Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 12:48 PM

57,347 posts, read 26,263,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
Here's his op-ed in the New York Times:

I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.

"In sharp contrast to Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Trump has no experience on national security. Even more important, the character traits he has exhibited during the primary season suggest he would be a poor, even dangerous, commander in chief.

"President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia was a career intelligence officer, trained to identify vulnerabilities in an individual and to exploit them. That is exactly what he did early in the primaries. Mr. Putin played upon Mr. Trump’s vulnerabilities by complimenting him. He responded just as Mr. Putin had calculated.

"Mr. Trump has also taken policy positions consistent with Russian, not American, interests..."

Yet another grown up in washington "rings the alarm" about the dangers of Agent Orange.
Good article, yet another person heard from.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:23 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,960,819 times
How did all that experience work out in Libya?

How about all the American blood spilled to take Fallujah and Mosel and those spilling it again to retake it?

You mean experience like that?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:02 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
Default I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.

Another major endorsement for Clinton.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/op...nton.html?_r=0

Quote:
During a 33-year career at the Central Intelligence Agency, I served presidents of both parties — three Republicans and three Democrats. I was at President George W. Bush’s side when we were attacked on Sept. 11; as deputy director of the agency, I was with President Obama when we killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

I am neither a registered Democrat nor a registered Republican. In my 40 years of voting, I have pulled the lever for candidates of both parties. As a government official, I have always been silent about my preference for president.

No longer. On Nov. 8, I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Between now and then, I will do everything I can to ensure that she is elected as our 45th president.

Two strongly held beliefs have brought me to this decision. First, Mrs. Clinton is highly qualified to be commander in chief. I trust she will deliver on the most important duty of a president — keeping our nation safe. Second, Donald J. Trump is not only unqualified for the job, but he may well pose a threat to our national security.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:03 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,453,691 times
Dupe thread..Man you guys can't control your knee jerks.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:06 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Dupe thread..Man you guys can't control your knee jerks.

Sorry, Just wanted everyone to know, I'm with her!

Old 08-05-2016, 02:08 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
I wonder what reports he has been reading the last 8 years of Obama where we handed over 4000m and Americans have paid the price?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Makes sense. The intelligence community is well aware that Trump is being played by Putin.

They claim Trump is Putin's 'useful idiot.' That seems right.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:09 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

Is Michael Morel associated professionally with Hillary now? Why yes, he is.

He was an active participant in painting the Benghazi attacks as caused by YouTube video. When Hillary Clinton says 'best information provided by the intelligence community" she is referring to her man in the CIA: Michael Morel Morell was the CIA official who crafted the "talking points" on Benghazi with the Obama White House according to his own testimony in 2014 to Congress. In emails later uncovered by Congress, CIA Director David Petraeus called the resulting talking-point language 'useless.'

In 2013, he left the CIA to join a Wash DC consultancy group with strong links to Hillary Clinton. Beacon Global Strategies, Morell's employer, is a ten-person firm whose co-founders include Philippe Reines, a senior counselor to Hillary Clinton when she ran the State Department. Reines is still her spokesman, serving in that capacity in what New York magazine calls 'a second full-time job. “And if she runs again... Reines will be onboard,” the magazine concluded in February 2014. Meaning that Morell, as a senior official at Beacon, will also likely be part of the Clinton spin machine.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...he-did-not-say

This man endorsing Hillary is far from unbiased.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-05-2016 at 02:25 PM..

Old 08-05-2016, 02:11 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,062,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

During a 33-year career at the Central Intelligence Agency, I served presidents of both parties — three Republicans and three Democrats. I was at President George W. Bush’s side when we were attacked on Sept. 11; as deputy director of the agency, I was with President Obama when we killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

I am neither a registered Democrat nor a registered Republican. In my 40 years of voting, I have pulled the lever for candidates of both parties. As a government official, I have always been silent about my preference for president.

No longer. On Nov. 8, I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Between now and then, I will do everything I can to ensure that she is elected as our 45th president.

Two strongly held beliefs have brought me to this decision. First, Mrs. Clinton is highly qualified to be commander in chief. I trust she will deliver on the most important duty of a president — keeping our nation safe. Second, Donald J. Trump is not only unqualified for the job, but he may well pose a threat to our national security.
He lost my confidence at the bolded statement.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I wonder what reports he has been reading the last 8 years of Obama where we handed over 4000m and Americans have paid the price?
Geez, he was there during the last 8 years. He was there when they killed Bin Laden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections