Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 07:05 AM

1,050 posts, read 700,935 times

Advertisements

When someone's stance is a complete departure and criticism of the Establishment, only to eventually cave--ultimately they lose quite a bit of credibility, and automatically Bernie made himself an object of scrutiny.

For his former opponent's supporters to expect and persuade his former supporters to fall in line and support the very person he stated as unqualified and unfit (and I absolutely believe he meant it) is to request they behave like sheeple, which is the very thing he was telling us not to do anyway.

Can't blame his former opponent's supporters for wanting to cash in on his loss though

Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,359,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
What did you really expect Bernie to do..........keep fighting an unwinnable battle ?
It's only unwinnable when you quit. I completely reject your premise so there is nothing to talk about here.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:29 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,818,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
When someone's stance is a complete departure and criticism of the Establishment, only to eventually cave--ultimately they lose quite a bit of credibility, and automatically Bernie made himself an object of scrutiny.

For his former opponent's supporters to expect and persuade his former supporters to fall in line and support the very person he stated as unqualified and unfit (and I absolutely believe he meant it) is to request they behave like sheeple, which is the very thing he was telling us not to do anyway.

Can't blame his former opponent's supporters for wanting to cash in on his loss though
"I like Hillary Clinton. I respect Hillary Clinton." - Bernie Sanders, May, 2015
Sanders: 'I like Hillary Clinton' | TheHill

"Donald Trump must not become president and I am happy to tell you that Donald Trump will not become president of the United States" - Bernie Sanders, May, 2016
Bernie Sanders at Rutgers Rally: "Trump Must Not Become President" | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Old 08-30-2016, 07:32 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,908,224 times
Long story made short: Bernie sold out to Hillary. She is an example of everything Bernie was supposedly against and now suddenly she is what he is about.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
"I like Hillary Clinton. I respect Hillary Clinton." - Bernie Sanders, May, 2015
Sanders: 'I like Hillary Clinton' | TheHill

"Donald Trump must not become president and I am happy to tell you that Donald Trump will not become president of the United States" - Bernie Sanders, May, 2016
Bernie Sanders at Rutgers Rally: "Trump Must Not Become President" | NBC 10 Philadelphia
Anyone can cherry pick quotes. If you want to make that quote the foundation for his campaign, you weren't paying attention to him, or you are deliberately omitting his platform.

Within the same interviews and debates he simultaneously expressed "like" and "respect" but also used "unfit" to describe her and questioned her integrity.

Sanders' contradictory views are his own.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,818,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Anyone can cherry pick quotes. If you want to make that quote the foundation for his campaign, you weren't paying attention to him, or you are deliberately omitting his platform.

Within the same interviews and debates he simultaneously expressed "like" and "respect" but also used "unfit" to describe her and questioned her integrity.

Sanders' contradictory views are his own.
I'm not cherry picking. These quotes are congruent with their context.

I sent Sanders more money than I've ever sent a candidate before, and I followed him pretty closely. I am astounded that so many people missed the obvious fact that he would eventually support her if he lost to her. Defeating Republicans was always his highest priority, and the thrust of his arguments against Clinton was that he would do a better job of defeating Republicans than she would. And I still agree with him on that, BTW.

Helping Clinton is now his best option for defeating Republicans. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

For him, it was not about her personally, it was about policies. He said that pretty frequently too.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:

I sent Sanders more money than I've ever sent a candidate before, and I followed him pretty closely. I am astounded that so many people missed the obvious fact that he would eventually support her if he lost to her. Defeating Republicans was always his highest priority, and the thrust of his arguments against Clinton was that he would do a better job of defeating Republicans than she would. And I still agree with him on that, BTW.

Helping Clinton is now his best option for defeating Republicans. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

For him, it was not about her personally, it was about policies. He said that pretty frequently too.
To each their own understanding then

Old 08-30-2016, 08:12 AM

14,736 posts, read 14,721,976 times
Yeah, unlike the GOP clown car, Bernie and Hillary went out of their way to complement each other during their debates, even when they strongly disagreed with each other. Hillary doesn't embody everything Bernie is against, that would be Donald Trump and the GOP platform in general.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:

The idea is not to "defeat Republicans". In many instances the Democrats are every bit as bad. We have seen Obama to be as big of a war monger as Bush and Hillary was right there by his side egging him on.

Obama has been as big of a Wall Street stooge as anyone. Hillary will be no different.

This is what we want to defeat.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yeah, unlike the GOP clown car, Bernie and Hillary went out of their way to complement each other during their debates, even when they strongly disagreed with each other. Hillary doesn't embody everything Bernie is against, that would be Donald Trump and the GOP platform in general.
Bernie Sanders: Hillary Clinton is not 'qualified' to be president

Bernie Sanders: Hillary Clinton not 'qualified' for president - CNNPolitics.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections