Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 02:43 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,853,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are killing his people. What difference does it make how they are killed? Is dead not dead? Somehow blowing someone to bits is more honorable than gassing them?

Exactly, just like the "tens of thousands" of Iraqis who have died thanks to the U.S.!

Old 08-03-2016, 03:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,292,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Are people so young anymore that they don't remember the Iran Contra affair?
Ah, good old Ollie North.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Libya is a very large country correct? How much of that land mass is populated? How much is under actual control by the Libyan "government"? Who is pulling the strings and who are the people loyal to? Are you being purposely misleading or just ignorant?
They control one city in Libya. You think that is "massive"? They also weren't in Libya when she was SOS.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Assange is out for Assange. If he had something on Trump he would release it also.
Oh he does. That's the much buried report. The leaks also targeted the RNC, Trumps campaign, and GOP congressman. My guess is it's leverage in case Trump wins. Then he can do the same stuff to him.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:38 AM

1,094 posts, read 500,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Assad was an enemy to humanity, he used chemical (sarin nerve agent) weapons on his own people, that was the redline remember that?
Bullshat-- Assad is the only secular authority in Syria standing in the way of ISIS getting control and committing a mass genocide against Syrian Christians, Yazids, Shiites, Kurds and basically any Sunni who's not a radical nutter like them. Assad is a minority himself (branch of Shiite if I recall), and while he's tough and ruthless (has to be to survive in that region), he is not genocidal, in fact he's the one governmental authority there stopping ISIS and Nussra from committing genocide. Think Rwanda but 10 times worse. Not to mention that ISIS has committed terrorists in France and the USA (Orlando, San Bernardino), has apparently been recorded as planning massive attacks in Britain, Australia and a few other countries.. In other words the US and Assad are on the same side, they're fighting the same enemy ISIS.

And do not bring up that lame propaganda about Assad and the chemical weapons again, there was no evidence, not one shred that Assad was behind the chemical weapons attack. In fact the core evidence afterward has suggested that if anyone, it was probably the ISIS rebels themselves or a militia who used them. ISIS (which is funded by Saudr Arabia Btw and originally by Turkey until the Turks themselves get hard hit by ISIS) is a bunch of mostly foreign jihadists that the Syrian people themselves hate-- they voted heavily in favor of Assad (he's democratically elected, and there were foreign observers to prove it) in 2014, not because they necessarily like him but because they know Assad is protecting Syrians from mass genocide.

I had to an infrastructure study for a job last year that focused on the ME, in the process got acquainted with Syria and it's amazing how much absolute utter bullshat propaganda is floating through the "mainstream" US media about Assad and Syria. It's pure yellow-style journalism, the same stupidity that got the US stuck in Vietnam thanks to the Gulf of Tonkin lies. Except in this case going into Syria would get the US into a shooting war with Russia and start World War 3. (Of course Assad is allied with Russia, he knows the US is governed by warmongers who want to get the arms-dealers rich and will peddle all kinds of propaganda to start up a war so he's defending himself and his country with the alliance).

Old 08-03-2016, 03:42 AM

1,094 posts, read 500,072 times
And just to be clear on the original topic, I don't think the US intentionally armed ISIS, I just think US officials and the State dept. got so drunk on their naive idiotic Koolaid about "moderate rebels" that they failed to see the "moderates" were just slightly less zealous fanatics than ISIS. And that the US government has in effect been funneling weapons (paid for by our taxpayer dollars no less) to ISIS terrorists, who then turn around and use their gains to help fund their own radicalism campaigns that turn around and get Americans killed in Orlando and San Bernardino. One of the most beyond stupid foreign policies in recent years, right up there with the Iraq War. Yes, both parties are idiotic on this, which is why I'm independent. I only wish we had a different voting system so that we could actually elect a third party candidate rather than the same corrupt crooks who run our two major parties.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Tell that to McCain.
Because I have his phone number handy? Why do you think this is a proper response? McCain isn't here discussing anything. Besides, he is almost always wrong.

Quote:
Assad is a sworn ally of Iran and Russia, and supported insurgency in Iraq who fought against US. He is also anti-Israel, who is a US ally. So, there are reasons why US opposes him.
There is no reason why we should not be able to get along with Iran and Russia. Especially Russia. I can understand Russia not trusting us, what with us supporting the terrorists in that region. This always comes back to bite us.

Quote:
Taliban harbored terrorists in their country and allowed them to train and plot terrorist attacks against the US, including 9/11. So, yes, they were an enemy,
The Taliban couldn't do a damn thing about that. They couldn't have stopped that even if they had wanted to. Pakistan harbored OBL for years also but we didn't attack Pakistan.

France harbored Ira Einhorn for years and we didn't attack France. (we just stirred everything up which has caused them to be attacked)

Old 08-03-2016, 07:12 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,591,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Yeah, according to the wsj, Obama secretly dropped $400 million in cash to IRAN during the release of four hostages. So basically we provide cash support to our enemy.

Planeload of Cash for Iran U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed - WSJ
And what is worse, the Administraton didn't deny it. They said it was a return of the $400M the Iranians deposited with the U.S. to buy military warplanes in 1979. So no one is upset that we are returning money to them that was held after they took 55 American hostages and held them for 444 days?

Old 08-03-2016, 07:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
There is no reason why we should not be able to get along with Iran and Russia. Especially Russia. I can understand Russia not trusting us, what with us supporting the terrorists in that region. This always comes back to bite us.
Maybe one day we can get along with everyone. I was replying to a poster who wondered why we don't like Assad, so I explained it. It goes back a long way. Oh, wait, that poster was you. Well, now you know why.

Quote:
The Taliban couldn't do a damn thing about that. They couldn't have stopped that even if they had wanted to. Pakistan harbored OBL for years also but we didn't attack Pakistan.
If that's the case, then the invasion was a must.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,016,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
Bullshat-- Assad is the only secular authority in Syria standing in the way of ISIS getting control and committing a mass genocide against Syrian Christians, Yazids, Shiites, Kurds and basically any Sunni who's not a radical nutter like them. Assad is a minority himself (branch of Shiite if I recall), and while he's tough and ruthless (has to be to survive in that region), he is not genocidal, in fact he's the one governmental authority there stopping ISIS and Nussra from committing genocide. Think Rwanda but 10 times worse. Not to mention that ISIS has committed terrorists in France and the USA (Orlando, San Bernardino), has apparently been recorded as planning massive attacks in Britain, Australia and a few other countries.. In other words the US and Assad are on the same side, they're fighting the same enemy ISIS.

And do not bring up that lame propaganda about Assad and the chemical weapons again, there was no evidence, not one shred that Assad was behind the chemical weapons attack. In fact the core evidence afterward has suggested that if anyone, it was probably the ISIS rebels themselves or a militia who used them. ISIS (which is funded by Saudr Arabia Btw and originally by Turkey until the Turks themselves get hard hit by ISIS) is a bunch of mostly foreign jihadists that the Syrian people themselves hate-- they voted heavily in favor of Assad (he's democratically elected, and there were foreign observers to prove it) in 2014, not because they necessarily like him but because they know Assad is protecting Syrians from mass genocide.

I had to an infrastructure study for a job last year that focused on the ME, in the process got acquainted with Syria and it's amazing how much absolute utter bullshat propaganda is floating through the "mainstream" US media about Assad and Syria. It's pure yellow-style journalism, the same stupidity that got the US stuck in Vietnam thanks to the Gulf of Tonkin lies. Except in this case going into Syria would get the US into a shooting war with Russia and start World War 3. (Of course Assad is allied with Russia, he knows the US is governed by warmongers who want to get the arms-dealers rich and will peddle all kinds of propaganda to start up a war so he's defending himself and his country with the alliance).
i dont have access to your own personal research, but is it your position that multinational fact finding mission that found evidence of Sarin gas attacks on the Syrian population (not ISIS) with chemical weapons that originated from the Syrian Military was wrong. Here is the thing about having a conversation we need to establish a set of baseline facts that we can agree on, if you go outside on broad daylight and tell me that is dark we have nowhere to go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections