Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 11:30 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

I don't think there's a real conspiracy between Trump and Putin (at least, not so far), but I do think that: (1) as a self-aggrandizing perceived "strong man", Trump personally admires a lot about Putin; and (2) Trump's careless remarks about ripping apart NATO and not backing allies from attacks by Russia play into the hands of Putin, and Putin sees in a Trump Presidency the potential for a lot of benefits to Russia.

Written by a former NSA intelligence officer and former Naval officer after the former head of CIA blasted Trump:
Yes, American Spies Really Think Trump is Putin's Guy

Quote:
In other words, Morell is a typical high-flying mandarin in America’s secret spy empire, the 17-agency behemoth we call the Intelligence Community. These folks tend not to be partisan in a political sense, and if Morell’s a raging liberal and Republican-hater he’s been hiding it well.

Moreover, his depiction of Trump as “an unwitting agent” of Vladimir Putin is shared by many American intelligence personnel, including most of the ones I know. And I know a lot of them from my own time in the Intelligence Community. Among seasoned Russia-watchers and those acquainted with counterintelligence, I don’t know any spies who would substantially disagree with Morell’s comments on the Republican nominee.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-17-2016 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 08-07-2016, 12:42 AM

416 posts, read 260,419 times
Default Is trump carrying putin's water?

I know, i know, yet another attack by the left wing controlled media hell bent on trouncing on the poor dumpster. But alas, it's not to be the case; this article is from Red States, a right leaning website that has principles and refuses to bow to the phony republican know as the Donald.

I have to hand it to them, they are well read, articulate and spot on when taking apart trump. This article entitled Donald Trump Carries Water For Vladimir Putin In His Attack On Treaty With Japan is simply brilliantly written.

Well worth the read. and as a tickler, i will leave you the closing paragraph: "At some point we have to start asking, with dead seriousness, to what extent Donald Trump is simply a moron who understands the price of everything and the value of nothing, and to what extent he is acting as a stalking horse for the strategic goals of Vladimir Putin and the Russian Federation."

It's one to consider voting for a moron for president, but a dangerous moron like trump is well beyond what normal people would ever consider.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:55 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Translation: "damn Russians exposed our dirt...Trump is a Russian spy".

Old 08-07-2016, 09:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
I know, i know, yet another attack by the left wing controlled media hell bent on trouncing on the poor dumpster. But alas, it's not to be the case; this article is from Red States, a right leaning website that has principles and refuses to bow to the phony republican know as the Donald.

I have to hand it to them, they are well read, articulate and spot on when taking apart trump. This article entitled Donald Trump Carries Water For Vladimir Putin In His Attack On Treaty With Japan is simply brilliantly written.

Well worth the read. and as a tickler, i will leave you the closing paragraph: "At some point we have to start asking, with dead seriousness, to what extent Donald Trump is simply a moron who understands the price of everything and the value of nothing, and to what extent he is acting as a stalking horse for the strategic goals of Vladimir Putin and the Russian Federation."

It's one to consider voting for a moron for president, but a dangerous moron like trump is well beyond what normal people would ever consider.
Of course he is, but it is out of ignorance. Putin knows all he has to do (all anyone has to do) is compliment Trump to curry his favor. He freaks out over criticism and he loves compliments. That's pretty much all there is to Trump's motivation. The guy is all ego.

Donald Trump Has Been Unwittingly 'Played' by Putin: Former Acting CIA Chief - ABC News

Old 08-07-2016, 09:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Is trump carrying putin's water?
It didn't take Putin long to figure Trump out:

- Bait him with an insult, if you want him to lash out and do, or say something irresponsible.

- Bait him with a compliment if you want him to do your bidding.

Putin threw a simple compliment at Trump, and was immediately rewarded by Trump.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:04 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,593 times
It's too bad that trump has reached menopause, it he hadn't, not only would he be carrying Putin's water, but his baby.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:05 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
So is Putin trying to throw the election in favor of Hillary? If he DID hack her emails, perhaps he's really sabotaging Trump in hopes of using what he has on her as leverage?

Old 08-07-2016, 10:54 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So is Putin trying to throw the election in favor of Hillary? If he DID hack her emails, perhaps he's really sabotaging Trump in hopes of using what he has on her as leverage?
Now, that makes sense doesn't it? This whole thing with Putin is yet another deflection from the horror of Hillary. "Putin to block." If we are to defeat ISIS we will need to be work with Putin and other world leaders. The only ones in Hillary's pocket are the Middle Eastern countries full of Muslims.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:09 AM

416 posts, read 260,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Now, that makes sense doesn't it? This whole thing with Putin is yet another deflection from the horror of Hillary. "Putin to block." If we are to defeat ISIS we will need to be work with Putin and other world leaders. The only ones in Hillary's pocket are the Middle Eastern countries full of Muslims.
See there ya go again with that pesky little problem; all the excrement the righties have thrown at H has done nothing to slow down the Clinton express. Normal people know it's nothing more than BS, because in the end she was unbeatable unless they manufactured crap...which they've been doing for the past 20 years.

On the other hand, the dumpster is so busy kissing up to the gangaster putin and all the dumpster divers are starting to buy into this love affair between the two crazies. Imagine a world where those two goofs could just play monopoly with the various countries as their prize. Exactly why the Donald will never be president.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:30 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It didn't take Putin long to figure Trump out:

- Bait him with an insult, if you want him to lash out and do, or say something irresponsible.

- Bait him with a compliment if you want him to do your bidding.

Putin threw a simple compliment at Trump, and was immediately rewarded by Trump.
This is it exactly. Putin is no doubt laughing his ass off at how easily manipulated Trump is. Like most immature people, Trump simply cannot allow an insult to go unanswered. And like most narcissists, if you stroke his massive ego he will follow behind you like a dog licking your boots.

And don't think the rest of the world--both our allies and our enemies--aren't taking notes for how to deal with a President Trump to their own advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections