Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 11:14 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,302,229 times

Advertisements

I'm going with Gary Johnson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 11:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLu View Post
I don't think people will be voting with their conscience in November, as Ted would have us do...I think most people will instead be voting for whomever they consider the lesser of two evils. Sad.
If that's how you want to see it, I think that's sad. No one's forcing you to vote at all. If you want to be a pessimist, go right ahead. The rest of us will participate in the process.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,513,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If that's how you want to see it, I think that's sad. No one's forcing you to vote at all. If you want to be a pessimist, go right ahead. The rest of us will participate in the process.
Why can't one be a pessimist?

Old 08-01-2016, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
One is more "evil" than the other. One LOVES this country..the other is out to get all she can, as she's been doing since she discovered "public service"....very sad.

Trump has no motive to his running...he doesn't like what our country has become...neither do I! He wants to get us back on track...let capitalism do it's work...smaller government, larger GNP....that's what will fix this country!
Sure, he does. His massive ego for one. He is never satisfied with anything; constantly trying to fill that emptiness inside him. His last, brass ring is the Presidency - a job he doesn't really even WANT but would like to say that he won anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Poster didn't say they weren't participating in the process. Poster said they felt like they were voting for the lesser of two evils.

People feel what they feel. This certainly isn't the first election in which people have felt that way.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:48 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Or they won't vote at all.

I have voted in every presidential election, every primary, and every off year in my life, and I may not vote this time. The lesser of two evils does not apply when there is no one who rises to the level acceptable. The idea that I should have to chose between arsenic and cyanide is ridiculous. Since I think they are both going to ruin the country, perhaps I should vote for the one who will do it the quickest--the sooner it falls, the sooner we can rebuild, if at all possible.

Ordinarly, I would vote libertarian, since that is basically what I am anyway. But this "libertarian" candidate just became a libertarian about 15 minutes ago.

There is no chance whatsoever that I will vote for Hillary and it will be very difficult for me to vote for Trump. I don't know what I am going to do.
I wish there could be a box on the ballot for 'None of the Above', I think the results would be interesting.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Moral philosophers and theologians have long spoken of the problem of “tragic moral choice,” also known as the “incommensurability in values.” The man on the street simply calls it “choosing between the lesser of two evils.”

To me, lesser of two evils is still evil.

I don't think Mr. Trump is evil, I just don't trust him nor do I think he has the right attitude being the statesman. He is a celebrity a reality TV star, a successful businessman. I think he should just stay that way.

So he is not really the lesser of two evils, he is just not suitable for the job, in my opinion. Too impulsive.

I am voting for Gary Johnson, puff the magic Johnson!

Old 08-01-2016, 11:24 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
I'm a HUUUUGE Trump supporter, but will be voting for Hillary as I don't want to wait four years for the next Trump TV reality show as it is going to be the GREATEST TV reality show ever! Its going to make all other TV reality shows pale in comparison in its HUGENESS and GREATNESS!

Old 08-01-2016, 11:29 AM

1,043 posts, read 900,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I'm a HUUUUGE Trump supporter, but will be voting for Hillary as I don't want to wait four years for the next Trump TV reality show as it is going to be the GREATEST TV reality show ever! Its going to make all other TV reality shows pale in comparison in its HUGENESS and GREATNESS!
I'm still shocked how people can still proudly claim to be voting Hillary.
After all that's happened.

At least say it's because you think she the lesser of two evils. Because clearly there is no other viable argument for voting for her.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:36 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,986,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I wish there could be a box on the ballot for 'None of the Above', I think the results would be interesting.
Stop and think. There IS such a "box". It is known as "the write-in space". Just write in None Of The Above (N.O.T.A.) and mark that space. Done!
Then mark the rest of the ballot as you choose.
Simple and easy.
I will likely do that or vote Libertarian. I am not sure which yet. There is plenty of time to think about it.
As unlikely as it is, I just might vote for trump. there is plenty of time to watch and think about that, too!
It is perfectly clear, however, that a vote for hillary is NOT in the cards at this house!

Old 08-01-2016, 11:50 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
The only "Ted" I can think of that the OP might be talking about is the GOP equivalent of Hillary, master of lies Cruz. Yep, he would be feeding his followers that everyone except he, himself, the anointed one was an "evil" choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections