Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 05:23 PM

892 posts, read 1,584,776 times

Advertisements

So let me get this straight....

Higher income and more expensive houses, toys, ect means that you are smarter than people who have less income, ect???????

This ridiculous attitude is rampant with the baby boomer generation and is a clear indicator itself of intelligence (lack of) IMO....

Turn off the Dallas re-runs
Stop watching Dynasty re-runs
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous with Robin Leach got cancelled.

Rich doesn't = smart....

Never has, never will....

The generations after the Baby Boomers starting with most of Generation X do not buy in to this crap for the most part because we have critical thinking skills.

There are literally countless examples of stupid wealthy people in our everyday lives...just as many as the poor people....

The are MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF STUPID.

Old 08-06-2016, 05:44 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,989,406 times
Hillary supporters are richest in food stamps and freebies from the government.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:18 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,804,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's really important to liberals to feel superior.

I can build a million dollar house top to bottom but I guess I'm an idiot because I like Trump.
What makes you think that non-supporters of Trump are liberal? There are a lot of conservatives who cannot stand the guy either.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,964,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
What makes you think that non-supporters of Trump are liberal? There are a lot of conservatives who cannot stand the guy either.
Donald Trump is the most liberal Republican nominee in my lifetime and I am 58.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:44 PM

4,581 posts, read 4,129,541 times
Because like trump they benefit from inheritances. After all Trump wants to repeal the estate tax

Old 08-06-2016, 08:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,964,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Because like trump they benefit from inheritances. After all Trump wants to repeal the estate tax
Taxing people for dying. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:55 AM

572 posts, read 281,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The Adobe Chronical is satire fake news :

https://adobochronicles.com/about/

Once again, people will believe anything, no matter out far fetched, when it appears to validate their perceptions.
The OP is rich, therefore he is too intelligent to have made such a mistake, therefore you are wrong.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Democrats had forced them at gunpoint to pretend they weren't being serious.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:10 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,804,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
So when you die you are perfectly willing for the government to come in one last time and steal even more from your children and grandchildrens inheritance? No thank you. Some of us worked hard for what we have, pay higher taxes and want to pass on what we have to our family; not some stupid government official to waste.
Estate tax law exempts the first $5M which means 90% of inheritances are not taxed.

Trump is trying to protect his wealth. I have no sympathy for his cause or his billionaire buddies.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:36 AM

4,581 posts, read 4,129,541 times
Quote:
So when you die you are perfectly willing for the government to come in one last time and steal even more from your children and grandchildrens inheritance? No thank you. Some of us worked hard for what we have, pay higher taxes and want to pass on what we have to our family; not some stupid government official to waste.
I am in favor of estate tax paying for health care and education. So everyone advances on their own merit and motivation. Not who they are born to or if they can avoid getting sick or family getting sick.

if you want to call it theft fine. I call fighting an estate tax fighting for a new monarchy or oligarchy.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:37 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,596,298 times
Quote:
Estate tax exemptions for a couple is $10.9 million and $5.43 million for singles.

You probably won't have to worry about an inheritance(estate) tax. Trump likely has configured his estate where there will be zero inheritance tax due just like he doesn't pay any income tax each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections