Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 05:50 PM

1,043 posts, read 904,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Um... You mentioned TPP like one time in passing on the first page. There was no lengthy explanation in the whole thread that gave any specifics on why TPP itself was negative in your view. If there was, can you point it out?

First, you said Syrian refugees. Is that not what you meant? Did you mean any immigrant at all? If so, you should've actually said that. The article only mentioned 2 people specifically, neither of them Syrian. Second, it states that 120 suspects were known, about half were immigrants. Doesn't that mean half were native? So wouldn't that indicate, at least in that number, that immigrants and foreigners had the same rate of offense in this case? Also, they were allegations, not proven crimes. The article offers no details on evidence or outcomes to the investigations.
Hardly the smoking gun.
Ummm... ok.
Read this post.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...onaires-2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 05:51 PM

17,606 posts, read 9,392,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Donald Trump will be the most gay friendly, genuinely so too, president we will ever have in this country.

I have a feeling Hillary might just be a "biattttttch" to many gays. She has been anti gay marriage until it became politically expedient for her to change her stance.

Trump has employed gays and lesbians at the very top ranks of his organization for years. Many have given glowing accounts of how well they were treated by Trump.

I think if the MSM would try to paint Trump as anti-gay , there would be uproar and maybe further galvanize his support among many gay and lesbian couples and singles around the land.
I actually think this may be the case - Trump is just not into the Victim stuff, the Social Conservative stuff -- he is Bottom Line Executive. It's difficult (if not impossible) to figure out a Political Agenda - he is against Incompetence .... and we have plenty of that in the Federal Government.

It's not mystery why Democrats, Republicans, Leftist, Far Right Wingers and the Corporate Media are Scared to Death of a Leader who ignored "but,but,but -- you can't DO THAT". I actually think it might take this type of person with nothing to gain and NO obligations to any Lobby -- to clean up the MESS.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Um... You mentioned TPP like one time in passing on the first page. There was no lengthy explanation in the whole thread that gave any specifics on why TPP itself was negative in your view. If there was, can you point it out?

First, you said Syrian refugees. Is that not what you meant? Did you mean any immigrant at all? If so, you should've actually said that. The article only mentioned 2 people specifically, neither of them Syrian. Second, it states that 120 suspects were known, about half were immigrants. Doesn't that mean half were native? So wouldn't that indicate, at least in that number, that immigrants and foreigners had the same rate of offense in this case? Also, they were allegations, not proven crimes. The article offers no details on evidence or outcomes to the investigations.
Hardly the smoking gun.
From the post:
If you would like my thoughts on the TPP here they are:

Partner countries in the TPP will have agreements built on moving goods and products between them. Things such as commodities like minerals, lumber and food products. But also manufactured products like electronics or machinery.

The agreements are designed to allow a more free movement of these goods and avoid paying tariffs or taxes on them. Each country may have their own particular products that they have in abundance - for example agriculture in the US or minerals from Australia. Each country is suppose to benefit because they share their valuable assets with countries who have other valuable assets in return.

The problem is that due to the lack of tariffs or taxes a multi-national corporation can decide where they want to base their business from. What we are finding, for example with NAFTA, is that many corporations will base their manufacturing where labor is cheapest (in NAFTAs case that is Mexico). So Americans who had previously been working in an auto plant are now out of a job because the plant was moved. But we still pay the same price for the car and the only winner is the corporation, i.e. the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

So, I'm no economics expert but I base my opinions and statements typically off of research and by educating myself. Something I know many people don't do.

Again, the TPP is an awful idea and Clinton keeps flip flopping while Trump is strongly against it. Therefore Trump has my vote.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:55 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,055,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I never thought I would lean towards Trump, but I find myself doing it too. Hillary is out for me, it is either Trump or 3rd party.
When you vote 3rd party, you vote for the worst.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:04 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,289,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
One is an honest.....

Stopped reading after that.
Neither of them is honest.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Hardly the smoking gun.
Here you go. Refugees committed more than 200,000 crimes last year.
Bring them on over Hillary! They will help our country immensely.

Refugees committed more than 200,000 crimes in Germany last year | World | News | Daily Express

Old 08-20-2016, 06:29 PM

21,571 posts, read 10,691,737 times
Quote:
I have never actually seen anyone be able to explain exactly how Hillary is dishonest beyond repeating talking points and pointing to conspiracy/corruption charges that she is never actually found guilty of despite repeated investigations by Republicans. People have been sold a bill of goods on her and most are too lazy to bother verifying what they're told. It's a rather sad statement on American society at just how low a priority intellectual curiosity really is.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I actually think this may be the case - Trump is just not into the Victim stuff, the Social Conservative stuff -- he is Bottom Line Executive. It's difficult (if not impossible) to figure out a Political Agenda - he is against Incompetence .... and we have plenty of that in the Federal Government.

It's not mystery why Democrats, Republicans, Leftist, Far Right Wingers and the Corporate Media are Scared to Death of a Leader who ignored "but,but,but -- you can't DO THAT". I actually think it might take this type of person with nothing to gain and NO obligations to any Lobby -- to clean up the MESS.
I think so too. I remember reading that it used to irritate Steve Jobs that Obama always gave reasons why we can't do something, and never ideas of how we do something. I think that's the difference between a lawyer/politician and a business person. Steve Jobs spent his whole life figuring out how to do something that had never been done before or that hadn't been done like he wanted it done. We need people like that in government.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:35 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,724,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We should have a challenge here to see if anyone can name someone else publicly known that is more dishonest than Hillary. It would be a heck of challenge indeed!
Oh! I know! I know! TRUMP! Oh, and NIXON! And Ryan Shozke (ok, I don't know how to spell his name, and I'm too lazy to look it up) that is 3 just off the cuff.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Oh! I know! I know! TRUMP! Oh, and NIXON! And Ryan Shozke (ok, I don't know how to spell his name, and I'm too lazy to look it up) that is 3 just off the cuff.
Ryan Lochte is his name, and though he did lie, it was hardly on the level of what Hillary Clinton did. Her lies actually affect us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections