Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 11:19 AM

1,202 posts, read 641,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I have to admit, this 30 second clip is pretty darn effective. I've seen it numerous times, and still don't recall seeing any advertisement on television supporting Trump.

If you are an independent like myself, and watch this 30 second clip, it would be exceedingly hard to vote for Trumo when giving serious consideration to what could happen under Pres. Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQIO7Hsd71o
It's like preaching to the choir. NO ONE trusts what Hillary says....I have seen it. Her voice annoys me so I put the tv on mute when she shrills.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:51 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,376 times
Just so you know, Trump has had several new ads already on the air in nine states, with more to come. Hillary's ads are a lost cause anyway; she's got bigger fish to fry in the coming days.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:26 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
I have to admit, this 30 second clip is pretty darn effective. I've seen it numerous times, and still don't recall seeing any advertisement on television supporting Trump.

If you are an independent like myself, and watch this 30 second clip, it would be exceedingly hard to vote for Trumo when giving serious consideration to what could happen under Pres. Trump.

#11cellphones
#scrubbedserver

Old 09-02-2016, 02:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
She totally screwed up on the invasion of Libya, as did everyone involved. It was a huge mistake by my judgement and the judgement of most others. But not ONE American was killed, unlike the invasion of Iraq.
Yes they were. Just not directly in the same way AND I'm in no way trying to defend Bush's incompetence.

Quote:
We now live in a time where each President feels compelled to invade militarily another nation (or do this by proxy) and overthrow some crackpot dictator since the end of WWII.

Off the top of my head:

Eisenhower: Iran
Kennedy/Johnson: Vietnam
Nixon: Pick a South American country(proxy)/Vietnam
Carter: Did not invade another country!
Reagan: Grenada and Central America(proxy)
Bush 41: Panama and Iraq
Clinton: Serbia (Not ONE American was killed due to combat)
Bush 43: Iraq and Afghanistan
Obama: Libya
Clinton: ????

Thats what happens when you have the worlds largest and most expensive military, you meddle in other countries with it.
Which is why I am voting Stein as I imagine she is the most likely one to break this run. (You left off Syria) It's an even bigger mess than Libya.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I guess most don't realize that the POTUS does not act in a bubble. They cannot just do whatever the hell they want WITHOUT "approval" from Congress. They are not dictators.
No one approved Libya or Syria.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No one approved Libya or Syria.
Then congress has and is failing their duty to hold the executive branch in check.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:21 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
So...he can run his mouth on tv.

Yeah, that'll scare 'em!
And he can tweet!

Old 09-02-2016, 07:35 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
but that gung-ho, macho "I'm gonna bomb the **** out of ISIS" and "they can go **** themselves" gets him the WWE, UFC, MMA vote.....
Hey, sir, you are talking about the 2013 inductee to the WWE Hall of Fame . . . . .

For real.

Do we really need a WWE HOF as POTUS?

Mick

Old 09-02-2016, 09:36 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Which is why I am voting Stein as I imagine she is the most likely one to break this run. (You left off Syria) It's an even bigger mess than Libya.
I know a lot of local Green's who have worked hard to get her on the ballot. She is on the ballot in 42 states and is working on the rest. She has never held political office and is running for President, only slightly less ridiculous than Donald Trump seeking the office (she is far more qualified, on this we can agree)

However, her polling numbers are around 5%, and Green's here would consider that a small victory if she hits that number. And that might just be enough to give the Presidency to Trump, especially in key swing states.

No thanks Jill, try running for Mayor or maybe a seat in Congress, I think it best to hold some political office before attempting to be President of the United States. That's why I dismiss the Green's outside of local elections, they don't have a single member in Congress. Why do they waste their time and energy on this? Just an attention grab, but could have disastrous results in the general.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:50 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:

It's probably the best ad.

I saw this ad earlier today and I laughed. I thought whoever was in charge was very smart.

My favorite part is the last clip @0:18 because Trump looks like he is angry and out of control. His body language is terrible. I love how they left the part after he stopped speaking and he is blinking rapidly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections