Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 10:49 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,848,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And he was able to buy a $600,000 lakefront home. That is now his 3rd house. Wow, a real man of the people huh?
Yeah because selling a house you inherited to buy another house is definitely being against the people. Do I need to mention how he only has a 100k apartment in Capitol Hill, and then his main residence in Burlington which then is 500k?

Definitely sounds like the life of a luxurious, corrupt politician. I oughta tell Clinton we got another politician stepping on her heels! Wait, I mean, how much are Clinton's residences worth, just to make sure we are on the same page?

Old 08-28-2016, 11:19 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,899,821 times
You guys just have to accept that some people make more money than you and can afford more expensive homes...........and they did not have to earn the money dishonestly to do it.

What do you want Bernie to do, live in a cardboard box behind some dumpster ? I think he has earned the right to buy whatever he wants, and I am not one bit jealous of him doing that.

Now let's talk about Mr gold plated estates Donald Trump. I don't see any of you complaining because he has a couple of homes that rival the Taj Mahal. Only the Taj Mahal is not as gaudy.

Don

Old 08-29-2016, 09:50 AM

432 posts, read 670,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Actually, Bernie was my 2nd choice after Trump and I feel cheated having ever defended him since he sold out his supporters the way he did. It seemed out of character.

We have to remember that with Bernie, we don't know the "back" story. We know what happens to those that try to stand in the way of the corrupt Clintons, right? Dirt bath! Seriously, Hillary would do ANYTHING and say ANYTHING to fulfill her dying wish of becoming POTUS or enhancing her bank account.

At least now, we don't have to worry about the safety of Bernie and his family members. Let's not forget our prayers for Trump though or the welfare of our country which are still at risk.

Running? Really? And, how many people would it take to prop her up during that run? Didn't it take 4 to get her up the steps?

I think this will further disappoint the supporters that Bernie turned his back on. Bernie said himself that Hillary wasn't qualified to be POTUS which doubles down on the sham that the Democratic party is trying to run on the voters.

The sad thing is that Bernie was getting the young people interested and registered to vote, a demographic that least participates in voting and now many will be disillusioned for life.

Still time to replace that, well nothing I fill in here, with fresh healthy blood before the election. Democrats, it is time to beg your party to do the right thing.

So sad about Bernie. I could have sworn he was honest and trustworthy.

***Anyone looking for extra income should watch for the ads on Craiglist for the Clinton's campaigns ads looking for "seat fillers" for these events. No wonder she went to the high dollar fundraiser rather than to LA to show concern for the victims of the flood. Lots of "seat fillers" will be needed!
This is why I'm not really upset with Bernie now. He may have received an offer he couldn't refuse.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,652,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You guys just have to accept that some people make more money than you and can afford more expensive homes...........and they did not have to earn the money dishonestly to do it.

What do you want Bernie to do, live in a cardboard box behind some dumpster ? I think he has earned the right to buy whatever he wants, and I am not one bit jealous of him doing that.

Now let's talk about Mr gold plated estates Donald Trump. I don't see any of you complaining because he has a couple of homes that rival the Taj Mahal. Only the Taj Mahal is not as gaudy.

Don
Great timing huh? 2 weeks after suddenly dropping out of the race, buying a $600k lakefront home..

Quote:
Now let's talk about Mr gold plated estates Donald Trump. I don't see any of you complaining
What would we "complain" about? Trump is a self made billionaire, and he is not ashamed of it, doesn't try to hide his wealth. The fact that you bittery call him "Mr Gold plated" just shows your sour grapes mentality.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 PM

1,009 posts, read 710,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Haha not really!! Hillary is the best candidate out of the ones running

Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Great timing huh? 2 weeks after suddenly dropping out of the race, buying a $600k lakefront home..

What would we "complain" about? Trump is a self made billionaire, and he is not ashamed of it, doesn't try to hide his wealth. The fact that you bittery call him "Mr Gold plated" just shows your sour grapes mentality.
You support my point exactly. Why do you deny Bernie the fruits of his labor while cheering for Trumps good fortune? A $600 K home might seem extravagant to you, but, believe it or not, in a lot of communities that is a modest dwelling.

But some of you seem Hellbent on suggesting this home was paid for with blood money because Bernie rolled over. Absolutely with out merit and ridiculous. If you have proof, post it up, we are waiting.

Don

Old 08-30-2016, 12:25 AM

27,220 posts, read 15,399,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Don

We don't care if Bernie has some money or means to do this.

People should be concerned with Bernie's selling out and political business as usual.
Turns out he was no different as he had tried to claim......just another at the public trough.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:23 AM

16,382 posts, read 10,492,435 times
I swear it is as if some of you have never seen an election before. Calling Bernie a turncoat just shows how ignorant the poster is. It happenes in EVERY election, candidates fall in line and support their party's candidate after months of trashing them. The rare exception was this year when many in the GOP just couldn't go so far as to support Trump because he is such a dumb ass.

That boys and girls is the real story of this election, not Bernie supporting Clinton.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:27 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,336,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I swear it is as if some of you have never seen an election before. Calling Bernie a turncoat just shows how ignorant the poster is. It happenes in EVERY election, candidates fall in line and support their party's candidate after months of trashing them. The rare exception was this year when many in the GOP just couldn't go so far as to support Trump because he is such a dumb ass.

That boys and girls is the real story of this election, not Bernie supporting Clinton.
Ron Paul refused to back the eventual winner. Because Ron Paul has real principles. I say that as someone who voted for Bernie but is now very disappointed in him.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Ron Paul refused to back the eventual winner. Because Ron Paul has real principles. I say that as someone who voted for Bernie but is now very disappointed in him.

What did you really expect Bernie to do..........keep fighting an unwinnable battle ? Yes, Bernie did extremely well in the primaries, and had a lot of people, like you, who wanted to see him make it, but that was not going to happen, and Bernie finally had to make a choice.

I respect him because he did it like a man, stood on his own two feet, did not act like a baby, and he did it with class and style. He did not "roll over" , he simply looked at the bigger picture and realized that if Hillary did not get his support that Donald Trump might actually somehow win the election. THAT, he could not let happen, and I thank him for being a team player.

You, who supported Bernie, should hold your heads up and be proud that you all cared about the issues he was for, and you stayed with him to the end. But now it is time for you all to look at the bigger picture, as Bernie did, and do everything you can to insure that a mad man like Trump gets no closer to the White House than to stand on the street outside and look through the gates. That is your new cause, as it is Bernie's new cause.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections