Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:41 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,480,036 times

Advertisements

Michael Brown's stepfather: 'Burn this ***** down!' - CNN.com

Old 07-26-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And blacks all over the country target people because of their race, should that be addressed as well up on that stage? How about addressing what the real problems are too, like blacks gunning down innocents every single day in the gang ridden hoods. Why are they so afraid to address that?
Because the discussion on 'Race in America' can only be about how bad and racist white people are , and how they continue to keep black people down . Also there is a belief held by too many people (including some liberal whites) that non whites can't be racist against white people, which is an insane idea really.

If we really want to have a 'discussion about race' shouldn't everything be put on the table?

Hopefully if anything the killings of the white police officers recently that were targeted specifically because they were white will change this crazy idea that whites don't face racism or discrimination in the U.S in 2016.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:10 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,775 times
The mothers of my movement is ice coffee, and cheese Danish.

But this group of dem liars may elicit the same result.

CN

Last edited by Compression; 07-26-2016 at 08:28 AM..

Old 07-26-2016, 08:26 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times

Yeah, that's the guy.

Hope he shows up on stage to say a few words!

Old 07-26-2016, 08:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Not sure how shrewd a move this is. I understand Clinton needs a high black turnout but such pandering might backfire if a majority of Americans don't find the Mothers of the Movement a particularly sympathetic cause.

Having these women by her side has provided Mrs. Clinton with powerful and deeply sympathetic character witnesses as she makes her case to African-American voters. And they have given her campaign, an often cautious and poll-tested operation, a raw, human and sometimes gut-wrenching feeling.

The presence of the mothers has also proved a shrewd political move, influencing black leaders and lawmakers to back Mrs. Clinton.

Democratic National Convention Speakers List - The Atlantic
I can't remember who said it but she needs more than 90 percent of the black vote to win. I just think she won't get them to turn out to vote for her like they did for Obama no matter how much they prefer her.

What does it say about people when they know that they are disproportionately out of work and the candidate they support is bragging about letting in more people who will compete with them for jobs? What does it say about people who claim they are hurting and then they vote for someone else who says she'll continue his policies? I don't get it just like I don't get Jewish people who prefer a candidate who favors Muslims over Israelis.

Did the DNC put out a list yet of which designated groups trump other groups in the Democrat pecking order?

Old 07-26-2016, 09:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
I won't be listening when they speak. I'm not interested in a one sided view point.
It's an important issue that needs to be solved with all the cards on the table. Where that is being done I will be listening. BLM and the criminals point of view is a non starter on anything of value that will solve the problem. If they want to discuss another issue on what made their family member a thug and a criminal and a felon with a gun then fine but that is a separate issue.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
Yes, and "hands up, don't shoot" was proven to be a lie like you said. The witnesses as well as the DOJ's report support this.

Also, I saw a video of Michael Brown's attorney, Daryl Parks, on Sean Hannity's show. The attorney makes very little sense. It's on YouTube if anyone is interested.
And 9 separate Benghazi hearings have found no fault on the part of Hillary Clinton. Yet that did not stop the Republicans from encouraging a distraught mother to put Hillary in jail.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:15 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And 9 separate Benghazi hearings have found no fault on the part of Hillary Clinton.
Hopefully some of 20,000 hacked emails will shed light on that travesty of injustice.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I won't be listening when they speak. I'm not interested in a one sided view point.
It's an important issue that needs to be solved with all the cards on the table. Where that is being done I will be listening. BLM and the criminals point of view is a non starter on anything of value that will solve the problem. If they want to discuss another issue on what made their family member a thug and a criminal and a felon with a gun then fine but that is a separate issue.
Not politically correct at all:

But maybe there should be a movement to discourage certain people from having kids, especially if they choose to raise them into ghetto culture.
I didn't say poverty, but the embrace of ghetto culture.
Not all poor people are ghetto and not all ghetto people are necessarily poor.
There are lot's of rich rappers that are worth millions that still embrace ghetto culture, of course they are profiting off of it too, so why wouldn't they.

No rapper is rapping about how they just got their college degree, and they are going to work for a Fortune 500 company.

Also I'm saying this as someone that has listened to rap for many many years and enjoy a lot of rap music.
There is no doubt that it's a negative influence for many though.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Hopefully some of 20,000 hacked emails will shed light on that travesty of injustice.
Doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections