Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 02:42 PM

79 posts, read 130,187 times

Advertisements

Trump: I give Obama 'tremendous credit' - POLITICO

Quote:
“There’s something about him I do like. I’m embarrassed to admit it. I give him a lot of credit. It’s very unique and very hard to do and I give him tremendous credit. He became a two-term president of the United States. He’s got some quality going.”

The business mogul also praised First Lady Michelle Obama’s speech and said Chelsea Clinton was “excellent.”
This man is truly delusional. Did he wake up this morning and just up and forget which side he was supposed to be rooting for?

Or maybe all of his negative comments about the President he made in the past were just "suggestions", and this is how he really feels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 02:48 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,358,046 times
We all know Trump is a Democrat and has been all his life. Trump is in this race to ensure another Clinton Presidency!

Old 07-30-2016, 02:52 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,481,247 times
Not surprising. Trump is a con artist who will say anything. I doubt he has many true political principles. He probably calculated that he'd get some support for saying this.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:54 PM

18,541 posts, read 15,371,832 times
I like Trump's comment about the Muslim father's speech...

“I’d like to hear his wife say something.”

Exactly what I was thinking durning the speech. Kind of sums up the hypocrisy of the left.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:55 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,795,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winlie88 View Post
Trump: I give Obama 'tremendous credit' - POLITICO

This man is truly delusional. Did he wake up this morning and just up and forget which side he was supposed to be rooting for?

Or maybe all of his negative comments about the President he made in the past were just "suggestions", and this is how he really feels?
I find that completely insulting. After all the things he said about President Obama, unforgivable things, for him to dare say, "hey, but I like him" makes me want to vomit. He cannot unsay the things he's said. Neither can Guiliani and a few others. They cannot undo it. President Obama has more class in his little finger than these guys can comprehend but I hope he gives them nothing. I don't think President Obama has so much as said Sarah Palin's name in all these years. All the things she's said and he just completely ignores her. I love that.

Trump cannot undo what he has said. Not ever. He will go down in history as the hateful person we have seen and the face of the GOP forever.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:59 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,464,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I like Trump's comment about the Muslim father's speech...

“I’d like to hear his wife say something.”

Exactly what I was thinking durning the speech. Kind of sums up the hypocrisy of the left.
Why would any decent person attack the mother of a fallen soldier to defend "Con Man" Trump? Republicans are really out in La La land.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:07 PM

24,804 posts, read 17,542,482 times
What is wrong with saying something positive about Obama? Trump and Obama are not mortal enemies, they are both men who want the best for their country.
I don't like Obama but I can't fault him for his effort to bring his kind of change to America. I don't agree with it but one has to admit he has done a lot in a short time. He is a smart guy who has pulled the wool over many American eyes.

So what if Trump says he respects him. Trump is not up against Obama in this election.
Perhaps another way to look at it is like 2 boxers that get in the ring, they shake hands (bump gloves) and even though they respect each other they will do their best to beat the other.

NOW the question is will Obama come out and say anything pro Trump? He has to respect Trump for beating out 16 others for the nomination.
If he doesn't one might call him a sore loser.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:15 PM

18,541 posts, read 15,371,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Why would any decent person attack the mother of a fallen soldier to defend "Con Man" Trump? Republicans are really out in La La land.
This is the problem with Democrats. Where did I attack the mother of a fallen soldier? If anything, I was standing up for her. My attack is on the lack of respect for women in the Muslim faith. And the blind eye that the democrats turn towards it because they are a "protected class".

Old 07-30-2016, 03:16 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,795,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is wrong with saying something positive about Obama? Trump and Obama are not mortal enemies, they are both men who want the best for their country.
I don't like Obama but I can't fault him for his effort to bring his kind of change to America. I don't agree with it but one has to admit he has done a lot in a short time. He is a smart guy who has pulled the wool over many American eyes.

So what if Trump says he respects him. Trump is not up against Obama in this election.
Perhaps another way to look at it is like 2 boxers that get in the ring, they shake hands (bump gloves) and even though they respect each other they will do their best to beat the other.

NOW the question is will Obama come out and say anything pro Trump? He has to respect Trump for beating out 16 others for the nomination.
If he doesn't one might call him a sore loser.
NO. Absolutely NO. We have watched Trump accuse President Obama of everything from being a Muslim terrorist to being born in Kenya. That stays with Trump and the GOP for life. They never get to take it back. When movies are made and things like the GOP sending out that postcard of the White House with watermelons growing on the lawn, that is all the GOP. When Guiliani stands up and says President Obama doesn't love his country at the GOP convention, that is the GOP.

I hope many movies are made and they all document what we have seen the past eight years. They really ripped the masks off. And it was not long ago that Trump polled zero with African Americans. Zero. A huge percentage of this country watched what he said and were disgusted. That does not go away. The nerve of his third wife to plagiarize Michelle Obama's speech. He's as klassy and nasty as his gold plated toilets. Trump needs to just shut up about President Obama. He cannot undo it ever and neither can the GOP.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:22 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,357,862 times
Just another reason I cannot and will not ever support Trump. Praising Obama? One of the worst Presidents in US history, are you kidding me? Trump was a liberal funding Democrat a few years before switching to the Republican party as he planned a run at the Presidency. Guess he's still a liberal lover, Said it a bunch and I'll say it again, he's a pathetic fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections