Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 10:54 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It was Bernie voters that got the shaft.. not R voters. They will Not vote (D)
I'm a Sanders supporter, and I do not feel shafted.

I feel disappointed that more Ds didn't agree with me, but I'll get over it. Unlike you, I don't think that the person who ran second should get first prize anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 10:55 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,219,108 times
washington post is a dem rag. media manipulating citizen thought.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:58 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,890,590 times
Thumbs down @ Words Currupt and Lied !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Probably. To me, it depends on what happens with the Bernie voters in the swing states. It's still an uphill climb for Trump though.
It also depends on the Message Sen. Sanders sends out. If he says one word like cheated or corrupt referring to Clinton and the DNC, Berny will support Trump.

Just outrage fueled again. The negative sentiment is alive and well.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:59 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The Republicans have a LOT of disenfranchised voters.
Nope.

Primaries 2016 Turnout vs 2008
  • GOP - UP 51% (quite remarkable considering that Trump was declared winner a month before season ended)
  • DNC - DOWN 18% (amazing since Hillary had to spend $250,000,000 of Wall Street's money to defend even this)

This speaks for itself.

Millions of disgruntled Democrats will not vote for the Democrat candidate this fall.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:04 AM

1,683 posts, read 813,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm a Sanders supporter, and I do not feel shafted.

I feel disappointed that more Ds didn't agree with me, but I'll get over it. Unlike you, I don't think that the person who ran second should get first prize anyway.
Unlike Clinton, Trump didn't get 50% of the republican vote in the primaries. And now R's are jumping ship as fast as they can.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Then it's not gambling.
Not for me anyway.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope.

Primaries 2016 Turnout vs 2008
  • GOP - UP 51% (quite remarkable considering that Trump was declared winner a month before season ended)
  • DNC - DOWN 18% (amazing since Hillary had to spend $250,000,000 of Wall Street's money to defend even this)

This speaks for itself.

Millions of disgruntled Democrats will not vote for the Democrat candidate this fall.
Yes, this all depends on turn out.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:46 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,513,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
HRC won the primary season by FOUR MILLION VOTES.

A handful of infants and toddlers on a facebook page wouldn't even put a scratch in a dent of one state's voting total.

The bernie toddlers have no leverage. He's now a footnote. The bernie-bots can now resume their former activities of getting high and listening to Phish. A few might vote for Jill Stein but none of them will vote for trump.
1. I prefer slayer. Phish Is terrible.

2. Why are you still ranting on about Bernie supporters? More than half are willing to vote for you. And ones like me as you say have no power. So...move on and ignore. The only thing I'm calling into question here is the 90% number. It's seems to me to be awful high considering how the primaries went.

3. You guys need to be focusing on the general electorate for two reasons.
a. A lot of your votes are going to come from people that didn't vote in the primaries.
b. If you want any type of mandate for you canidate you need to not just beat beat trump but to at least pull normal numbers for total voter turn out. Otherwise a republican house an senate are going to make things very difficult for Hillary. This might be hard than you think because both canidates aren't viewed favorably.

Presidential Election Voter Statistics – Statistic Brain

Old 07-31-2016, 07:25 PM

91% of Sanders supporters WON'T support Hillary.

Whoa! 91.41% of Bernie Sanders supporters will NOT support Hillary Clinton - In Trend Today

Old 07-31-2016, 09:51 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,826,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's hard to support someone who rigged your election and disenfranchised you to *********r vote into almost HAVING to support her.

The emails proved it.

If you were a Sanders supporter and you vote for $hill you are a sellout and never was about the Revolution. I don't care if he endorsed her. She was literally the textbook definition of everything he was against. He used her name in saying what he was against. If you vote for Hillary you were never about his movement. You were just riding the wave. And I won't succumb to fear mongering from Benghazi supporters just to keep Trump out. If I want change then I will vote for it, not for the same old crap that got us killing hundreds of brothers and sisters fighting in the ME along with the killing of ME children, not for the people who claim to give us jobs but then pull the rug right out from under our feet from trade deals like NAFTA (by the way, who was the buffed supporter of Nafta? And then after it got bad press changed their mind, and now is recycling into that mindset with the TPP?), etc.

You can't claim to be for something and then vote for the antonym of what that is. Definition of a hypocrite and a sellout.

If you want real change to our politics, then vote for that change, and that is third parties. Only third parties can bring change, not the same old paid-off and lobbied politicians who say the same crap every four years to get elected only to do the same old crap as the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections