Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 05:47 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,712,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Election is in 3 months. What were the controversies 3 months ago? I can't even remember. Nobody else can either. The discussion will be totally different in 3 months and this is what Trump knows. A true genius.
You're wrong on that one. There is a cumulative effect, all the stuff builds and builds into a mountain of.. whatever. Has anyone actually forgotten about the disabled reporter? Megyn? No trouble 'down there'? killing someone on 5th avenue? calling everyone names? It's unfair! It's rigged! They were mean to me! They started it! I called it! My wif'es hotter than your wife! Barring a news team from rallies? The judge? The Trump U fraud case? Rape/molestation charges? Tiny hands? Trumpertantrums on twitter? And, through it all, no substance to his 'policies' other than it'll be great because I'm great. Trust me.

There's more, and it is all remembered, taped, and readily available. If you are having trouble remembering those good old days, google is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 05:49 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,436,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
You're wrong on that one. There is a cumulative effect, all the stuff builds and builds into a mountain of.. whatever. Has anyone actually forgotten about the disabled reporter? Megyn? No trouble 'down there'? killing someone on 5th avenue? calling everyone names? It's unfair! It's rigged! They were mean to me! They started it! I called it! My wif'es hotter than your wife! Barring a news team from rallies? The judge? The Trump U fraud case? Rape/molestation charges? Tiny hands? Trumpertantrums on twitter? And, through it all, no substance to his 'policies' other than it'll be great because I'm great. Trust me.

There's more, and it is all remembered, taped, and readily available. If you are having trouble remembering those good old days, google is your friend.
And you can be sure Clinton ads will be mining all of that in the battleground states.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,299,514 times
Why in the world would the Dems be desperate when a new Fox poll shows Clinton leading by double digits?

The GOP is panicking and imploding, Trump is off the rails, the GOP nominee is not supporting those in his own party in Congress, high profile republicans are announcing they are supporting Clinton, and the campaign wants to do an intervention!

Who do you think is really desperate?

Old 08-03-2016, 06:00 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,492,592 times
Quote:
Election is in 3 months. What were the controversies 3 months ago? I can't even remember. Nobody else can either. The discussion will be totally different in 3 months and this is what Trump knows. A true genius.
Here are some Trump oldies from more than 3 months that everyone remembers. Remember Trump mocking "I don't remember"? Trump's antics are unforgettable even without this current ad on TV.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:12 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,085,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post

This could be argued both ways, however, Trump’s mouth is child’s play when compared to Hillary’s deeds.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:13 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Karl Rove was a master at this game - projecting your own problems on to the opponent, attacking their strengths to make it appear they're really weaknesses. Thing is, it takes a certain talent to pull off. And Newt - you're no Karl Rove.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:35 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,824,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Karl Rove was a master at this game - projecting your own problems on to the opponent, attacking their strengths to make it appear they're really weaknesses. Thing is, it takes a certain talent to pull off. And Newt - you're no Karl Rove.
I don't know, think he did a pretty good job here considering what he had to work with. It's enough to re-energize Trump supporters after a horrible week. They need to keep the faithful from losing hope.

But yeah, there's nothing new in there. The Clinton campaign has been crystal clear for months the the strategy was to frame Trump as a dangerous, incompetent loose cannon and Hillary as the steady, cool headed leader. They've also been very clear they would go after moderate republicans which is what the Kaine pick and the DNC convention that borrowed heavily from classic republican themes was all about. He's acting like this is some new revelation born out of panic instead of the results of months of focus groups and highly paid political consultants' advice.... that was decided like in February or March.

Gotta love politics.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:36 PM

6,131 posts, read 8,003,914 times
Quote:
Trump does need to get on message. When he does that, he destroys Hillary (who has no message at all). Art of the Deal is getting close to closing time, though, and I think he will do that.
Art of the Deal was written by someone else.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:56 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times
Quote:
Trump does need to get on message. When he does that...
Any. Minute. Now.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:11 PM

1,268 posts, read 800,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Art of the Deal was written by someone else.
I doubt he read it. Well, since it mentions him, I'm sure he at least skimmed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections