Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 01:22 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
great minds think alike i promise i didnt read your post before posting mine.

How's it feel to be legendarily great? (and you can ask me the same thing!)
thanks

Old 08-04-2016, 01:24 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,539,370 times
Clinton let Smith's accusations go, like Bush did Sheehan's. Trump went ballistic over Kahn's.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:46 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Yes, I forgot that the SOS is in charge of defense related issues as well.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Clinton let Smith's accusations go, like Bush did Sheehan's. Trump went ballistic over Kahn's.
And that is the problem. He is so sensitive that he can't take any criticism whatsoever.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And that is the problem. He is so sensitive that he can't take any criticism whatsoever.
I said this same thing months ago. That Trumps worst enemy is himself and that Bill Clinton would easily be able to engineer things in order to bait Trump to say/do stupid things.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
The reason Khan was there in the first place was as a counter point to Trumps calling for the end of Muslim immigration to the USA and his vilifying those Muslims already here in the USA.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:13 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Remember this?

If the Khan family supposedly used their son as a "political pawn", then why didn't the same conservatives condemn her for doing the same? Both lost sons in the line of duty; both had opinions and got up at the respective conventions and spoke.

Conveniently silent?

If your dogging Conservative posters on a message board, I suggest you do a better job of it. Many have pointed out that Patricia Smith blames Hillary Clinton in her DOS capacity for the negligence resulting in the death of her son. Hillary Clinton also lied to this woman. There's a direct relationship between the two.

An angry Khan (Khan good, Smith bad), on the other hand, has chosen to use the death of his son (killed by Muslims) 12 years ago to attack Donald Trump solely because of his position on immigration. Trump had nothing to do with the death of his son. And Trump's proposing to restrict immigration from Muslim countries that are hotbeads of hatred towards the U.S. in no way conflicts with the Constitution, BTW.

But we're not even talking about that. The subject is hypocrisy.

And the hypocrisy is yours.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Conveniently silent?

If your dogging Conservative posters on a message board, I suggest you do a better job of it. Many have pointed out that Patricia Smith blames Hillary Clinton in her DOS capacity for the negligence resulting in the death of her son. Hillary Clinton also lied to this woman. There's a direct relationship between the two.

An angry Khan (Khan good, Smith bad), on the other hand, has chosen to use the death of his son (killed by Muslims) 12 years ago to attack Donald Trump solely because of his position on immigration. Trump had nothing to do with the death of his son. And Trump's proposing to restrict immigration from Muslim countries that are hotbeads of hatred towards the U.S. in no way conflicts with the Constitution, BTW.

But we're not even talking about that. The subject is hypocrisy.

And the hypocrisy is yours.
She is also a grieving mother that is potentially looking for someone to blame. So you can't really take her claims at face value. Plenty of grieving people make things up to cope with their loss. Johnny Goschs mother is a prime example of that one. Regardless of the situation using either parent as a political tool was disgusting.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:22 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I remember that, and I remember four years of relentless politicizing of the death of ambassador Stevens and the three others.
I too remember that and I remember the 4,500 who were killed looking for wmds that republicans don`t care about because they couldn`t use those bodies to further their political goals. They have no shame.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:54 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,273,142 times
The difference is that Khan was using his son's death to attack Trump not because he was killed by the same people that Trump proposes to vet but because he makes his living as an attorney aiding Muslim immigration and has stated sharia law is above US constitutional law.
His attack not only obscures the facts it was also designed to aid his business.

In the case of Smith she was brushed aside as her son was by Hillary by lying about her orchestrating the supply of weapons to Isis from Lybia which sending in the help requested may have exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections