Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 06:31 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
You do. If you want to win. Hispanics even Republicans ones, understand hispanics are being blamed for all of Americas problems.
How do we win if we keep our borders open? Like Europe is winning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 06:33 PM

1,043 posts, read 900,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Trump is !
Are you tone deaf? I'm not trying to insult you but it is very clear what Trump's agenda is.

Just for arguments sake what kind of Jobs are illegals basically having a very negative effect on American workers?

They are having a negative effect on low wage agriculture jobs, manual labor and low level service jobs.

And yes - I worked in EVERY ONE of those jobs when I was a teenager. I picked crops, I worked in a car wash drying cars, and I worked as a landscaper.

If I as a teenager went looking for that same work today in the same places I'd be out of luck. The employers can take advantage and pay illegals under the table and don't want to bother hiring an American employee because they know they will want to be treated with respect.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Nobody is blaming hispanics America's problems.

However, if you think you can bring in (conservatively) 11 million people illegally, mostly working at the bottom end of the pay scale, or ever below market rate, and not have very negative effect on American workers, you are a fool.
With all due respect, St.Burr, these 11 million are already here. they've been here for years. Many have jobs and families. They live in houses and support the economy with their paycheck. they pay into social security and taxes but cannot file for a return or ever see a dime of that money they paid into SS. Unemployment is at 4.82% with these 11 million here. That's the lowest it's been in decades.
Nobody is saying that we ought to "bring in" 11 million immigrants. Hillary Clinton has never endorsed open borders and if you can give me one verifiable statement of her's, endorsing open borders, I'll kiss your shiny heiny.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:45 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
No tacos for Meester Troom.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:51 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
It's no surprise that Hispanics, coming from countries run by corrupt and inefficient governments, would feel more comfortable voting for Democrats.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:51 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
You guys can ignore how bringing in 3rd world labor affects the economy if you want, but that doesn't change the fact the problems exist.

When you are willing to admit that the real unemployment is well above 4.82%, then we can talk.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
With all due respect, St.Burr, these 11 million are already here. they've been here for years. Many have jobs and families. They live in houses and support the economy with their paycheck. they pay into social security and taxes but cannot file for a return or ever see a dime of that money they paid into SS. Unemployment is at 4.82% with these 11 million here. That's the lowest it's been in decades.
Nobody is saying that we ought to "bring in" 11 million immigrants. Hillary Clinton has never endorsed open borders and if you can give me one verifiable statement of her's, endorsing open borders, I'll kiss your shiny heiny.
IF you believe the unemployment rate has dropped to 4.8% I've got a bridge to Hawaii to sell you.

But what's the REAL unemployment rate?

Old 09-01-2016, 06:59 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,631,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
They are having a negative effect on low wage agriculture jobs, manual labor and low level service jobs.

And yes - I worked in EVERY ONE of those jobs when I was a teenager. I picked crops, I worked in a car wash drying cars, and I worked as a landscaper.

If I as a teenager went looking for that same work today in the same places I'd be out of luck. The employers can take advantage and pay illegals under the table and don't want to bother hiring an American employee because they know they will want to be treated with respect.
Fair enough but you are blaming illegals instead of the American Employers who hire these undocumented workers and are basically breaking the laws of our own nation!
If the Employers didn't hire them there wouldn't be a "illegal immigration" problem to begin with in regards to low wage manual labor.
Why isn't Trump going after these Employers instead?
They have created a situation where they prefer profits at the point of exploitation of the undocumented workers.

By the way, I don't know many American teens who want to work low wage agriculture jobs .
It's beneath them !

Old 09-01-2016, 07:00 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,840 times
And, certain hispanics are having a really good time mimicking trump's twitterfests! but, hey, it is all in fun, and "irreverent"!

Ex-Mexican president torments Donald Trump on Twitter - NY Daily News

Old 09-01-2016, 07:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You guys can ignore how bringing in 3rd world labor affects the economy if you want, but that doesn't change the fact the problems exist.

When you are willing to admit that the real unemployment is well above 4.82%, then we can talk.
Real employment is above 4.82??????? Say's who?????? You??????

Show me. Whip out some made up azz backwards numbers making the rounds on alt, fringe sites that show unemployment at 20%, no go further right make it 30%. Why not 50%??????????

4.82% is the official government numbers using metrics used since the great depression of the 20s and 30s. You want to use a different set of metrics? Get ready to explain and defend the numbers. You don't buy that number, you're just blowing smoke to hide your flawed logic and agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections