Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 02:30 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,508,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I would never consider not voting.

1. Too many people have died throughout the history of this country to ensure that I have that right as a free citizen.

2. If I didn't vote, I couldn't in good conscience contribute to this or any other discussion forum. If I couldn't even be bothered to get my sorry ass to a voting booth, who the hell am I to have any say about the direction of the country?

3. I believe in this country and its people. I am grateful to live in this country. And I believe in the importance of the voice of the American people. Not voting is out of the question.

This! OP's attitude about voting, or not voting, is one reason we end up looking like spoiled brats to the rest of the world. Think of the folks elsewhere who wish they even had the right! To throw this right away? Never.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:20 AM

2,923 posts, read 1,990,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
It's too bad we couldn't get the entire country to just sit this one out. Like not one person vote. That would be hysterical.
Then President Obama would grin and say/chant, "Hey, I guess that means, FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS.". Either that or we'd end up with Green Party candidate Jill Stein as President.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:43 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Because both candidates are crazy and simply suck?
Hillary doesn't suck. She's one smart, tough lady, which is, of course, why the Right hates and has hated her for decades.

Whether you vote or not is entirely your business. That you act like you're leading some great cause by announcing that you're not voting seems pretty odd to me, but then I have a life away from my computer/tablet/smart phone.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
It's too bad we couldn't get the entire country to just sit this one out. Like not one person vote. That would be hysterical.
This may come as news to you, but some of us don't treat the right to vote as cavalierly as you do.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I would never consider not voting.

1. Too many people have died throughout the history of this country to ensure that I have that right as a free citizen.

2. If I didn't vote, I couldn't in good conscience contribute to this or any other discussion forum. If I couldn't even be bothered to get my sorry ass to a voting booth, who the hell am I to have any say about the direction of the country?

3. I believe in this country and its people. I am grateful to live in this country. And I believe in the importance of the voice of the American people. Not voting is out of the question.
Amen!

Old 07-24-2016, 05:54 AM

28,946 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Hillary doesn't suck. She's one smart, tough lady, which is, of course, why the Right hates and has hated her for decades.

Whether you vote or not is entirely your business. That you act like you're leading some great cause by announcing that you're not voting seems pretty odd to me, but then I have a life away from my computer/tablet/smart phone.
yeah, she is tough and smart all right.....

Old 07-24-2016, 06:12 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,921,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
If Trump wins....I firmly believe, and I'm not trolling here, that this country turn into the Balkan with race wars all over the place
That's probably gonna end up happening regardless of who wins. Racial tensions in this country are the worst I have seen in a long time, and if Obama can't improve that, then Hillary definitely can't.

Same goes with Trump, obviously. Both are dividers.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:22 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,552,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Because both candidates are crazy and simply suck?

I don't see the point in voting period the system is fixed anyhow. I knew that Sanders didn't stand a chance with the way the system is now.

Hillary is going to win & like with Trump we're screwed either way.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:49 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,513,707 times
Been saying it for months on this board.

As someone who voted for Bernie in the primaries. I am interested to see if this latest wiki leak debacle will move some to throw their hands up in the air , say "faq this", and just walk away from this election.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:54 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Trump will win Cali, you better get out there and vote for him so he wins by more.
No he won't win California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections