Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Without clinging to a handrail, either creeping up, like the last steps to the summit of Mt Everest, or tottering down, on the verge of falling. The media seldom shows more than a handful of steps. Wonder why?

Would love to see a close up of her white knuckling the handrail.

They hid Wilson and FDR's health problems too. Can't show a sign of weakness in times of WAR, now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 01:18 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
Holding the handrail is about steadying and leveraging, so to a point holding the handrail is a symptom of...... her ill-health. Bet she CANNOT go up or down stairs without aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It has nothing to do with holding the handrail. Anyone who can't see that she's unsteady in that clip needs glasses.

Along with this, we know of two other occasions in which she fell. In one, she hit her head. In the other, she broke her elbow.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:37 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,541,960 times
I shouldn't be but am always surprised at what occupies trumpettes' minds.
Yes, the 68-y.o. presidential nominee uses a handrail when wearing high heels and ascending/descending stairs.

Clinton boards plane, July 2016.

Clinton exits plane, July 2016.

As do Mr. and Mrs. Trump:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ea6_1438899222

Last edited by biscuitmom; 07-31-2016 at 02:55 PM..

Old 07-31-2016, 03:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,321,711 times
I'm astonished that people are making a big deal out of anyone, let alone someone over 60, using a hand rail. I'll bet half the people complaining here couldn't keep up with Hillary's schedule. Talk about stamina, she's got it in spades.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:10 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,734,486 times
Quote:
Commander-in-Chief's health and ability to perform the job is definitely not grasping at straws. Mrs Clinton struggles up and down stairs. Do you deny this?
I think this is grasping at straws, and I can't stand Hillary.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:10 PM

Sorry Mom. The degree of the grip is 180 degrees different between Mr Tump and Mrs Clinton. Might want to get a little more detail oriented, when viewing these things, or reading articles or quotes.

Trumps hand and Melania's hand too, in high heels, literally glide along the top of the handrail. Mrs Clinton on the other hand uses a death grip, accompanied by knee instability.

Thanks for emphasizing the feebleness of your candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I shouldn't be but am always surprised at what occupies trumpettes' minds.
Yes, the 68-y.o. presidential nominee uses a handrail when wearing high heels and ascending/descending stairs.

Clinton boards plane, July 2016.

Clinton exits plane, July 2016.

As do Mr. and Mrs. Trump:
LiveLeak.com - Trump arrives for Republican presidential debate - in his own plane

Old 07-31-2016, 03:11 PM

You are seriously wrong. The woman is feeble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I think this is grasping at straws, and I can't stand Hillary.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:13 PM

24,512 posts, read 17,265,170 times
I don't know. Does her highness do steps at all?
I know the turnstiles on the NYC subway gave her some problems. remember that?

I wonder if Hillary was to attempt a flight of stairs and she started falling if the Secret Service would jump in to catch her? From what I have heard she treats them like trash.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Quote:
Without clinging to a handrail, either creeping up, like the last steps to the summit of Mt Everest, or tottering down, on the verge of falling. The media seldom shows more than a handful of steps. Wonder why?

Would love to see a close up of her white knuckling the handrail.

I'm about her age, and I too hang onto handrails and take my time when going up and down stairs. I also hold onto a handrail when getting out of the shower. So what ??? Are you alluding to some kind of deficiency in her ability to be President just because of that? I bet my IQ is a little above yours and I am more successful, so how a person walks should be no barometer or one's overall abilities.

Damn, you guys are so desperate that you keep coming up with the dumbest stuff !

Don

Old 07-31-2016, 05:29 PM

If one has to claim a higher IQ and greater success to make a point, one is probably not. Not sure what you hoped to accomplish with that childish jab. Late 60s does not necessarily mean stumbling and unsure steps, much less that a death grip on a hand rail is required to ascend or descend steps. Given the caricature nature of forums, I know many like to paint all millennial as slovenly or boomers as old and feeble.

Neither is the case. There is most definitely a need for a gripping, not touching, nor lightly holding, of hand rails. While not a policy issue, for a politician who was not seen, nor available for more than a month - early 2014 - it is reasonable to watch for signs of impairment. Her staff put out she'd fallen.

Cerebral accident, recoverable, but still... Or, maybe rehab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm about her age, and I too hang onto handrails and take my time when going up and down stairs. I also hold onto a handrail when getting out of the shower. So what ??? Are you alluding to some kind of deficiency in her ability to be President just because of that? I bet my IQ is a little above yours and I am more successful, so how a person walks should be no barometer or one's overall abilities.

Damn, you guys are so desperate that you keep coming up with the dumbest stuff !

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections