Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dem voters- Is Hillary not corrupt and completely honest?
Yes- All of the "scandals" are contrived "right wing attacks" 9 25.71%
Yes- All of the scandals are just minor political details 10 28.57%
No- All of the scandals are "real", but I don't care. 12 34.29%
No- All of the scandals are "real", but Hillary's other "positives" outweigh her dishonesty and corruption 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 12:28 PM

68,350 posts, read 54,502,307 times

Advertisements

She's as uncorrupt and as completely honest as her opponent, both are typical political hacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 12:31 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,610,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
"We need a change" is not a good enough reason for me to vote for a clown show
You have to at least acknowledge the irony.

So what I am reading is that most just ignore or deny her issues?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:34 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,298,339 times
In my opinion sort of a silly question.

I think more than 50% of politicians are corrupt and dishonest, and as a career politician I think nothing different of Hillary.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
In my opinion sort of a silly question.

I think more than 50% of politicians are corrupt and dishonest, and as a career politician I think nothing different of Hillary.
I get that you just made that statistic up, but I have to doubt that a number, that massive, of elected officials don't have a closet as bad as hers.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:40 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,802,882 times
Hillary and Bill are very smart and have been working in "politics" for many many years. Politics are corrupted and corruption reigns.

Paid lobbyists are everywhere. You want to blame that on the Clintons too? Why Not?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:44 PM

29,611 posts, read 16,602,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I get that you just made that statistic up, but I have to doubt that a number, that massive, of elected officials don't have a closet as bad as hers.
her closet isnt bad, it is overhyped.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:52 PM

13,651 posts, read 4,966,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Honest question.

Bill and Hillary have a very long documented history of shady deals designed to increase thier personal wealth through political office. The scandals of the Clintons are extensive.

Do you, as a democrat, sincerely believe that none of the Clinton scandals are real and that all of the accusations regarding White Water, Travelgate, China-gate, Clinton Foundation, Hillary emails, and Vince Foster are just contrived and not true?
I think there may be some truth to all of those, except the Vince Foster thing. That's just some nut-job conspiracy theory.

I wish there was a candidate that was both ethically clean and qualified for the job, but there is not. When Bill Clinton was in office, he straight out lied about Monica Lewinsky. I didn't like that, but he did a damn good job as President so I let it pass. I expect Hillary to be the same. Trump would be a complete disaster.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
her closet isnt bad, it is overhyped.
I've delved into the "hype" for a few decades, now. A person's standard for 'bad' would have to be severely skewed to believe the problems she is at the center of, are not bad.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I think there may be some truth to all of those, except the Vince Foster thing. That's just some nut-job conspiracy theory.

I wish there was a candidate that was both ethically clean and qualified for the job, but there is not. When Bill Clinton was in office, he straight out lied about Monica Lewinsky. I didn't like that, but he did a damn good job as President so I let it pass. I expect Hillary to be the same. Trump would be a complete disaster.
I kind of sway the same way on the Foster thing. Also, I am not a trump fan, at all. So the interesting thing about differences in ideal systems and people is that, for the things that I believe in, Mrs. Clinton presents the biggest possibility of a "complete disaster" for me.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:01 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I've delved into the "hype" for a few decades, now. A person's standard for 'bad' would have to be severely skewed to believe the problems she is at the center of, are not bad.
There's no "there" there. All of these so-called "problems she's at the center of" are based on nothing but innuendo and smears. If there was something credible there, we would have known about it by now. But there's nothing but a long trail of "investigations" that wasted taxpayer money for no return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections