Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:54 AM

952 posts, read 519,597 times

Advertisements

It should be no secret that I don't like Trump, and will never vote for him.

Of course, the best means to keeping him from the WH would be to vote for Hillary. Never have been a fan of hers, but her experience and the fact that Trump completely insane have pushed me in that direction.

At the beginning of the race I was hoping the GOP would come up with a candidate that I could support...basically anyone buy Trump or Cruz. No luck there.

Was left hoping Biden would jump in, but no such luck there, either. So here is what I don't get...

Hillary has been running for prez since GW got elected. Her experience on the world stage has spanned 25+ years, which would be about 25+ years more than Trump. In troubled times, experience is attractive.

On the other hand, she has done nothing to put herself in as a 'shoe in', which she should be at this point.

Even if she IS innocent of all allegations that have been launched at her since 2000, why did she do nothing to protect her reputation so she would be easily elected? Why have none of the numerous GOP endless investigations come up with nothing on her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 10:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
I'm another reluctant Hillary voter.

She's been cleared in every single "investigation", but the barking GOP base still insists that even though there was never anything but unsubstantiated rumors of smoke, she must be keeping a roaring bonfire stoked in her back yard, and she's so clever that nobody is able to find it.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:59 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,237,192 times
Why have none of the numerous GOP endless investigations come up with nothing on her?

Because the system is as corrupt as she is.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Why have none of the numerous GOP endless investigations come up with nothing on her?

Because the system is as corrupt as she is.

See what I mean?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
See what I mean?
I said the system is corrupt, so I don't agree with you that they 'just haven't found anything.' nor do I think 'she is clever'

Old 08-24-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
See what I mean?
LOL! Yeah, I do. Just want to kick her for giving them fuel for the fire.

#still never Trump

Old 08-24-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
LOL! Yeah, I do. Just want to kick her for giving them fuel for the fire.

#still never Trump
What do you mean 'yeah I do?'

I will rephrase it since you two don't understand: The GOP is just as corrupt as Hillary Clinton, so the trials are political smoke and mirrors. They have no interest in convicting her. Their only interests are to keep their jobs and uphold the illusion of a two-party system. AKA they are just as corrupt as she is.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:

I will rephrase it since you two don't understand: The GOP is just as corrupt as Hillary Clinton, so the trials are political smoke and mirrors. They have no interest in convicting her. Their only interests are to keep their jobs and uphold the illusion of a two-party system. AKA they are just as corrupt as she is.

Really? I think they'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to convict her. In fact, I think they're unhealthily obsessed with the idea.

Either she's not guilty or they're too incompetent to prove that she is guilty.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:

I can understand where you're coming from on this. Both parties are corrupt, and the current system is poisoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Really? I think they'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to convict her. In fact, I think they're unhealthily obsessed with the idea.

Either she's not guilty or they're too incompetent to prove that she is guilty.
But I more agree with this^^^. There is no doubt in my mind that the GOP set out to destroy her and the fact that they haven't has got to be eating them alive.

They set out to destroy Obama and couldn't, so they focused, on Clinton, which, so far has also failed.

Does this mean there is no 'is' there, or does it mean the Gop is inept?

In the meantime, they left the backdoor open for Trump.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:50 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Hillary has experience, but look what she was doing with it and that it really didn't even do her that much good since she couldn't follow the rules.

She is not in anyway coming out appearing competent to handle the job. I oppose globalism, it is already sucking the life out of our country. Anyone that doesn't know what that is needs to do some research before voting for Hillary.

I guess if integrity and the well being of our country isn't that important to someone their voting for Hillary would be no surprise. Luckily, as Americans, that isn't the majority!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections