are as well.

To answer the question, Cruz was booed because the crowd saw Donald waiting in the wings on the screens around the hall. They wanted Cruz off the stage at that point. I'm pretty sure Donald planned that to upstage Ted, which I'm sure is also the reason the screen behind Cruz was having 'technical difficulties'. BS. The venomous hatred from Trump supporters towards Cruz is irrational. It makes no sense whatsoever. The lies that have been told about Cruz throughout the campaign and even now after he spoke at Donald's request are a disgrace to the process. Trump supporters took on Trump's persona and became just as ugly as he's been in his actions and words.

So Trumpeteers, get your butts out on election day. Donald's going to need all of you since he and you turned off so many Cruz supporters. Instead of uniting the party you and Donald decided to continue dividing it. Good luck, you're going to need it. Hopefully for your sakes enough Democrats vote for Trump. You proved you don't want the votes of Cruz supporters by acting so vile and disrespectful towards a man who has more class in the fingernail of his pinky than Trump has in his entire being. Goofballs.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:40 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,368,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Depending on who holds the Senate Trump could name Cruz which would make the Christion coalition very happy. I doubt Trump is pissed off at Cruz at all.

My guess is Trump/Paul Manafort used Cruz to help solidify the party. Cruz has been overmatched/outplayed by Trump from the beginning.
My belief is exactly the opposite.

Trump's character in stock is all about dominance and vanquishing his opponents and humiliating them. Look at how he's gotten Christie to be his servile valet. Look at the way he trash talks his other opponents.

Cruz in his refusal to endorse Trump at his coming out party, pretty much gave him the middle finger. That's got to hurt Don's thin-skinned ego and show him that Cruz could **** in the punch bowl.

And if Trump wasn't upset at Cruz, why did he make some remarks this morning about Cruz?

Old 07-22-2016, 03:42 PM

465 posts, read 257,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Sometimes, no, most of the time, it seems 75% of the posters here are related to Bozo the Clown. What the heck is going on here???

It's pretty simple, Trump and his supporters have always hated Cruz because he was Trump's main challenger. Trump asked him to speak at the convention and he graciously accepted, unlike Kasich who didn't want to be involved even though he's Governor of the state the convention is being held in.

Cruz made a point to tell viewers to get out and vote and vote their conscience up and down the ticket. Does anyone really believe he was telling them to vote for Hillary? Due to how nasty Trump got towards Ted and his family Cruz wasn't going to actually say the words he endorses Trump, and Donald knew that before Ted's speech. What he said was his way of telling voters to vote Republican for each office. Only reason people are misinterpreting that is because that's how they want to see it. It's disgraceful.

Not only was it disgraceful, it has divided the party by pushing Cruz supporters away from voting for Trump as if he doesn't need their (our) votes. Guess what, he does.

I had decided to hold my nose and vote for Trump to keep Hillary out, but after his shenanigans at the Convention he proved to me he's an even bigger East Coast pr*** than I had realized. I wont be voting for him, and living in a swing state that's not a small thing. If I'm thinking this way many others are as well.

To answer the question, Cruz was booed because the crowd saw Donald waiting in the wings on the screens around the hall. They wanted Cruz off the stage at that point. I'm pretty sure Donald planned that to upstage Ted, which I'm sure is also the reason the screen behind Cruz was having 'technical difficulties'. BS. The venomous hatred from Trump supporters towards Cruz is irrational. It makes no sense whatsoever. The lies that have been told about Cruz throughout the campaign and even now after he spoke at Donald's request are a disgrace to the process. Trump supporters took on Trump's persona and became just as ugly as he's been in his actions and words.

So Trumpeteers, get your butts out on election day. Donald's going to need all of you since he and you turned off so many Cruz supporters. Instead of uniting the party you and Donald decided to continue dividing it. Good luck, you're going to need it. Hopefully for your sakes enough Democrats vote for Trump. You proved you don't want the votes of Cruz supporters by acting so vile and disrespectful towards a man who has more class in the fingernail of his pinky than Trump has in his entire being. Goofballs.
Yep, that sounds exactly like the Trump strategy, tick off, disrespect, and alienate pretty much EVERYONE, and then ask for their vote. Lol

Old 07-22-2016, 03:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,368,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Who knows? Things may look different in a couple of years if Trump goes down to a big defeat. Cruz might get some belated credit from many GOP voters for not endorsing Trump.
Cruz ain't no fool. He thinks strategically. Did that as a gamble to position himself in a few years. He didn't have anything to lose at this point.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
Why was Ted Cruz booed?
Because he didnt bow down and worship the Trump.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:07 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,844,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You seem to forget, Cruz made disparaging remarks about Trump's wife first, Don just struck back.
Trump is going to make a great president and you will soon have to admit how wrong you were. It's OK, we understand..
BS - BS - BS! An ANTI-TRUMP PAC - with NO TIES TO CRUZ (because they had issued earlier ads against Donald directing support to Rubio and other candidates) sent out that FB advertisement WITHOUT any KNOWLEDGE or INPUT from CRUZ or his campaign.

Regurgitating a lie does NOT make it true.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:08 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As you know very well, he did no such thing. Stop intentionally telling lies, old man.
Cruz and his PAC attacked Melania first.TRUTH

Old 07-22-2016, 04:08 PM

Looks like more people support Cruz' decision and speech than don't. Ted Cruz Took A Risk, Did It Pay Off? | RedState

Old 07-22-2016, 04:18 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
BS - BS - BS! An ANTI-TRUMP PAC - with NO TIES TO CRUZ (because they had issued earlier ads against Donald directing support to Rubio and other candidates) sent out that FB advertisement WITHOUT any KNOWLEDGE or INPUT from CRUZ or his campaign.

Regurgitating a lie does NOT make it true.
The attack came from Cruz super PAC. It included phrase. OR YOU CAN VOTE FOR CRUZ. And of course Cruz played dumb and never denounced the attack on Melania.
Cruz is a sleazebag. His latest attack yesterday on Christie Christie shows what a low life Cruz is. Cruz chooses a foul way to attack.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The attack came from Cruz super PAC. It included phrase. OR YOU CAN VOTE FOR CRUZ. And of course Cruz played dumb and never denounced the attack on Melania.
Cruz is a sleazebag. His latest attack yesterday on Christie Christie shows what a low life Cruz is. Cruz chooses a foul way to attack.

The same ANTI-TRUMP PAC had previously issued ads against Donald. The PAC founders have stated that they never supported Cruz, but he was the only viable candidate left in the race against Donald.

Stop lying to yourself and others!!

Make America Awesome

What is the Make America Awesome super-PAC?

We have not until recently done anything in favor of an alternative candidate, though now that it’s clear that mathematically, the only remaining candidate in the race who can beat Trump is Ted Cruz, we have run a couple of ads that are explicitly pro-Cruz, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections