Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which convention was better?
RNC 39 48.75%
DNC 41 51.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 02:35 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,994,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The DNC convention was a bunch of celebrities and politicians that live in gated estates with armed security and no fear of losing their job telling us how our eyes are lying to us when we see catastrophic problems with the country. The RNC convention was not great, but it at least acknowledged reality.

In my opinion, the conventions are stupid and unnecessary to begin with.
I suppose you think Trump & Co. live in the suburbs with white picket fences and work at Walmart?

Old 07-29-2016, 02:41 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
A rather predictable outcome,the Hillary haters loved the RNC and the Trump haters loved the DNC.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
As long as liberals continue to get their data and opinions from Comedy Central you won't see that stupidity and childishness go anywhere.
I can't believe I'm seeing this coming from the candidate who has an insulting nickname for every person he's ever met or heard of.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:56 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Yep. If I were a democrat leading a democrat style life I'm sure the flash, glitter and empty promises would have been great. For people living in reality and paying the bills of many who attended the DNC, the RNC was clearly better.
Hmmmm. What did you think about Trump emerging from the fog machine? Seemed a little cheesy to me...
Donald Trump makes epic WWE-style intro at convention to introduce his wife

Old 07-29-2016, 02:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Michelle Obama gave a great speech..........at both conventions.

LOL.

Quote:
The RNC didn't have to pull their chairperson the opening day of the convention because it was proven that she assisted the party in manipulating the primary election like the DNC did therefore I'd have to say the RNC was a little less corrupt and a little more honest.

Well, sure, I guess. At least ALL the Republican past presidents were honest that they refused to attend the convention. Because they despise their own candidate.

And those many Senators and Governors, etc that just . . 'had other obligations."

The RNC was a flippin disaster and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Hmmmm. What did you think about Trump emerging from the fog machine? Seemed a little cheesy to me...
Donald Trump makes epic WWE-style intro at convention to introduce his wife
I gotta tell you, even Trump's best buddy and shill Joe Scarborough was laughing his a$$ off at that one.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:12 PM

63,005 posts, read 29,194,251 times
I'll take reality myself even if it is ugly sometimes at least Trump wants to address them. The DNC to me was like watching a Holy Roller Revival while sugar coating the problems of our nation.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:44 PM

12,972 posts, read 9,672,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I suppose you think Trump & Co. live in the suburbs with white picket fences and work at Walmart?
I know right, especially with Trump being a billionaire. I'm pretty sure most his circle of friends and kids live in well gated or well protected homes.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:48 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
The DNC had Boyz II Men. The rest of it stunk because it was reactive not proactive. C-SPAN wins for coverage.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:04 PM

59,178 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
OT: Today's headline in the NY Post: Hillary Addresses DNC; Waives $200,000 Fee !

Very poignant!

Oh...the conventions? Ugh. Felt for Bernie. Only sensible voice in that crowd. Hope Romney's (who?) rumored support for Johnson will get him to 15% and he can be a voice of reason during the debates. Can you imagine two or three hours of loudmouth and big a$$ haranguing with each other? That is more than anyone should have to listen to.
"three hours of loudmouth and big a$$ haranguing "

Based on your choice of words, I don't tink you would understand what they were talking about anyway

" That is more than anyone should have to listen to"

Who is holding a gun to your head to make you listen?

Old 07-29-2016, 05:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL.

Well, sure, I guess. At least ALL the Republican past presidents were honest that they refused to attend the convention. Because they despise their own candidate.

And those many Senators and Governors, etc that just . . 'had other obligations."

The RNC was a flippin disaster and you know it.

I gotta tell you, even Trump's best buddy and shill Joe Scarborough was laughing his a$$ off at that one.
Joe Scarborough was swooning about the DNC this morning. Said it was the best Dem convention in 20 years and pretty much said that it made the RNC look pathetic. Thought it was Reaganesque, patriotic, optimistic and that the GOP has fallen short.

Also commented on that line about baiting him with a tweet, and then Trump turned around started tweeting and made himself look worse but made Hillary right. I think Joe and Mika are over Trump. They are starting to be concerned about foreign affairs being conducted by amateur Trump. The election is getting serious and real now, so Trump is more of an embarrassment to the GOP.

Scarborough: Obama Sounded Like Ronald Reagan At DNC, "Spoke For My View Of America" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections