Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 09:44 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Not sure how shrewd a move this is. I understand Clinton needs a high black turnout but such pandering might backfire if a majority of Americans don't find the Mothers of the Movement a particularly sympathetic cause.

Having these women by her side has provided Mrs. Clinton with powerful and deeply sympathetic character witnesses as she makes her case to African-American voters. And they have given her campaign, an often cautious and poll-tested operation, a raw, human and sometimes gut-wrenching feeling.

The presence of the mothers has also proved a shrewd political move, influencing black leaders and lawmakers to back Mrs. Clinton.

Democratic National Convention Speakers List - The Atlantic
On the OP, black people already overwhelmingly support Hillary Clinton and I do think that she will get over 90% of the black vote primarily because of Trump being seen as a candidate of "hate."

Also, because of his "make America great again" slogan. I am black and honestly, I think America is already great and has been for years and has never not been great during my lifetime. Many black people view that slogan as "make the president white again" lol.

On the mothers who will be speaking, they will be well received by Democrats and by black America as a whole. Contrary to what many of the posters on this thread believe, hardly any black people statistically view any of the children of these mothers as any sort of people who deserved to be killed by police, including Michael Brown. I feel that the vitriol of the right in regards to Mike Brown is especially entrenched with conservatives who only seek to to continue the narrative of him being some overtly dangerous criminal and it is especially interesting that when his case comes up that Mike is only spoken about negatively and not the officer, who had a not squeaky clean history, nor the fact that the DOJ in their investigation showed how explicitly racial bias was in the Ferguson PD and law enforcement/criminal justice system as well. As a black mother myself, I care more about that and I see Mike as an 18 year old who was not perfect but who did not deserve to be killed like many on the right believe he did. A very large percent of black Americans agree with me as do many whites as well. So these mothers speaking, especially to a Democratic audience where they are trying to unite the party with various narratives and messages, will only serve to help Hillary versus hurt her.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:57 AM

13,439 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And 9 separate Benghazi hearings have found no fault on the part of Hillary Clinton. Yet that did not stop the Republicans from encouraging a distraught mother to put Hillary in jail.
Yeah, you'd think the Benghazi incident, tragic as it was - was the only time an American Embassy has ever been attacked.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:03 AM

13,439 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Pandering. She doesn't care. If they can fog a mirror by god they can vote.
Addressing issues that effect some groups more than others is not pandering, it's paying attention.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:03 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,179,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The vast majority of blacks may want to vote for hillary because they have been brainwashed, but fortunately they won't get off of their dead butts to actually vote.
They only did for obama because they hoped he would change their lives. They won't show that same enthusiasm for the wicked witch of Benghazi. She's white, not worth the effort...
^ And then people wonder why more blacks don't vote Republican or will vote for Trump.

Reading the rest of the ignorance in this thread gave me a headache, so I'm not even going to bother.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And 9 separate Benghazi hearings have found no fault on the part of Hillary Clinton. Yet that did not stop the Republicans from encouraging a distraught mother to put Hillary in jail.
You don't cover up something if you are innocent.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You don't cover up something if you are innocent.
What about 9 separate investigations do you not understand?

Tell me about the Beirut Embassy under Raygun.

How many were killed?

You were outraged; I just know it.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:45 PM

1,166 posts, read 756,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
What is so shrewd about continuing the lie that white cops (who are KKK members when they're off duty) go around shooting innocent blacks with impunity? DOJ didn't even prosecute the case in Ferguson (b/c evidence was insufficient) and Zimmerman was found guilty. In some of the other cases, it's too soon to know exactly what happened. In Baltimore, every officer in the Freddie Gray case was acquitted.

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:19 PM

76 posts, read 56,960 times
Default Mike Brown thugs mother to speak at DNC

So the lie of hands up don't shoot that never happened and still the the DNC is going to have the mother of a thug thief and person shot as he was in the process of committing a felony and had committed a felony stealing a box of cigars and brutalizing a shop keeper. This is what the *******s are reduced to? This is there base. The DNC has devolved lower than how Paul Simon sounds.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:22 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,558,060 times
not just her, but many other criminals' mothers.

Mothers of the Movement to Speak Out at Democratic National Convention - ABC News

Old 07-26-2016, 03:23 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,568,682 times
Democrats support lawlessness and anarchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections