Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:51 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,846,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
this makes sense, its so polarizing that it can actually be considered 'unsafe' to profess love for one candidate or another, especially for trump with all these violent democrats.
It only make sense when it comes to in person conversations or social media posts. But when comes to a survey where you are one of hundreds of calls and dozens of people spoken to, the idea that you are afraid to admit to voting for a particular candidate because you think the person on the other end of the line is going to judge you is crazy. If anything they are happy that you are taking the time to talk to them and you are making their shift just a tiny bit more bearable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 10:54 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,497,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The "shy voter" or "ashamed voter" theory.

Essence: It's not socially acceptable for a college grad to admit that they plan to vote for Trump, so they lie to pollsters. Sort of a reverse version of the old "Bradley effect" theory, where black LA Mayor Tom Bradley polled better in his gubernatorial campaign than he actually did because white voters wouldn't admit that they wouldn't vote for a black man.

Trump Campaign Manager: We
aka LYING for your boss, which is basically the job description in that role, right?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:05 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,053,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Yeah, that is a myth that has no bearing in facts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-challenger/

lol. The garbage you come up with is highly amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
It is the same where I live, nobody is going to admit to supporting Clinton due to fear of retaliation from rabid Trumpsters and right wingers. I personally know many business owners that have said they will fire anyone they know voted for Clinton. In a deep red state with at-will employment it is not simply a hollow threat either.
Uh, huh, sure.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:08 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,053,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
This is one of those threads we need to resurrect on November 9th.

Ever since I heard Conway tell a thousand lies one morning on C-Span four years ago, I've despised her. One person hogging the airwaves for almost an hour, spewing lie, after lie, after lie, after lie. Of late, the few times I've seen her, she's sounded more credible. So much for that - she's now reverted back to the old Kelly.

Of course, she's also working for Donald Trump, so this would her sycophantic effort to keep her job a bit longer and keep him from throwing a fit.
But Hillary's lies don't bother you? Sniper fire in Bosnia ring a bell?

You despise someone who has ZERO political power but vote for a liar who does?

OK, then.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:46 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,338,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
lol. The garbage you come up with is highly amusing.

Uh, huh, sure.
Yes, using facts is garbage. Must be hard when you delusions on things are smashed I guess.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:09 AM

25,603 posts, read 56,686,592 times
Default Who is the most morally bereft and biggest liar? Clue: It isn't Hillary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
But Hillary's lies don't bother you? Sniper fire in Bosnia ring a bell?
You despise someone who has ZERO political power but vote for a liar who does?
  • Thief: - Numerous bankruptcies stiffing small tradesman and large banks, using campaign donations to increase rental income in Trump Tower.
  • Philanderer/womanizer: Brings mistress (Marla) on Christmas vacay w/wife and family so that mistress confronts wife in PUBLIC - so that wife sues for divorce - and then THE DONALD marries mistress after birth of their illegitimate child. And, that's only one - of many. He's so proud of his womanizing he says the fact he never got an STD was his personal Viet Nam.
  • Liar: 70% of Trump statements are PANTS ON FIRE, FALSE or MOSTLY FALSE v. 27% for Hillary
Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact
Hillary Clinton's file | PolitiFact

Old 08-25-2016, 01:23 AM

7,587 posts, read 6,673,168 times
Trump - "The only reason I'm behind in the polls is because 1 out of every 4 people who support me are ashamed to admit it."

Wow. Just wow.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:34 AM

25,603 posts, read 56,686,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Trump - "The only reason I'm behind in the polls is because 1 out of every 4 people who support me are ashamed to admit it."

Wow. Just wow.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:10 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,205,545 times
Last night Seth Meyers reacted to this and said something to the effect of " so people are voting for your candidate like they eat a piece of cake at 2AM over the sink? "

Old 08-25-2016, 04:18 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,722,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post

Wow. Just wow.
The trump followers I know are pretty virulent about it, and wouldn't think twice about haranguing someone for not supporting trump, accusing the person of being un-American, un-patriotic, and one even says people who don't vote for trump are racists (really?!?!). Yeah, I don't think that any of them are ashamed of what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections