Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 06:22 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,541,599 times

Advertisements

He told them to vote their conscience and that upset them. Think about that.

Why is this controversial? It is because he made the Trump supporters in the audience reflect about their own character and they didn't like what they saw. So they lashed out at him.

If you feel that voting for Trump IS voting your conscience, this shouldn't bother you. But it did bother these people.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:28 AM

934 posts, read 1,445,176 times
I think people were upset because they felt like Cruz was just being a sore loser. It's not so much that Cruz was voting with his conscience (what little he has imo), but that he was hoping for some publicity and praise for standing up to Trump...and it back fired.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
I think people were upset because they felt like Cruz was just being a sore loser. It's not so much that Cruz was voting with his conscience (what little he has imo), but that he was hoping for some publicity and praise for standing up to Trump...and it back fired.
In the early decades of our nation, if a candidate had behaved like Donald Trump did during a contest like this, a challenge for a duel would have been made and Trump would have likely had his campaign ended with his brains splattered across a grass field somewhere.

But being a reasonable man of remarkable composure, Ted Cruz just restricted himself to not endorsing this world-class turd of a man and encouraged others to "vote their conscience." Which if it were possible to vote for Donald Trump in good conscience, would not have bothered anyone.

There is no way that Ted Cruz could have honorably endorsed Donald Trump after Donald Trump's disgracefully dishonorable behavior towards Cruz, his wife, and his father, not to mention a great many other people. And it is preposterously selfish and tribal in an almost psychotic sort of way for anyone to have expected him to do so.

He didn't endorse Trump and he should not have. Trump has nobody but himself to blame, as he earned the treatment that he got, right out in the open for everyone to see. What comes around, goes around. Trump is reaping what he has sown.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 07-22-2016 at 06:58 AM..

Old 07-22-2016, 06:41 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,793,463 times
Cruz and conscience doesn't go together. Make me think of lying Ted.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Cruz and conscience doesn't go together. Make me think of lying Ted.
Lying Donald you mean. And a great many of his supporters as well. As far as I can tell, there is literally nothing you people will not say.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:44 AM

21,183 posts, read 19,798,648 times
If Cruz was so offended, he should have declined to speak at the convention like others (Bush, Kasich, etc.) did instead of raining on the winner's parade. I voted for Cruz in my state's primary, and his speech would have been fine in any other setting, but not at Trump's nomination. My respect for Cruz was diminished.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:45 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,561,399 times
If Trump doesn't win, Cruz can forget about 2020. he's a dead man.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
If Trump doesn't win, Cruz can forget about 2020. he's a dead man.
He may well be.

But it does not follow from that that he should have endorsed Donald Trump. Just because Trump disgraced and dishonored himself, it does not follow that Cruz should have done the same by compromising his own principles and endorsing this rancid piece of filth to be the next President of the United States.

No, it may not appeal to the tribal instincts of diehard Republicans or of the Trumpist mob, but Ted Cruz did the right thing here, even if it does damage any future presidential electoral hopes that he may have.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:54 AM

13,703 posts, read 9,034,620 times
Well, Senor Cruz of Canada was using the Dump Trump language. Recall all the way back to last week when the Dumpsters were trying to garner the votes on the rules committee to change the rules, calling for the delegates to be 'unbound' on the first ballot so they may 'vote their conscious'.

It is no wonder, to me, that people began to boo Cruz.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:03 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,561,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He may well be.

But it does not follow from that that he should have endorsed Donald Trump. Just because Trump disgraced and dishonored himself, it does not follow that Cruz should have done the same by compromising his own principles and endorsing this rancid piece of filth to be the next President of the United States.

No, it may not appeal to the tribal instincts of diehard Republicans or of the Trumpist mob, but Ted Cruz did the right thing here, even if it does damage any future presidential electoral hopes that he may have.
Cruz most certainly did NOT do the right thing. I mean, if you hate the guy like I do, he did the right thing. He completely alienated his party.

He would have been better off staying home and watching the convention from his couch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections