Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which convention was better?
RNC 39 48.75%
DNC 41 51.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 12:37 PM

11,669 posts, read 18,044,965 times

Advertisements

Which convention do you think, overall, went better? The RNC or the DNC?

In my opinion, I would grade the RNC a C- and the DNC an A.

The RNC was poorly put together, with scheduling and timing issues, and much of the time, they focused on degrading and hating Hillary Clinton and chanting "LOCK HER UP" like a bunch of stupid morons. Then there was the whole plagiarism thing with Melania, and then Ted Cruz said "vote your conscience." LMAO! And finally, at the end Trump's speech basically painted a dark vision of America where different groups of people fear each other.

The DNC, on the other hand had TONS of excellent speeches from many high profile speakers such as Elizabeth Warren, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Cory Booker, Bernie Sanders, Bill Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, Tim Kaine, Joe Biden, and of course, Hillary Clinton. Despite a few hecklers from Bernie people, the whole convention went amazingly well for all four nights. Hillary's speech was AMAZING, too. And the fact that Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned doesn't matter one bit, because it didn't affect the quality of the convention AT ALL!

I think the Republicans had a disappointing convention, while the Democrats had a very, very successful convention. No wonder it got HIGHER ratings than the RNC!

Old 07-29-2016, 12:38 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,745,134 times
depends if you like pop music or not.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:44 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,886,953 times
DNC was better.

The RNC starting the first day was weird and filled too much with anger and death and was not upbeat or optimistic about anything. It was weird to me because it seemed like every speaker I saw during the primetime hour was talking about their child being killed/murdered.

It was depressing.

The DNC was much more upbeat even though it did have the dead child people too. But at least they were not back to back to back to back.

They also had better music/entertainment and nice shots of good looking celebrities lol.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:47 PM

27,827 posts, read 16,335,815 times
DNC ~ Hollywood production with paid seat fillers and noise machines.. RNC~ from the hip. Easy answer. unless your into fake productions.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
DNC was better.

The RNC starting the first day was weird and filled too much with anger and death and was not upbeat or optimistic about anything. It was weird to me because it seemed like every speaker I saw during the primetime hour was talking about their child being killed/murdered.

It was depressing.

The DNC was much more upbeat even though it did have the dead child people too. But at least they were not back to back to back to back.

They also had better music/entertainment and nice shots of good looking celebrities lol.
so wait, all the bloodshed in the streets didnt depress you, but talking about it and addressing it did? explain that to me.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,406,632 times
Michelle Obama gave a great speech..........at both conventions.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:56 PM

254 posts, read 194,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
DNC ~ Hollywood production with paid seat fillers and noise machines.. RNC~ from the hip. Easy answer. unless your into fake productions.
Yeah, basically.

The RNC was probably viewed as "worse" for the casual viewer since it was dealing with the realities of today. The DNC was like "hey, here's Katy Perry!! And next is Usher!!" and then two hours later Obama would give a speech like "ain't this fun? Who's havin' fun today?" and the crowd would go "wooooo!!!" like they were at an Oprah taping.

So it depends completely on what the qualification for "better" is.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:57 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,496 times
both were a dog and pony show.

neither party gives a ***t about Americans

Old 07-29-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomanno View Post
Yeah, basically.

The RNC was probably viewed as "worse" for the casual viewer since it was dealing with the realities of today. The DNC was like "hey, here's Katy Perry!! And next is Usher!!" and then two hours later Obama would give a speech like "ain't this fun? Who's havin' fun today?" and the crowd would go "wooooo!!!" like they were at an Oprah taping.

So it depends completely on what the qualification for "better" is.
exactly. good points.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:00 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,088,724 times
The RNC didn't have to pull their chairperson the opening day of the convention because it was proven that she assisted the party in manipulating the primary election like the DNC did therefore I'd have to say the RNC was a little less corrupt and a little more honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections